It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and "Angels". Are they one in the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have some interesting reasons to believe that extraterrestrials along with UFO's, and the "angels" of old may be one and the same. There is much reasoning that points to this.

For example, many times in the Bible it describes beings called Angels, Cherubims, and Seraphims. As for all three of these beings, the bible describes them as "winged". When we see Angels depicted in history we typically see the stereotype image of the classic angelic form below. We imagine a human form with wings.

Obviously this is anatomically impossible, and slightly silly, but the issue has never really been taken into account because when things are "supernatural", anything is possible. After a lot of reasoning, it's safe to assume that the "image" of an angel is a symbol for what it really represented.

Afterall, the word "Angel" actually only means "messenger". It denotes nothing supernatural at all, other than their abilities beyond the understanding of man to travel, know of events, and form and shape the Earth indirectly and many times discreetly.

But lets look at some specific "Angels" that were talked about in the Bible more closely.

The Seraphim comes either from the Hebrew verb saraph ('to burn') or the Hebrew noun saraph (a fiery, flying serpent). It has often been understood to refer to them as "fiery serpents." From this it has also often been proposed that the seraphim were serpentine in form and in some sense "fiery" creatures or associated with fire.

The Cherubim are described as "winged" creatures who support the "Throne of God", or act as guardian spirits. They appear in the Bible (the book of Ezekiel) as bearing the "throne and chariot of God", and hence later were thought of as a type of angel. They are also mentioned in Genesis 3:24 as guardians (or protectors) of the "Garden of Eden". They were also placed at the gates of the Garden to prevent humans from re-entering.

Cherubims were usually painted as angels with four wings and four faces (human, lion, bull and eagle). Artists in later times made them appear as the chubby, rosy-faced, winged infants of which they are known today. But if we look the actual translations of the Hebrew texts of the account of Ezekiel seeing the Cherubims, we are painted a strikingly different (and eye-opening) description of the Cherubim:

(I could not include the whole passage due to character constraints but tried to include the most meaningfully translated passages)

"And I looked [up into the heavens], and saw a whirlwind come from out of the north; an immense cloud that was surrounded by brightness and fire flashing forth continuously in a circle, and in the middle of which there was something that looked like something like a round amber metallic object. 5) And from out of the middle of the fire there came what looked like four living creatures. This was their appearance; they had [within them] the form of a man 6)......Their legs were rigid and the soles of their feet were [round and flat] like the sole of a calf's foot; and they sparkled like polished brass. 8) They each had a manlike hand [that was capable of opening and closing] under their wings on each of their four quadrants... 9) Their [upper and lower] wings coupled-together [as a double-convex saucer], and when they moved they did not turn their wings to either side; they just moved straight forward [in any direction]. ... 12) And they moved straight forward: wherever the [angelic] Spirit desired to go, the living creatures moved and, [in so doing], they did not turn [tilt their wings from a horizontal position]. 13) As for the likeness of the living creatures [as I perceived them in the heavens], they looked like, [amber-colored] burning coals of fire that had lights within them that flashed forth intermittently and the fire was bright, and from the fire there came forth [what appeared like] flashes of lightning. 14) And the living creatures darted back and forth [through the heavens] like flashes of lightning, without turning their wings [to either side] as they moved. 15) And as I looked, one of the living creatures landed/stood on the earth, [whereby I then perceived it as being] and behold, a wheel [was fastened] on the side of the four-faced living creature. 16) The appearance of the wheels and their construction was like the [sparkling, amber] color of [the gemstone] Tarshish; and they each had the same [circular] shape: and their appearance and their operation was as if there were a [spinning 10:2,6,13] wheel in the middle of a [larger] wheel. 17) And when they moved [through the heavens], they moved in any direction and in so doing, they did not turn their wings [from a horizontal position] as they moved. 18) As for their [circular, hollow backs [which looked like rings or rims] they were tall and awesome, and were encircled with [round] eyes [like ports]. 19) When the living creatures moved, the wheels [which joined to their side] moved beside them. And when the living creatures lifted up from off of the earth, the wheels also lifted up beside them. 20) Wherever the [angelic] Spirit desired to go, and the wheels rose along with them, for there was a living Spirit inside of the wheels. 21) When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved; and when the living creatures stood still [hovered] the wheels also stood, because there was a living Spirit inside of the wheels [who navigated them]. 22) And there was something that looked like an awesome, clear glass dome that spread-out over the heads of the living creatures. 23) And under the dome their wings were horizontal, the one [extended at an angle] towards the other; each of them had two wings that covered their [central, hollow] bodies on the one side [quadrant], each one had two wings that covered [concealed from view] their bodies on the other quadrant. 24) And when the living creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, which was like the sound of roaring water, like the voice of the Almighty, the voice of speech, like the tumultuous sound of an army: and when they stood [landed] upon the earth, they ceased their wings [from making the noise]."

My point is that the interpretations of old came from people who thought anything they didn't understand to be supernatural. A modern jetliner to someone in the old testament would be considered a flying serpent of fire.

Just give it some thought..

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Azurus]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Glad to see that you have awaken!!!

Why do you think that this part and other parts of the Bible are not brought up alot that describes such events that could be interperted as ancient astronauts (gods, creators of humans).

Because those in control want to remain in control. If "everyone knew the truth", then they would loose their power over you.

Keep thinking and researching; you're on the way to learning so much more. Just remember though; once you start down the path of true knowledge, you can never return. Be sure that is what you want.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You do realize, don't you, that every single thing you put in brackets [ ] is your assumption?

Don't assume. We know the results of that. When you read the bible, it will tell you what is allegorical and what is literal. The authors like to use such words as "as if, like, as it were" and so forth to describe things that were either unknown to them, or indescribable.

He said the beings HAD four faces, not "as if" they had four faces. I'm quite sure the guy could count to at least four.

Actually, in re-reading the description, the way he describes the wings is like a bumble bee, or dragon fly in the way it flies. Bees and Dragon Flies seem to go "whichever way they choose" without "tilting their wings" like a bird does.

"A modern jetliner to someone in the old testament would be considered a flying serpent of fire." Really? And exactly where would you see "fire" on a modern airliner? From a missile, I'd give you that, but from a jetliner? No, it would more likely be described as a giant bronze (or whatever metal is common at that time) bird that flies without moving it's wings.

From a reading of the quoted part, the "wheels" seemed separate and distinct from the "living beings". They were described several times as "beside" the things, but moved where they moved.

My point? Go with what the guy literally said, not what you THINK he said.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
You do realize, don't you, that every single thing you put in brackets [ ] is your assumption?

Don't assume. We know the results of that. When you read the bible, it will tell you what is allegorical and what is literal. The authors like to use such words as "as if, like, as it were" and so forth to describe things that were either unknown to them, or indescribable.

He said the beings HAD four faces, not "as if" they had four faces. I'm quite sure the guy could count to at least four.

Actually, in re-reading the description, the way he describes the wings is like a bumble bee, or dragon fly in the way it flies. Bees and Dragon Flies seem to go "whichever way they choose" without "tilting their wings" like a bird does.

"A modern jetliner to someone in the old testament would be considered a flying serpent of fire." Really? And exactly where would you see "fire" on a modern airliner? From a missile, I'd give you that, but from a jetliner? No, it would more likely be described as a giant bronze (or whatever metal is common at that time) bird that flies without moving it's wings.

From a reading of the quoted part, the "wheels" seemed separate and distinct from the "living beings". They were described several times as "beside" the things, but moved where they moved.

My point? Go with what the guy literally said, not what you THINK he said.

I believe you may be misunderstanding my point. A literal translation is only as good as the translater as well as the time frame under which is was written in the first place.

Are you telling me that in Revelation when it describes the beast with 7 heads that it is a literal beast that has seven heads? If so, then I recommend that you do your research. You will find that symbolism is used very frequently within the bible. The problem is that while the Hebrew can be translated, the language itself is a barrier due to the original meaning of the words changing. What we may interpret as the "head of an eagle", could very well be as simple as a certain shape, or also as complex as representing a whole nation.

The original hebrew writing in the bible as it compares to the King James version is highly different, and is still open to much scrutiny. It is evident in Genesis as well as in many many other books.

During the Old Testament times, anything people saw that they could not comprehend logically or scientifically was considered to be of the Gods, and it was originally written by people in only the best words they could describe (for their time). Those words have changed meaning and gained or loss uses, and for some reason people seem to take the word of a certain translation as literal fact.

My example of the jetliner was quick and merely pointing out a single example, but you are halfway right. If you were to take an Old Testament human and show them a modern jetliner, they would no doubt probably call it a "roaring winged serpent with a deathly howl through the sky and a fire tail". My point is that these translations are only as good as the time in they were written and on who decided to interpret the original writing.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Azurus]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

The ancient astronaut theory has been around for decades. There is no concrete proof for it, no matter what Sitchin and Von Daniken state. In one of Sitchin's books he talks about launch pads for rockets. Yet he can not find any part of an ancient rocket or ancient burn areas to back it up. I read those books to be entertained, but I am a little skeptical until they come up with more proof other than interpretations of writings and art work.
I do believe civilization is a lot older than it is thought to be, but there is no concrete proof other than some anomalies out there.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

S&F~!! Excellent, excellent post!!!! I would seriously NOT throw out your findings! I concur with you have found already! Why? Simple, it's a language barrier along with time era, much like you said. I can't & won't add anything else to what you've found already except for my other thread that 'might' go along with this....found here

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
YES and NO!

The term "Angel" is simply messenger.

Several classes of angel beings have actually been aliens and they arived in UFOs.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
looks like to me your copyin the same exact thing from that book aliens in the bible

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure what book you are referring to because I've never heard of it.

I got that translation from a website that is devoted to studying the relationship between Ezekial's vision and connections with modern type UFO's. So, if your book talks about or mentions or quotes the same passages in the Bible, then it will obviously be similar.

I didn't claim to write the quote, that's why it's in quotes. Looks to me like you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the thread.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Azurus]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here is a partial untranslated direct quote from Ezekial:

4And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. 5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. 7And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf’s foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. 8And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. 9Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward. 10As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle. 11Thus were their faces: and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined one to another, and two covered their bodies. 12And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went. 13As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

new topics

top topics

join