It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maury Islands ufo debris!! what happend...!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Deep in the summer of 1947, something happened in an east bay off Maury Island, Washington. It had all the ear marks of a trace UFO case, years before any other trace case and was in the same time frame of the most famous case of all. Roswell.The Maury Island UFO Mystery is a complex case spanning several months in the summer of 1947 in the Puget Sound area of Washington State. The mystery occurred two weeks before Roswell and first involved UFOs seen over Maury Island, followed by the famous Kenneth Arnold sighting of UFOs over Mt. Rainier and ended with the tragic crash of a B-25 Bomber and the deaths of two military intelligence officers.

Palmer wrote Arnold( Investigator) that he had received a letter from a man named Fred Lee Crisman. In the letter, Crisman claimed that he was a harbor patrolman at Tacoma, Washington and that he and an employee of his named Harold Dahl had seen several UFOs near Maury Island in Puget Sound.

On June 21, 1947 in the afternoon about two o’clock I was patrolling the East Bay of Maury Island close in to the shore. This practically uninhabited island lies directly opposite Tacoma about three miles from mainland.I, as captain, was steering my patrol boat close to the shore of a bay on Maury Island. On board were two crewmen, my fifteen-year-old son and his dog.

As I looked up from the wheel on my boat I noticed six very large doughnut-shaped aircraft. I would judge they were at about 2,000 feet the water and almost directly overhead.

At first glance I thought them to be balloons as they seemed to be stationary. However, upon further observance, five of these strange aircraft were circling very slowly around the sixth one which was stationary in the center of the formation. It appeared to me that the center aircraft was in some kind of trouble as it was losing altitude fairly rapidly.

The other aircraft stayed at a distance of about two hundred feet above the center one as if they were following the center one down. The center aircraft came to rest almost directly overhead at about five hundred feet above the water.

All on board our boat were watching these aircraft with a great deal of interest as they apparently had no motors, propellers , or any visible signs of propulsion, and to the best of our hearing they made no sound. In describing the aircraft I would say they were at least one hundred feet in diameter.

Each had a hole in the center, approximately twenty-five feet in diameter. They were all a sort shell-like gold and silver color. Their surface seemed of metal and appeared to be burled because when the light shone on them through the clouds they were brilliant, not all one brilliance, but many brilliance’s, something like a Buick dashboard.

All of the aircraft seemed to have large portholes equally spaced around the outside of their doughnut exterior. These portholes were from five to six feet in diameter and were round. They also appeared to have a dark, circular, continuous window on the inside and bottom of their doughnut shape as though it were an observation window.
The rest of the story continues here in more detail!

The UFOs hovered about 500 feet over them and one of the circling UFOs moved in and touched the ailing one in the center. When it did, the center object began spitting out hot metallic material from its center hole. A lot of the stuff fell on the boat, damaging it, and some fell on the dog, killing it. One piece even burned Dahl's son's arm. This regurgitation seemed to "fix" the ailing UFO, and all six objects headed off toward the ocean.

Dahl picked up some of the debris, took some photos and put it into the boat and then headed back to Tacoma. He took his son to the emergency room and then reported to his superior, Fred Lee Crisman. Crisman did not believe Dahl, and was in fact angry about the boat being damaged.

The next morning, Dahl received a visit from a "man in a dark suit", who told him that he had seen something he wasn't supposed to and warned him not to discuss it with anyone. Fearing for his life and of his family he said that it was a hoax that never occured!

Arnold Gets Help:
Crisman, meanwhile, had taken a boat out to the spot on Maury Island to investigate. He found tons of debris scattered about, and, as he was examining the debris, he saw one of the objects appear overhead. After hearing the story and being shown a lump of the material, Arnold decided he needed some help, so he called his friend and fellow UFO witness, United Airlines Captain E. J. Smith. Smith said he would be glad to help, so Arnold flew up to Seattle and brought him back to Tacoma.

After seeing the debris and hearing the story, Brown and Davidson two military intelligence officers decided that it was a hoax. They took a box of the debris and told Arnold they had to leave. They drove to McChord Field and told the intelligence officer there that they felt it was a hoax. They hadn't told Arnold because they didn't want to embarrass him, he was so taken in by Dahl and Crisman. The next morning, August 1, they boarded a B-25 back to Hamilton Field. A few hours later, they were killed when the B-25 crashed.

The newspapers hinted that the plane had been sabotaged because they were carrying classified material about flying saucers. They made much of the fact that the crew chief and a passenger were able to bail out, but that Brown and Davidson were not. The official explanation was that the only classified material they were carrying was a file of reports that had nothing to do with flying saucers.The plane crashed because an engine caught fire. Brown and Davidson couldn't bail out in time because a wing broke loose and tore off the tail section. Under questioning, Dahl and Crisman later admitted that the "debris" was only worthless slag from a local smelter. There had been no UFOs. They had only been telling publisher Raymond Palmer what he wanted to hear. The Air Force considered prosecuting the two men, but decided that they hadn't actually meant to cause any harm.

Arnold packed up and flew home in disgust. On the way home, however, he crashed his plane at Pendleton because somehow the fuel valve had gotten turned off. He wasn't hurt.That is really weird!

For Crisman and Dahl,they seem to have vanished for ever.REFERENCES:
ufo.whipnet.org...
www.seanet.com...
www.youtube.com...

TExt info:
ufos.about.com...
www.seanet.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here is some interesting links of the B-25 that has crashed and then discovered!.!

Also found in the area was a large black stone which directors believe may have been one of the pieces of slag the officers may have been hoping to analyze. The Directors hope to pick up the mission 60 years later to analyze the possible slag in question for its properties.

The directors believe the officers, whether or not they believed the evidence they were carrying on board was legitimate, risked their lives to secure what they believed to be evidence.

http://www.ufosnw.com/news_items/mauryisland1947/b25crashdebris.htm

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Eye witness report to the B-25 crash!

It was still dark in the early morning of Aug. 1, 1947, when a fire erupted in the left engine of the B-25.Longview police officers reported watching the B-25 circle over Longview and Kelso, leaving a streak of smoke behind the burning motor.When attempts to extinguish the fire failed, two other crew members -- Sgt. Elmer L. Taft and Tech. Sgt. Woodrow D. Matthews -- parachuted to safety. Brown and Davidson, who some believe knew there were UFO parts on the plane, stayed with the bomber.

The B-25 crashed into the base of three alder trees. Brown and Davidson's mangled bodies were thrown clear.On Aug. 3, 1947, an Associated Press report said the men died investigating flying saucers.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
thank-you for the interesting post on the Maury Island event Enjoyed how you used photos & diagram.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
posted on 7/24/2008 at 18:00 by lyingunderoath

thank-you for the interesting post on the Maury Island event Enjoyed how you used photos & diagram.

Sure no problem man! There is still alot of unknown ufo encounters that still needs to be solved and let know to the people!

top topics

join