It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Edwards Caught With Mistress and Love Child

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Vice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards was caught visiting his mistress and secret love child at 2:40 this morning in a Los Angeles hotel by the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

The married ex-senator from North Carolina - whose wife Elizabeth continues to battle cancer -- met with his mistress, blonde divorcée Rielle Hunter, at the Beverly Hilton on Monday night, July 21 - and the NATIONAL ENQUIRER was there! He didn't leave until early the next morning.

Sources came forward after that story appeared and told The NATIONAL ENQUIRER that Edwards and Rielle had met secretly several times, so that he could see his baby and continue his relationship with Rielle.

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER learned ahead of time that one such meeting was set for yesterday.
SOURCE

If anything comes of this aside from tabloid sensationalism, Edwards can say goodbye to any hopes of being Obama's running-mate.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

WOW, it has to be true with that source.... lol gotta love the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Say Bye bye to the VP if thats true. The moralist right will destroy him over this.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
WOW, it has to be true with that source.... lol gotta love the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

The Enquirer has exposed politicians' extra-marital activities in the past. Recall Jesse Jackson in 2001.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Say Bye bye to the VP if thats true. The moralist right will destroy him over this.

Before you get on that high horse, let me ask you this: if you were Obama, would you want him as your VP in light of this?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hope this is not true. I honestly think Edwards is a good guy with good ideas. If this is true he will have to hide under a rock for 10-15 years, making him a completely unimportant player for the rest of his political career.
National Enquirer is a rag, Saviorcomplex pretty much copped to that. But he is right that they do, once in blue moon, stumble upon something that makes the MSM dig and then BAM it's true.

I just hope BatBoy is not real!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I hope this is not true. I honestly think Edwards is a good guy...

I am with you there, Observer. He may be a slimeball of a politician*,but he always came across as a decent family man. I hope for the sake of his wife and kids this isn't true.

That being said, if it is true and if he is being considered for the VP spot, we have a right and need to know.

National Enquirer is a rag, Saviorcomplex pretty much copped to that...

Completely true. They are a rag. In this case, they are not repeating a rumor, they are saying their reporter actually caught and confronted Edwards. While they have no editorial-discretion, printing whatever hearsay and rumor that comes along, rare is it that they outright lie.

I just hope BatBoy is not real!

Are you kidding! I hope he's real! Besides, you are confusing the National Enquirer with the Weekly World News, the most honest, truthful paper in the country. That's why The Man shut it down!

(*Yeah, that's a backhanded compliment, but in my opinion, what politician isn't a slimeball?)

[edit on 23-7-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After the alleged 'secret meeting' agenda was leaked, I found myself in a bet with my wife. I told her that if we were to assume that the agenda was real, and it HAD been leaked by a member of congress, despite the secrecy oath they were required to sign, there would be repercussions.

I bet her that in the near future we would see some tragic 'career-ending' news breaking about some member of the congress. THAT would be the telling sign that he or she had been determined to have been the 'leak' and was being summarily ejected from the club.

I know this is a 'true' stretch, and in true conspiracy fashion, I offer nothing but speculative comment on the matter.

It is a shame however, that all of those who seemed, in my opinion, to offer a glimmer of hope that there were still a few 'human beings' in the halls of government, seem to be dropping off for one reason or another.

Good luck Mr. Edwards. I hope these are all false allegations, but if they are not, good luck anyway!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I bet her that in the near future we would see some tragic 'career-ending' news breaking about some member of the congress. THAT would be the telling sign that he or she had been determined to have been the 'leak' and was being summarily ejected from the club.

Well, this conspiracy theory would work if John Edwards was still a sitting US senator. He left office in 2005.

Good luck Mr. Edwards. I hope these are all false allegations, but if they are not, good luck anyway!

I hope so too.

But, I have a terrible feeling they are true. You have to imagine the Enquirer, which has lost several lawsuits in the past, would be very careful about this one. They are not only going after a potential Vice Presidential candidate, but a man who has made his fortune suing people.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Well, this conspiracy theory would work if John Edwards was still a sitting US senator. He left office in 2005.

I hope so too.

But, I have a terrible feeling they are true. You have to imagine the Enquirer, which has lost several lawsuits in the past, would be very careful about this one. They are not only going after a potential Vice Presidential candidate, but a man who has made his fortune suing people.

Oh yeah...
(embarrassing, no?) I don't know WHAT I was thinking. Good thing I haven't mentioned it to my wife, she'd NEVER let it go! You saved me from eating some crow! (thanks)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if this story is true. The National Enquirer is a CIA front, privy to CIA intel. All politicians and celebrities are watched constantly and the intel is kept for a rainy day.

The question is, WHO wanted this story to get out??

Peace

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Oh yeah...
(embarrassing, no?) I don't know WHAT I was thinking. Good thing I haven't mentioned it to my wife, she'd NEVER let it go! You saved me from eating some crow! (thanks)

Wait...hold up Maxmars! If you still thought Edwards was still a US Senator, chances are she does too! It should be a very easy to convince her you won the bet! Get whatever you were supposed to win out of her! And then if she ever figures out he isn't a Senator, feign ignorance. But never ever let your wife think she has won, if you can help it!

Then again, I'm divorced, so you might not want to be taking marital advice from me.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
The question is, WHO wanted this story to get out??

Here's a suspect:

Edwards, Nunn on Obama's Veep List

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow...

Just Wow...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No doubt about it. If this were a Republican it would be the main topic on all the major networks. Since its a democrat and its John Edwards, they ignore it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
No doubt about it. If this were a Republican it would be the main topic on all the major networks. Since its a democrat and its John Edwards, they ignore it.

The Enquirer is a rag, but if this were a complete falsehood they would be setting themselves up for a doosie of a libel and slander case.

The liberal media can only ignore it for so long before it hits critical mass. I can just picture a bunch of fat libs all piling on top of a huge pot cover that's rattling profusely off the top of the pot, steam blowing out of the open spots, desperately trying to keep the lid on.

I too thought this guy was a decent character, supporting his wife while she suffered through a bout of cancer.

Turns out he was a two timing bastard the whole time.

Gee. I wonder what else the Democrats are wrong about this year?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Say Bye bye to the VP if that's true. The moralist right will destroy him over this.

Not that the Enquirer is the best of sources. Reading the account they give of the stakeout, it appears Edwards is not being truthful. He meets her at the hotel by going to the basement to get the elevator at 2 in the morning. Doesn't sound suspicious to me.

Hey I've got an idea, I'll go visit the mother of the lovechild of one of my closest friends at a hotel in the middle of the night. And when I get spotted, I'll hide in the bathroom for 15 minutes.

If the Enquirer account is true, Edwards is political history as well as being a total scumbag to his wife who is battling Cancer.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Liberals, republicans, we all get the same slack. Its all about the news, to be frank the conservatives messed up the most this decade hence all the attention. During the 80s/90s liberals got the bulk of the slack.

The myth of the liberal media, yet another excuse by the righties. I refer you to the time Bush declared war on Iraq, 2002-2004 to be specific. You tell me how the media was playing to the necons/GOP.
And yet again we forget Fox news and Cspan

And about edwards, I hope this isnt true. I really think his a great politician, i was most dissappointed when he lost the nomination in 2004... Lets hope this story turns out to be false.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have to be honest with you, keep in mind we are assuming it's true until we hear otherwise, I couldn't care less about this.

I am a libertarian styled fellow who doesn't particularly like John Edwards, mainly because he seemed to me to be rather smarmy.

On the other hand, I could care less if my politicians are Christian, have any faith, love their wives, bang lots of chicks, father illegitimate children, is married at all, etc, etc, etc.

If Johnny was worth his salt, none of this matters really. One could say "it speaks to his character". Screw character, I only value political principles and their ability to follow through with their promises.

There was a point in time in this country where even ASKING a president anything personal was extremely rude and offensive, perhaps even enough to provoke a duel.

Many renowned people have had personal lives that would get railroaded these days in high places in our government.

This only speaks to the fact that politicians must pander to the over-sensitive Christians (on the whole we all are, but that's where the "moral compass" issues come from in this department).

Sheesh, I can't believe I am defending this guy.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

There have been several scandals picked up by the MSM, that started at the Enquirer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join