It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONE True Religion- Via Psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am currently studying psychology and have made a few discoveries of my own.

I was raised Christian haven't denounced Christ or anything... but... I have noticed a few things since taking psychology. That the whole of the religious teachings is to control each and every human... to give them the same ideals and same goals in life and to keep them from doing horrible acts (which is a very good thing to stop such horrors). However I have noticed that the religions practiced today take away from the freedom of the truth of all religions. The true religion. That we must all seek our own personal self and our own personal belief but yet undertand our place in this world. I believe that it is good to teach people the religions of the world... butif your going to do it teach them all of the religions and show them that in the end... all you need are these things...

Seek to love
seek to understand
seek more knowledge
seek to understand that knowledge
seek to love and help others with that knowledge
seek the creator ( also love)
seek yourself
seek more knowledge

Seek to begin the never ending cycle of truth.

I think the ANWSERS to RELIGION can be found if All of humanity were to study psychology and understand how to treat each other in love and what not and we would weed out all the junk from the religions of the world... and in the end we would come up with one true, loving and Godly religion.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Generally, I agree with you. I view religion as just a means to an end.

The part where you will probably run into the most opposition is from people who argue that it is NOT life on EARTH that religion focuses on, it is the eternal life thereafter that religion is concerned with.

Just a heads up. Good correlation beween religion and psychology

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
definitely, psychology and its mutations and offspring are important topics to everyone.

I just recently got into, and am still in the process of, immersing myself into quantum psychology.

Quantum psychology has amazed me, especially because of its implications and the power of the human being. I suggest you check out This

I studied college psychology textbooks when I was a kid because I wanted to be a psychologist for some reason. I must have been 10 or 11 when I knew what I wanted to do, and I poured over hundreds of books.
I can say that I live an amazing life that gets better and better everyday, and learning how my mind works and how to greatly enhance its performance and clarity, has definitely helped.

People will always want to be led as long as fear has a grip on their souls.

[edit on 7/24/2008 by iiinvision]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Enjoy spending the rest of your life seeking answers to psychological questions. Nothing personal against doing so, hope it gets you somewhere that eventually makes you happy with your inner self. At least you are doing something, even if it is a tree hugger way of doing it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I found reading texts by Carl Jung to be an eye-opener on this topic. (or any eye-closer if you read too late at night...)

It seems sometimes to me like he has more of a following amongst occultists than psychologists.

Actually, the more I look at it, the less I can distinguish the two.

new topics

top topics

join