It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who made eating pork and swine flesh lawful for Christians?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It blows me away that these books of religion are still taken seriously today!! They are all lies of control and subversion. Wake up ye blind idiots.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

Missingbluesky,

I'm not criticizing my neighbor here. I follow Jesus' examples and true teachings. My only concern here is what if it's not Jesus who made eating pork lawful but some disciples who came after him and attributed it to Jesus?

Because it is clear from Jesus' teachings that he still considered some meat unclean.

Uh, you should research the Bible a little more closely because you sir, are sadly mistaken.

First as to your original post, there's no "Gospel of Jesus" in the Bible. Anywhere. If you're referring to the Gospel overall, as in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John then you should quote directly from them.

Second, I offer these scriptures which clearly negate everything you posted:

Mark 7:15-19

15 "There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. " 16"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear. " 17And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable. 18And he saith unto them, "Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him; " 19"Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? " 20And he said, "That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. " 21"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, " 22"Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: " 23"All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Summarized: Jesus said nothing that enters a man can defile him, it's what comes out of a man that defiles him, meaning his works as evil deeds and his words like a poison unto others.

1 Timothy 4

1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, [and commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 4 For every creature of God [is] good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

Summarized: Right out of the Bible and in verse 4 - EVERY creature of God is good and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanks to the lord and prayer. Also, these scriptures warn that people like YOU will be speaking lies in hypocracy. I would watch whom you choose to criticize, pal.

Colossians 2

16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath

Summarized: It's none of your business what I eat. Period.

I urge you to read the Bible more in its entirety if you're going to quote scripture and use it in a debate.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 23-7-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

A Muslim man got lost in the desert and after few days of walking, he runs into a PIG. As he was dieing of thirst and hunger, he grabs the PIG and starts pulling the knife out of his pocket. The PIG started Squealing really loud. The Muslim puts knife to PIG’S neck and says:
“You Can Squeal All You Want. To Me, You Are Still A LAMB!!!”

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think the Romans were in a state where they were hungry and all they had was pig and they said " Let's eat "

King James Version
7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.

8But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

9But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Source

Internation Version
7Then I heard a voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'

8"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'

9"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.'
Source

Now this came from a man "Peter" who says God told him to eat. Did he do this to save his butt or was it the truth.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
See signature.

The Christian bible is littered with contradictions.

One doesn't even need to go past the very first page of the Old Testament to find the first one. If one were seeking information on creation, would one determine that plants were created, then animals, then humans (Genesis 1), or humans, then plants then animals (Genesis 2)?

Similarly, the very first page of the New Testament introduces another major contradiction: inconsistent genealogies of Jesus in Matthew and Luke.

While there's hundreds of them, I'll post just a very short list:
Some Apparent Bible Contradictions:

God is satisfied / dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 1:31 / Gen 6:6

God dwells / dwells not in chosen temples.
2 Chron 7:12,16 / Acts 7:48

If someone is not for God, he is against God; or if not against, then for.
Matt 12:30, Luke 11:23 / Mark 9:40, Luke 9:50.

God dwells in light / darkness.
1 Tim 6:16 / 1 Kings 8:12; Ps 18:11; Ps 97:2

God is seen and heard / invisible and cannot be heard.
Ex 33:23,11; Gen 3:9,10; Gen 32:30; Is 6:1; Ex 24:9-11 / John 1:18; John 5:37; Ex 33:20; 1 Tim 6:16

God is tired and rests / never tired and never rests.
Ex 31:17; Jer 15:6 / Is 40:28

God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things / not everywhere, neither sees nor knows all things.
Prov 15:3; Ps 139:7-10; Job 34:22,21 / Gen 11:5; Gen 18:20,21; Gen 3:8

God knows the hearts of men / tries men to find out.
Acts 1:24; Ps 139:2,3 / Deut 13:3, 8:2; Gen 22:12

God is / is not all powerful.
Jer 32:27; Mt 19:26 / Judg 1:19

God is unchangeable / changeable.
James 1:17; Mal 3:6; Ezek 24:14; Num 23:19 / Gen 6:6; Jonah 3:10; 1 Sam 2:30,31; 2 Kings 20:1,4-6; Ex 33:1,3,17,14

God is just and impartial / unjust and partial.
Ps 92:15; Gen 18:25; Deut 32:4; Rom 2:11; Ezek 18:25 / Gen 9:25; Ex 20:5; Rom 9:11-13; Mt 13:12

God is / is not the author of evil.
Lam 3:38; Jer 18:11; Is 45:7; Amos 3:6; Ezek 20:25 / 1 Cor 14:33; Deut 32:4; James 1:13

God gives freely to those who ask / withholds blessings.
James 1:5; Luke 11:10 / John 12:40; Josh 11:20; Is 63:17

God is warlike / peaceful.
Ex 15:3; Is 51:15 / Rom 15:33; 1 Cor 14:33

God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive and ferocious / kind, merciful and good.
Num 31:1,17-18,42-47; Deut 4:24 ; Deut 7:16; Jer 13:14; 1 Sam 15:2-3; 1 Sam 6:19; / James 5:11; Lam 3:33; 1 Chron 16;34; Ezek 18:32; Ps 145:9; 1 Tim 2:4; 1 John 4:16; Ps 25:8

God's anger is fierce, endures long / is slow and ends quickly.
Num 32:13; Num 25:4; Jer 17:4 / Ps 103:8; Ps 30:5

As these go on and on and on, I fail to see how anyone could put much stock in any of it... So, I postulate that if you look hard enough, you'll probably find somewhere a statement to the effect that pork/swine flesh is the only meat we're allowed to eat.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. So you believe that if, hypothetically, you and I were eating at the same restaraunt, and you had a salad, and I slipped a Bac-O into your salad, and you ingested it, that you would burn in hell?

WHAT KIND OF GOD DO YOU WORSHIP!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Hi

You have posed a perfectly reasonable question. However many of the things you quote as sayings of Jesus are not taken from the New Testament. For example, on page 1 you quoted Jesus' words as found in the Gospels, but then the following was added:

Thereupon, said one of the scribes: "If I shall eat pork, or other unclean meats, will they not defile my conscience?" Jesus answered: "Disobedience will not enter into the man, but will come out of the man, from his heart; and therefore will he be defiled when he shall eat forbidden food."

It may well help you to understand the Christian position if you realise that Christ's disciples will not accept such additions.

Your reply to Missing Blue Sky above is jam packed full of quotes ostensibly from Christ, but which we would regard as having no authority - they are not from the New Testament, written by those who lived alongside Christ throughout his earthly ministry.

The teaching of the New Testament is crystal clear: the ceremonial laws regarding a priesthood, a temple and the laws regarding food hygiene and the Jewish legal system are not applicable in the New Testament era. The moral law of God, however, still stands - the ten commandments and the numerous other moral laws, which explain the decalogue in detail, which is why Jesus said he had not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, but to fulfill them.

Crucially, Christians seek to live by the moral law of God not to establish their own righteousness, and thereby acceptance by God, but to express their love for Him, since their sins are entirely forgiven. This is not a cheap 'I've done this, so forgive me again'-type forgiveness, as suggested by an earlier poster, but a forgiveness paid for in Christ's sufferings on the Cross. He took the punishment sinners deserve - separation from God Almighty - so that they would never experience that punishment, seeing as God does not exact punishment for sins twice. We therefore enjoy God's promise of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God is Love personified.

A typical passage demonstrating these teachings is:

The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord... Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, that you may be joined to another, to him who was raised from the dead, that we might bear fruit for God... we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter

Romans 6:26, 7:4&6

I.e. True disciples of Christ love God's moral Law from the heart, and willingly, gladly, live by it to worship their Maker. They are no longer seeking to gain His approval, as Christ has done that for them, on their behalf.

We believe that Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law and the Prophets, as He said, as they were all pointing towards him, sometimes literally, sometimes via symbols.

Jesus to his disciples after his resurrection from the dead:

"...why do doubts arise in your hearts?.. These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things that are written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled... Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, and that repentance for forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all the nations..."

Gospel of Luke 24:38, 44,46&47

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Thebudweiserstuntman,

Yes, it's so true that Muslims do not eat pork meat because God prohibited the consumption of unclean meat. All other clean meat are lawful except dead meat, swine flesh, and blood, and animals sacrificed to idols, much the same as the people of Moses and Jesus. It's called obedience.

Jesus taught that what comes in the mouth defiles not a man, but disobedience defiles a man, when he eat forbidden meat.

He taught that circumcision is a Covenant of God to Abraham and his sons forever, but after his death it becomes lawful to be uncircumcised?

Then said Jesus: 'Adam the first man having eaten, by fraud of Satan, the food forbidden of God in paradise, his flesh rebelled against the spirit; whereupon he swore, saying: "By God, I will cut thee!"

And having broken a piece of rock, he seized his flesh to cut it with the sharp edge of the stone: whereupon he was rebuked by the angel Gabriel. And he answered: "I have sworn by God to cut it; I will never be a liar!"

'Then the angel showed him the superfluity of his flesh, and that he cut off. And hence, just as every man taketh flesh from the flesh of Adam, so is he bound to observe all that Adam promised with an oath. This did Adam observe in his sons, and from generation to generation came down the obligation of circumcision. But in the time of Abraham there were but few circumcised upon the earth, because that idolatry was multiplied up the earth. Whereupon God told to Abraham the fact concerning circumcision, and made this covenant, saying: "The soul that shall not have his flesh circumcised, I will scatter him from among my people for ever."

The disciples trembled with fear at these words of Jesus, for with vehemence of spirit he spoke. Then said Jesus: Leave fear to him that hath not circumcised his foreskin, for he is deprived of paradise. And having said this, Jesus spoke again, saying: 'The spirit in many is ready in the service of God, but the flesh is weak. The man therefore that feareth God ought to consider what the flesh is, and where it had its origin, and whereto it shall be reduced. Of the clay of the earth created God flesh, and into it he breathed the breath of life, with an inbreathing therein. And therefore when the flesh shall hinder the service of God it ought to be spurned like clay and trampled on, forasmuch as he that hateth his soul in this world shall keep it in life eternal.
'What the flesh is at this present its desires make manifest -that it is a harsh enemy of all good: for it alone desireth sin.

'Ought then man for the sake of satisfying one of his enemies to leave off pleasing God, his creator? Consider ye this. All the saints and prophets have been enemies of their flesh for service of God: wherefore readily and with gladness they went to their death, so as not to offend against the law of God given by Moses his servant, and go and serve the false and lying gods.
'Remember Elijah, who fled through desert places of the mountains, eating only grass, clad in goats' skin. Ah, how many days he supped not! Ah, how much cold he endured! Ah, how many showers drenched him, and [that] for the space of seven years, wherein endured that fierce persecution of the unclean Jezebel!

Remember Elisha, who ate barley-bread, and wore the Coarsest raiment. Verily I say unto you that they, not fearing to spurn the flesh, were feared with great terror by the king and princes. This should suffice for the spurning of the flesh, O men. But if ye will gaze at the sepulchres, ye shall know what the flesh is.'

Blessed be the holy name of God, who with mercy looked upon his creatures, and therefore sent them his holy prophets, that they might walk in truth and righteousness before him; who delivered his servants from every evil, and gave them this land, as he promised to our father Abraham and to his son for ever. Then by his servant Moses he gave us his holy law, that Satan should not deceive us: and he exalted us above all other peoples.

Jesus follows the Law of Moses as are clear in his teachings, it's only after his death that Moses Law was disregarded and made obsolete, the Sabbath, circumcision and eating of unclean meat.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I seen in one of those passages it mentions a pig as a vessel. Man is also a vessel for a soul. Women are vessels for a soul. Could it be that swine are carrying the souls of people who lived lives of greed? A reincarnated Dick Cheyne maybe? What if there is a war going on between heaven n hell and those demons who lost in battle are cast into those pigs? It brings up many questions.

I will mention that I am a Christian who does not eat pork. There is a reason why but I will not go into that right now. Trust me when I say there is more to this.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Unfortunately the words you quote as if spoken by Jesus are not taken from the New Testament. They hold no weight for Christians whatsoever.

If you sincerely wish to understand the Christian position, please only use Christ's words as found in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
when Y'Shua died at Calvary he took the 'law' with him..the whole landscape changed with his death..he was the final lamb to be slaughtered. From then on, t5he way to heaven was through Him..only....hope that helps

in other words people...the test is no longer through the Law but through Faith.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by GodMode]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure who made it lawful for christians to eat pork, but i will say pigs are cleaner than chickens.....
Rule of the barnyard.. pigs eat cow poop.. chickens eat pig poop and nothing except insects eat chicken poop think about that.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What was a flock of swine doing in Judea, where nobody ate pork?

And was Jesus being Godly towards the owner of the flock, by running his capital assets over a cliff?

They were wild pigs .. excuse me, a pack of wild pigs. It is in the text, and there is no shephard or owner character in this story. Also, they were not in Judea, but in the West Bank of the Jordan, and this is where he encountered the man possessed by Legion. He was a wild man, who lived in caves and ate raw meats and so forth .. this is how he was described. The locals were fearful of him. He immediately ran down to Jesus when he saw him, and was healed by him.

Then, this is where the convo between Legion and Jesus takes place. They say, no don't cast us out! For surely we will die! Please, cast us into the pigs. Jesus obliges, it is right there in the text, and on the West Bank of the Jordan, you are officially in Ammonite land, ever wonder why the Capital of Jordan is Amman? Because in the ancient day, Jordanians were known as Ammonites. To the immediate south of them were the Hyksos shephards, and further below them were the cities of the plain; ie Sodom and Gomorrah, and three other cities. These were down by the Red Sea coast, on the Arabian/Jordanian side. Yes they had been long destroyed before Jesus was born! That is where they were..

Ammonites were not Hebrews and ate pork. This is why there were pigs present.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hate all religious doctrines. Just to clear that up before I start. On the other hand, "know thy enemy". And I do.

To answer the topic briefly :

The general consensus with christians is that the new testament replaced the first, in matter of law. Therefore, in theory, the laws of the old testament were invalidated by the sacrifice of jesus, who was sentenced to the cross BY followers of the old testament, Israels official clergy at the time, the Pharasies and the Saducees.

So, in theory, pig is cool.

But this does raise (in my sense) one of the most important questions about christianity. God allmighty and allknowing DOES like to change his mind a lot. The transition from the god of wrath in the old testament, who spends his time smiting people and inventing facist laws (like the lapidation of alcoholics), to the god of love of the new testament is kind of prickly.

Because if you are christian, allthough the guidelines have changed from old to new, you still worship the same god. The one who condemned magicians, pagans, fornicaters, adulterers and lazy people (yes it's in the book of leviticus !) to death. So either GOD WAS WRONG, in which case the godly perfect part is kind of screwed, or the old testament was wrong, in which case the whole basis of christianity, namely divine creation, is screwed.

I rest my case.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Ismail]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
At the same time - I don't care one way or the other if anybody (including myself) takes it literal to eating pork. What I find ludicrous - both of Judeaism and Islam is that they believe their connection to their spirituality is so tenuous that a slice of bacon can throw it off. I guess the Jewish/Muslim God connection is chemical. o_O

Well .. let me attempt to explain.

In the ancient days, there were diseases that were transferred via the pig, contrary to popular belief, it is not because pigs are dirty animals that hebrews decided not to eat them. In fact, they should be able to according to Leviticus. It says there, you may eat only hooved animals, animals without hooves are not kosher. Pigs have hooves just like Horses and Cows. So clearly there was a health issue involved. If you research the seemingly ridiculous laws of the day in Leviticus, you will see that many had a modern, scientific explanation. Alot of it was to keep the body clean inside and out, to keep infections and diseases away, and to stop the transfer of diseases via bodily fluids etc. This is why they were so anal about purification and cleaning yourself before and after every damn thing you can think of. This is why the man cannot sleep with his wife until 8 days since the last day of her period, the menstrual cycle. This is because they believed the blood came from something which was "opened" to allow the blood, the period to come out, the old egg. But they didnt know all that, they just looked at it like an open wound. Would you go sticking your penis into a bleeding, open wound, and have sex with it? Do you think that's very healthy, and do you think that you could catch illness as well as your victim? So are you beginning to understand why they made all of these seemingly silly laws? Some of them I cannot explain and just plain make no sense, not even in a modern context of science.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think we need to clear up something.

the God of the Bible and the god of the koran are not the same being.

First, the god of the koran has no son. The God of the Bible has one son and his name is Jesus Christ or Yeshua HaMashiach.

Second, the god of the koran cannot be known. The God of the Bible has gone to great lengths to make sure that we can know Him.

the god of the koran does not forgive sin. The God of the Bible accepts our earnest request for forgiveness with a complete forgetfullness that we cannot even comprehend.

the god of the koran says to subdue by the sword. The God of the Bible says to love your neighbor as you love yourself (OT not withstanding as God's plan for Israel is not His plan for the Church of Christ).

one does not equal the other. In any way, shape or form. To try and equate allah to El Elyon is rediculous in the extreme and blasphemy (which will be forgiven if you just ask).

The rules of Islam will soon be the rules that you'll have to live by. I hope that then you'll understand what an easy burden Christ asked you to carry.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Because if you are christian, allthough the guidelines have changed from old to new, you still worship the same god. The one who condemned magicians, pagans, fornicaters, adulterers and lazy people (yes it's in the book of leviticus !) to death. So either GOD WAS WRONG, in which case the godly perfect part is kind of screwed, or the old testament was wrong, in which case the whole basis of christianity, namely divine creation, is screwed.

Leviticus was an ancient set of laws for the people of Israel to keep themselves clean and prosperous. Many of the laws, particularly the dietary laws, the laws regarding bathing and cleaning oneself before/after just about any activity, the laws regarding time between married couples being able to fornicate, the laws behind this and more were all put into place to keep the people healthy and prosperous. To cut down on illness and disease, and the spreading of it. Therefore, they'd only eat things which they knew they would not get sick from. Pork is one of those meats that has to be cooked extremely well and is known to carry many bacteria strains that can cause serious illness if not properly cooked. This is even more so than beef.

In fact, considering they had all these dietary laws and health related laws that seem silly to us, it almost lends credibility to the claims that Angels, God, and/or ET's were indeed visiting certain humans in the ancient times, bestowing upon them knowledge of things they could not hope to know otherwise. The book of Leviticus when explained, law by law, by a scientist or doctor, will read like a guide to healthy living in the 1st Millenium B.C.

Modern Christians and even modern Jews do not have to follow all of these laws; they are not all mandatory, and some are disregarded and pushed aside due to their obvious ignorance.

Might I remind you Ismail, God did not write the Old Testament nor the New Testament. Human beings did who claimed to be divinely inspired. Now some must have been, in my opinion, but also .. some must have not been entirely correct. And I'm sure one or two may have been outright looney and made it up themself. So the Old/New Testaments, The Quran, and The Jewish texts like the Tanakh, Talmud, and Torah, cannot be relied upon solely as a basis for your particular religion. You have to be assertive; find out the truth for yourself, discard the stupid obviously incorrect stuff, take to heart the important, lessons learned type of stuff, and grow spiritually.

The only people who make a big deal about Leviticus are non-believers because they used it as an ammunition depot to fire on Christians and Jews during internet attacks/debates. This is because Leviticus is such a silly text when viewed with 21st century eyes; so silly that modern Christians and even modern Jews ignore at least a couple of the laws listed; there are 640 something in there. Jesus preached that we did not have to keep the laws of Leviticus; only the laws of Moses, The Ten Commandments. Therefore Christians can eat pork until they die from cholesterol related diseases all they'd like!

So why don't I? I gave it up a couple years back for Lent, a holiday where you give up something for 40 days/nights, to represent Jesus being alone in the wilderness for 40 days being tempted by Satan, or tested by God. But after that Easter, and the Lent was over, I just never picked it back up. I mean it tastes good and theres nothing wrong with it; I used to LOVE pepperoni pizza. But these days when I order a pizza, I get it with beef sausages .. and let me tell you, it is on point!

The rules of Islam will soon be the rules that you'll have to live by. I hope that then you'll understand what an easy burden Christ asked you to carry.

Over my lifeless, decapitated corpse! And the first few to come near me are catching a .223 NATO standard round, hopefully it'll give them memories of their home country as they lay dieing in a pool of their own blood. Of course after I take two of them out, the other 50 will continue to bum rush my residence, drag me out, and say convert or die. Then they'd chop my head off if I said no to them. And this is all perfectly normal, acceptable behavior according to the Quran. Infact, this is what the Quran says to do! And it shows examples of Prophet Mohammed personally beheading a fair number of captured Jewish-Arabian tribesmen.

If there were examples of Jesus and the 12 Disciples slaying every single priest in the Temple compound, then running amok through Jerusalem killing every Roman, Pharisee, or Sadducee priest that they came across, I very highly doubt that I'd be a Christian, nor would many others. It is because there are no examples of a Christ that kills when it is not necessary (thats called being cruel -- a personality trait of the divinely inspired prophet of Islam?), it is because Christ taught humility, being humble, turning the other cheek, and other pacifist techniques i cant think of that in my opinion show the best way to live through example of Jesus himself.

If Mohammed was alive at the same time Jesus was alive, and they were of similar age, I bet you that Mohammed would've had Jesus beheaded if he failed to convert to Islam, just like all the other Jews present in the town at the time of it being captured by Muslim forces under the command of Mohammed. In comparison, you cannot even picture Jesus leading an army into battle back then, much less executing prisoners afterward?! Come on .. Islam is violent and Islam will always have a terrorist element to it because it is built on this theme of violence being perfectly okay and sanctioned by God. By all means, please, go and kill those who are not Muslim, kill as many as you can, have no mercy on them. Every man you come across should he not be muslim must be afforded the chance to convert on the spot or be beheaded ON THE SPOT. Can you picture Jesus running a show like that? There's really no comparison between the two Prophets whatsoever.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Of course. There are really only 5 commandments, there's no need for an entire second stone tablet, you know.

1. If it's fun, "God" bans it.
2. If it makes you feel good, "God" bans it.
3. If it's natural, "God" bans it.
4. If it makes us smarter, "God" bans it.

and of course, the most important:

5. If it's freakin' delicious and cheap at the same time, "God" bans it.

Well, pig meat rocks and I'll eat it any day, and if "God" has a problem with that, he can "eat me."

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I used to LOVE pepperoni pizza. But these days when I order a pizza, I get it with beef sausages .. and let me tell you, it is on point!

I have to admit that I like pizza, and was eating combo pizzas, which is loaded with pork.
I quit eating pizza, though I always have a temptation while passing the freezer, in the store.
I quit walking past the freezer.
If I was forced to either eat pork or starve to death, I would eat the pork.
They did that to the prisoners in Gitmo.
I think they sued the government to stop that.
As a Christian I feel like if I am invited to be a guest at someone's house and they served me pork, I could feel OK eating it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

pause4thought,

What you actually read added to what was in the New Testament is the complete teaching of Jesus as written by his scribe and disciple Barnabas.
This text pre-dates the New Testament, and were the original teachings of Jesus as faithfully recounted by his disciple.

In this Gospel the teaching of Jesus is a re-affirmation of the teachings of Moses, he did not break any law of Moses but instead observed it.

Then answered John: "Master let us wash ourselves as God commanded by Moses." Jesus said: "Do you think that I have come to destroy the Law and the prophets? Truly I say to you, as God lives, I have not come to destroy it, but rather to observe it. For every prophet has observed the Law of God and all that God by the other prophets has spoken. As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, no one that breaks one least precept can be pleasing to God, but shall be least in the kingdom of God, for he shall have no part there. Moreover I say to you, that one syllable of the Law of God cannot be broken without the gravest sin. But I do you to wit that it is necessary to observe that which God says by Isaiah the prophet, with these words: "Wash you and be clean, take away your thoughts from my eyes. 'Truly I say to you, that all the water of the sea will not wash him who with his heart loves iniquities.

You said that the disciples of Jesus will not like this addition, but I say the contrary is true of his true followers...

Then said the disciples: "Truly God speaks in you, for never has man spoken as you speak." Jesus answered: "Believe me when God chose me to send me to the House of Israel, he gave me a book like to a clear mirror; which came down into my heart in such wise that all that I speak comes forth from that book. And when that book shall have finished coming forth from my mouth, I shall be taken up from the world." Peter answered: "O master, is that which you now speak written in that book?" Jesus replied: "All that I say for the knowledge of God and the service of God, for the knowledge of man and for the salvation of mankind all this comes forth from that book, which is my gospel;." Said Peter: "Is there written therein the glory of paradise?"

Jesus has foretold that his true teachings will be corrupted by Satan, but towards the end the truth will prevail and his true teachings will come out. But the truth will be a great test to his true followers... because through the righteous judgment of God, Jesus said that whoever shall not believe in the truth for their salvation will believe in the lie for their damnation.

After 2000 years the true teachings of Jesus has been renewed for you, eyes can err but faith never errs because it has for foundation the true words of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join