Who made eating pork and swine flesh lawful for Christians?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Shar,

May i ask why you don't eat pork? But your family does?

I know it taste good, but if it harms the health of your family will you still give it to them?

Just want to share some findings why eating pork is not healthy.

Eating pork is harmful to health in a great many regards. This harm still persists today, despite all the precautions that are taken. First and foremost, no matter how clean the farms and environments on which it is raised may be, the pig is not by nature a clean-living animal. It often plays in, and even eats, its own excrement. Due to this and its biological structure, the pig produces much higher levels of antibodies in its body than other animals. In addition, far higher levels of growth hormone are produced in the pig compared to those in other animals and human beings. Naturally, these high levels of antibodies and growth hormone pass across to and collect in the pig's muscle tissue. Pork meat also contains high levels of cholesterol and lipids (the rate of cholesterol is almost 15 times more than its rate in cows) . It has been scientifically proven that these significant amounts of antibodies, hormones, cholesterol and lipids in pork represent a serious threat to human health.

The existence of above-average numbers of obese individuals in the populations of countries such as the USA and Germany, in which large quantities of pork are consumed, is now well-known. When exposed to excessive quantities of growth hormone as a result of a pork-based diet, the human body first puts on excessive weight and then suffers physical deformations.

Another harmful substance in pork is the "trichina" worm. This is frequently found in pork and when it enters the human body, it settles directly in the muscles of the heart and represents a possibly fatal threat. Even though it is now technically possible to identify pigs that are infected with trichina, no such methods were known in earlier centuries. That means that everyone who ate pork risked infection by trichina and possible death.
Another disease is the "Tapeworm" which is transmitted from the pig to man’s intestines. It is a few meters long, and has about 22-32 hooks in the head, with which it clings to the intestine wall. The larva leaks into the stream of blood and settles in one of the body organs such as the heart, the liver or the eye, where it vesiculates. Settling in the brain, being its favourite place, the worm can cause epilepsy. This is the difference between the hazards of the tapeworm that is transmitted from the swine to man, and that which is transmitted from another beast such as the cow for example. The worm of the latter have no such grievous power to roam and travel with its larva in the human body to destroy it in a vicious violence.

All these reasons are just a part of the wisdom in our Lord's prohibition on the consumption of pork. Moreover, this commandment of our Lord's provides complete protection from the harmful effects of pork under any conditions.

Until the 20th century, it was impossible to be aware of the danger posed to human health by pork. The fact that the Quran, revealed fourteen centuries ago, warns against this harm which has been incontrovertibly revealed with modern medical equipment and biological tests, is one of the miracles demonstrating that the Quran is the revelation of Allah, the Omniscient. Despite all the precautionary measures and inspections that take place in modern-day pig rearing, the fact that pork is physiologically incompatible with the human body and is a variety of meat harmful to human health has not altered.

source :

Reflections on the Medical Miracles of the Holy Quran
Dr. Sharif Kaf Al Ghazal

for more info on foods prohibited by God to mankind:

www.islamicmedicine.org...

Peace!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

They traded with Romans and gentiles, so there would be herds of swine.
Google books
Don't you know the parable of the Prodigal Son?
wiki

Christians can eat whatever they want to or have to;
Mountainretreat.org

Hebrews 9:9-11

"Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;"

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Don't you know the parable of the Prodigal Son?

So the owner of the herd was a Roman or a Gentile?

Is that why it was okay for Jesus to rob him of his pigs?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Christians have embraced a religion that allows redemption for any act simply by asking for forgiveness.

Eat pork, I'm sorry Lord...

Now for the religiously inclined, the Muslims have declared a war against all infidels, whether you accept this idea or not, given a chance; you will be killed. Eating pork should be very low on your priority list right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Darkstorm,

Are you saying that Jesus dying on the Cross, make sinning against God by breaking the Law of Moses lawful? Did Jesus' death made Christian above the Law of God?

How will you explain Jesus' saying that he did not come to break the Law of Moses, if he made eating unclean meat lawful?

Peace!

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law, Once Jesus cames and died on the cross shedding his blood for the sins of mankind , there is no Law that can save you in the sight of God. There is only one way to salvation John 14:6

Many answers to questions come with conditions. Its OK to eat pork if,

1. Your eating does not offend anyone else. See 1 Cor. 8: 1-13

2. The pork you eat has not been offered to Idols.

3. It is received with thanksgiving. See 1Tim. 4: 4-5

4. You can eat it in faith, believing that what you are eating is sanctified by the word of God and by prayer. This would not only apply to pork, but anything else you might eat. In Mark 7: 14-23, Jesus explains, that it is not what enters into a man that defiles him, but rather, the things that come out off him.

Since we are saved by grace, following the Law of Moses is only adding conditions to our salvation that don't need to exist. If God's grace is sufficient, no extra laws should be held as a requirement for salvation.

"Romans 14 13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14 As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15 If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love.

also see, 1 Cor. 10;23

Disclaimer, I am not a christian nor a bible scholar :O)

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I know about the health of swine. I truly understand this and so does my family. We have all sat down and openly discussed these issues at hand with the Bible and I was on the side this is why God doesn’t want us to eat Swine. Because of the health risk of the swine.

Everyone in my family knows the risk and what the Bible says in both the Old and New Testaments. It’s truly their decisions. It’s between them and God. I cannot and will not ever come between that in no way.

If God convicts any of them they will know it. They don’t need me to tell them.

I grow up eating it. Sometime in my early 20’s I was reading and studying Gods word and I had an extremely strong conviction against it. I went for about 8 years where I didn’t even cook it. However, I have given in to my husbands request to cook it for him.

It’s him eating it not me. I don’t feel like God’s going to punish me for cooking it or them for eating it.

However, for me I still feel like He doesn’t want me too eat it.

Thank you though for your well thought out post and information.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Being_from_earth,

God alone knows why he forbade the eating of pork, but if it offends God to eat unclean meat, why should we willfully disobey God's commandments?

Wherefore Satan seeks not to bring to nothing fastings and prayer, alms and pilgrimages, no rather he incites unbelievers thereto, for he takes pleasure in seeing man work without receiving pay. But he takes pains with all diligence to bring faith to nought, wherefore faith ought especially to be guarded with diligence, and the safest course will be to abandon the "Wherefore," seeing that the "Wherefore" drove men out of Paradise and changed Satan from a most beautiful angel into a horrible devil."

Then said John: "Now, how shall we abandon the "Wherefore," seeing that it is the gate of knowledge?" Jesus answered: "No, rather the "Wherefore" is the gate of hell." Thereupon John kept silence, when Jesus added: "When you know that God has said a thing, who are you, O man, that you should say, "Wherefore have you so said, O God: wherefore have you so done?" Shall the earthen vessel, perhaps, say to its maker: "Wherefore have you made me to hold water and not to contain balsam?" Truly I say to you, it is necessary against every temptation to strengthen yourself with this word, saying "God has so said"; "So has God done"; "God so wills"; for so doing you shall live safely."

Peace!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Shar,

You're welcome. I have the same situation with my family. You've done your duty to remind your family, it's not for you to compel them to do something they don't want to do.

God willing they will learn to like more healthy foods.

Keep on doing God's will, God loves those who listen to His counsel and keep His precepts close to their heart.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

The demons pleaded with Him to be cast into the swine. Read the story.
Jesus is full of mercy!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The problem I find is this.
In that area at that time when Moses was supposedly told not to eat pigs.
The people didn't farm or eat pig.

So why would God tell Moses not to eat something, he already didn't?
My theory on this is as follows.
Later on much later after Moses.
There was great famines.And the royalty of the time, the leaders, who could do pretty much whatever they wanted in there little castle's and get away with it.
Wanted to have all the yummy bacon and pork chops to themselves, while the commoners ate beans.

So whats the best way to get all the pigs for yourself?
Tell the masses they are unclean.

You can go and research these facts for yourself....

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Well said. Pork is tasty. People like eating it. So religious fanatics, who hate people having any fun, must immediately ban it.

Hear me, ye sinners. Thou shalt not eat pork. Come to think of it, thou shalt not eat anything tasty. No, wait, come to think of it...

THOU SHALT NOT EAT!

Well said, Astyanax...mind if I add to that?

"Thou shalt have no fun whatsoever, and that includes sex!"
It never ceases to amaze me that people still believe in the book religions, which were most likely written by men directed by aliens acting like they were a God.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

hinky,

extremism exists in all religions not only Islam and I for one am against extremism.

A person who has surrendered his/her purpose to God and who follows the teachings of The Holy Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad are the true Muslims. A Muslim who acts contrary to the teachings of The Holy Qur'an and killing innocent people will be judged by God according to his actions on the Day of Judgment.

004.092 It is not for a believer to kill a believer unless (it be) by mistake. He who hath killed a believer by mistake must set free a believing slave, and pay the blood-money to the family of the slain, unless they remit it as a charity. If he (the victim) be of a people hostile unto you, and he is a believer, then (the penance is) to set free a believing slave. And if he cometh of a folk between whom and you there is a covenant, then the blood-money must be paid unto his folk and (also) a believing slave must be set free. And whoso hath not the wherewithal must fast two consecutive months. A penance from Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise.

004.093 Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is hell for ever. Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom.

004.094 O ye who believe! When ye go forth (to fight) in the way of Allah, be careful to discriminate, and say not unto one who offereth you peace: "Thou art not a believer," seeking the chance profits of this life (so that ye may despoil him). With Allah are plenteous spoils. Even thus (as he now is) were ye before; but Allah hath since then been gracious unto you. Therefore take care to discriminate. Allah is ever Informed of what ye do.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Christians have embraced a religion that allows redemption for any act simply by asking for forgiveness.

Eat pork, I'm sorry Lord...

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that you have to actually *be sorry* and then ask for forgiveness. If you aren't really sorry but say sorry to get off the hook then you are simply lying. So, I seriously doubt Christians would agree with you on that point.

But back to the topic... it is rare for Christians to follow the codes of Moses and I really don't understand why at all. I also do no understand why they do not go to church on Saturday, the traditional sabbath day.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This has something to do with Peters dream of all this food with pork involved with it.

Basically after the crucifixion, there was no need for sacrifice of animals, AND you could eat whatever you wanted.

Also for verification of this, look at Romans 14:14 and the surrounding verses.

For example, the following verses instruct us that nothing is unclean, but to be aware of those who believe it to be and understand their side, so as not to make what you feel to be clean, unclean in their eyes.

14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If "god" didn't want us to eat pigs then why did he make them so dang tasty! He's only got himself to blame, really.

For the record, I believe there may be a god. Why not. I'm very open minded. However, I find it ridiculous to think that he would want us to follow a bunch of ridiculous rules. Why would he want that
Wouldn't he want his "children" to think for themselves? Or does he want us to be mindless clones who do his bidding? If so, he's not something to be worshiped!

But hey, what do I know - I'm going to hell, right?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't think we should underestimate the fundamentally practical role of scripture - as well as its spiritual advice for our lives.

The idea that pork is unhealthy has been touched on - although I'm not sure that anyone who eats a bacon sandwich is at risk from worms necessarily. But I remember reading somewhere that it was ancient inability to preserve pork safely that prompted civilised leaders to encourage people not to eat it. It's not unusual for such practical concerns to be absorbed by religious texts in an effort to look after the people reading it.

But I think things have moved on a a bit since then! The bacon sandwich I had for breakfast this morning was lovely, and so far I'be had no ill effects...

LW

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaileyKat
If "god" didn't want us to eat pigs then why did he make them so dang tasty! He's only got himself to blame, really.

For the record, I believe there may be a god. Why not. I'm very open minded. However, I find it ridiculous to think that he would want us to follow a bunch of ridiculous rules. Why would he want that
Wouldn't he want his "children" to think for themselves? Or does he want us to be mindless clones who do his bidding? If so, he's not something to be worshiped!

But hey, what do I know - I'm going to hell, right?

I think your very close to an important bit of wisdom here.

It's not about pork, or 'forbidden' fruit, or anything like that at all.

It's about submission (al Islam). It's about respecting an authority and doing as you are commanded to do. I think the swine problem was probably traditional, and thus, in the name of protecting the tradition all sorts of rules were created.

If there is anything the semitic people are prone to, it's tradition. Is that good? Is it bad? I don't know. As time goes on the whole 'scripturally-based' good-evil thing begins to wobble like a house of cards. It may be the interpreters, the re-interpreters, or just the joker who transcribed the book. But I'm always told 'you can't doubt the book'.

I don't believe in two-dimensional infallibility. If someone published it, someone edited it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Pork was not eaten because of the worm found in it. The ancient times did not cook their meat fully. You have to cook pork and chicken fully before you eat it.
BTW, the Europeans ate pork and did not circumcise their boys. The early Christian church wanted to grow, so those two rules were thrown out.

PS pork is leaner than red meat.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's so interesting how people that don't believe in Christ can make all kinds of accusations and then Christians just defend themselves as if they are backed into a wall.

Look. Jesus put this to rest with his statement to his disciples.

And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, [it] cannot defile him; Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

So, if Christ himself says that it is what comes out of the man that corrupts him then what a man puts into his mouth isn't of a great concern.

Paul said that we ought not eat things sacrificed to idols but that seems to have been meant to discourage eating things that were causing some brothers to stumble. My faith isn't challenged by what you eat but I've met many who are. How sad.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It is mans law not gods. No where in the ten commandments does it say that thou shall not eat piggys. just like sunday church is a man made law.

I do find it interesting that there was knowledge of demons/germs way back then. people didnt know how to properly cook meat to certain temps killing parasites and bacteria. And the pig not sweating stores toxins in the flesh making them the worst of the offenders. If you kept seeing people get sick and such after eating unclean anaimals im sure youd write it down too.

Everyone is sooooo lost in translation, so stop and think whats right for you and others.

love ya

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join