It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waste C02 on Earth Savior for Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Apparently CO2 has become a large problem and we are trying to figure out what to do with it. What if we could use the gas and release large quantities onto Mars? Wouldn't that be exciting?

CO2 on Mars... Would give plants something to break down.
CO2 on Mars... Warm up the atmosphere by greenhouse gases
CO2 on Mars... Gets rid of excess CO2 on Earth

Sounds like a WIN WIN to me

What are the possibilities?

Edit to Edit... Cant count

[edit on 23-7-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
If we could store it and transport it in large volumes, well i sure as heck say 'thats a great idea!'.

Mars could do with a CO2 boost, and we could sure as hell use a CO2 dump!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You're right... if CO2 is our big problem here on Earth, why don't we do something about it. I doubt we could bottle enough CO2 to make it feasable to ship to Mars.

However, what if we bottled CO2 and used it to run vehicles, or something similar?

We do have the ability to fix this global warming situation, we just haven't done anything yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think it would be very easy to get enough CO2 on Mars I wonder if the displacement of the mass would hurt or benefit Earth however.

I found a few items on CO2 Powered Motors

www.dself.dsl.pipex.com...

video.aol.com...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQzOd2M8Wc

blacksheepsquadron.com...

Most of those are small engines that have to be compressed.

Edit to add:

A lot of the charachteristics are the same for air powered motors. The question though is how do you capture enough CO2 and bottle it up. I think that our governments agenda is to habitat mars... So why not use this as the backbone to processing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere into HABITAT FOR MARS Capsules

Edit to add:

I found this really interesting article about a ford plant being completely green and working on ford engines ( i thought they were CO2 based but they aren't but its cool what the article is saying)

www.greencarsite.co.uk...

[edit on 23-7-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Well, right now the main problem with compressed CO2 engines, is that we don't have an efficient enough way of compressing CO2. It just takes too much energy.

So, we need to find a better way to bottle Co2 at large pressures.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

They have made many advances with the new NANO technology and in fact they are using that technology for compressed AIR tanks and etc. The problem is explosion and what not. Devices to last long trips etc... I feel that we are on the verge of these discoveries. The real problem I wouldn't say is bottling it. The world has devised plants to store CO2 in the ground... if they could instead bottle it up or devise a chamber to store it and then devise a pumping system to compress it they would be alright. Instead of having the Nuclear Arsenal it would be the Carbon Dioxide Arsenal... I think that would create conspiracy theorys in itself.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well over 50 years ago my buds from ^ there told me we needed to plant trees ten fold for every tree we destroyed if we wanted to survive. I'm sure that ten fold now would be a hundred maybe even a thousand fold.

We didn't do this and this is all that needs to be done.. plant trees in mass, yes it is as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It takes 17 pounds of toxic Earth-killing perchlorate rocket fuel just to get 1 pound of payload into orbit.

Great idea guys - no wonder "Global Warming" failed you....

[edit on 24-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
It takes 17 pounds of toxic Earth-killing perchlorate rocket fuel just to get 1 pound of payload into orbit.

Great idea guys - no wonder "Global Warming" failed you....

That's an extremely negative tone to take towards the posters in this thread "TruthTellist". Perhaps there is a way to harvest it from the atmosphere and float it into space?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

There isn't "a way to harvest it from the atmosphere and float it into space?"

Earth is C02 deficient - so why are we doing this?

EDit: To say we could probably teleport it into space with a transporter in the future. like from startek. lol.

top topics

join