It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm having writers block-- ATS style.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I think I have run out of ideas of what to post about. I get an idea every now and then... but... lately... I just haven't had that many ideas. What do you do when you have writers block? How do you get out of it? I just fear that I'll eventually run out of ideas and I won't be able to make original topics on ATS because I wouldn't have any original thoughts to make a topic about. I can always contribute to existing threads... but I just don't find that to be as thrilling as making an original thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
That happens when you make too many threads. The solution is to get more interested in reading threads for awhile and not only posting.

After awhile, your zest will return.

Same thing has happened to me once in awhile.

If you have no ideas what to post about, thats a sure sign that its not the right time to make a thread, but to read some.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Are you missing any time ???

Is your tinfoil hat securely fixed to your head ???

Have you constructed a proper Faraday Cage around your computer area ???

Do you have any outward signs of government or alien implants in your head or body ???

Writer's block happens, but we can help...........

[edit on 23/7/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
See Frank, you're already coming out of your writers block just by writing about your writers block. Hmmm.

Anyway, I can always think of a couple of thread topics a day, but then I hear..."Mom?....." and poof, it's gone. Maybe if you think hard enough you can use some of the ones that I've lost. And I know, I should write them down, but the kids keep taking all the pens and paper.

Rush

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Usually I'll limit myself to reading and a sorta reflex like replying when that happens. Sometimes I'm feeling manic and just react to whatever hits my fancy. Sometimes I'll come up with ideas and then with all the attention span of a Ferret I'll leap at the keyboard only promptly to forget it. Frustrating I know, but I know that will pass.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think I'm out of the writers block that I was having. It's just that sometimes I am intimidated by the amount of intelligence here that all of the members here possess so I feel like I won't be able to participate. I'm really amazed by the knowledge that is out there on these boards and it's just sometimes I'm intimidated that the knowledge that I try to post will have already been discussed or thought of here. It's harder to come up with an original thought when you're intimidated by the boards here.

new topics

top topics

join