It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You heard global warming is a crock...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I have no problem with people who disagree with the politics of " global warming "...
However I think the people who do not believe in the negative effects of a carbon rich atmosphere based on political views is crazy. This issue is at its core a scientific one, however in recent years " global warming" has been transported into a realm that is emotional and unlogical...

Initially the forces at work against the concept of " global warming " were minions of the energy industry. Logically the implications of such science would side line the "current" possessors of power,money and influence. The data would likely promote new forms of energy which would likely lead to new industry, technology and competition.

There has been a recent movement to marginalize the science and the motives of scientists because some political forces champion industry exclusively.

Currently Global warming has been moved into the popular media political forum which is farthest from its scientific genesis.

"The powers that be" have now determined that every political issue needs a square and opposite argument.

Upon weighing this scientific construct now the individual is "asked" to determine ones own political affiliation .

For such a large portion of the masses to completely cast aside the validity of science represents the evolution of marketing.

We live in an era where the populace embraces that which they identify with above all else! Science and the collective wisdom of mankind is of no consequence!

These master marketers depend on instant gratification on the populace's behalf.

The "con" position hindges on ones need to witness layman level proof of the detriments of carbon emissions.

Once an observer see's that they are not on a boat in the middle of endless oceanic planet doubt is established...

A citizen only needs to tune a dial or watch the tube to be fed a conclusion that global warming is BS. The listeners favorite mouth piece speaks with fire and conviction and crys pinko evil liberal terrorists! Then the mouth peice spends one minute on "science" and the case is closed!

Next these listeners bring the issue out into public domain only spreads the same politicized arguement they were exposed to via the media. There is no scientific understanding needed if the issue is no longer scientific.

WELL Im at a loss...

Sadly the base of this issue has BECOME a financial/political one - detriment to future profits. etc... vs conservation + carbon taxes + technological advance etc ---...

It seems that half are convinced that they have the ultimate insight and perspective based on the motivations of the political "enemy".

However I see rarely see a basic understanding of the scientific here on ATS.

Unfortunately the earths ecology does not provide the instant gratification that we have become accustom to in modern times.

Is this the symptom of a larger disease???

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm at a loss; as to what your point is.

What exact;y are you trying to express to us? What ideas would you wish to convey?

Please take the time to rephrase your post as it is nonsensical. Be concise and direct with any questions or statements.

Perhaps that is why no one has bothered to respond. Your points just aren't clear enough.

I hope you learn from this.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

It seems that half are convinced that they have the ultimate insight and perspective based on the motivations of the political "enemy".

However I see rarely see a basic understanding of the scientific here on ATS.

Unfortunately the earths ecology does not provide the instant gratification that we have become accustom to in modern times.

Is this the symptom of a larger disease???

let me say that if you don't do anything, you'll be steamrollered into submission shortly thereafter. political motivation is more inteesting to the majority of people.

if you want to post about saturation, absorption spectral chances are you'll create one-post wonders. otoh, more specialized boards will not have much reach. ATS has it, to a degree.

scientifically speaking, GW / GC can't be disproven, because any (undesireable) weather pattern will be attributed to it. experiments are by nature precluded (duplicate Earth?) and computer models invariable rely on lots of 'parameters' and have a tendency to run into the available interval's edges (stone cold or scorching hot).

scale matters, any and everything will 'have an effect', how much is the question. CO2 = evil is a simplification and a dangerous one at that.

since retyping/pasting old posts wastes space i'll link a few:

A Call for Evidence Disproving Anthropogenic Global Warming

Greenland ice core analysis shows drastic climate change near end of last ice age

strictly for fun: www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS: blame SUVs anyway.

[edit on 2008.7.25 by Long Lance]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
I'm at a loss; as to what your point is.

What exact;y are you trying to express to us? What ideas would you wish to convey?

Please take the time to rephrase your post as it is nonsensical. Be concise and direct with any questions or statements.

Perhaps that is why no one has bothered to respond. Your points just aren't clear enough.

I hope you learn from this.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

Thanks truth tellest ... I was upset and rambling -- The point is I feel better even if the only response was from you and half way gutting...

new topics

top topics

join