It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How exactly do we win the war in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is going to be short because the title pretty much says it all. I'm just wondering if anybody has figured out exactly how we're supposed to win the Iraq war. What defines "win" in this one?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
we will win the war when all of Iraq
accepts the puppet government
Bush has installed.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You know that’s a bloody good question. Apparently in 2003 Bush said we won – what happened there? There’s no way of actually winning anymore, it’s all about pulling out of there and getting the troops home. The victory was finding Hussein I assume………..?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

We will win the war in Irag when we divest the interlocking directorates of the Fed and Bank of England and City of London and distribute the combined wealth of all the companies they own and direct, equally to the people of Iraq against whom we have sinned.

We would also do well to totally redistribute all the wealth in the U.S. equally to everyone in the U.S., and do well to totally redistribute the wealth of the entire world equally to everyone in the world.

That is what winning the war in Iraq, means -- total redistribution of private wealth, taking from the 1% that own 99% of everything, and redistributing it equally to the 99% of humanity from which it was stolen.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
"we" dont "win" anything.

just to ask the question shows that you arent seeing it in the proper light.

other than that, i have no answer for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Apparently the only way to "Win" is to win the hearts and minds of the people or iraq, and the rest of the world, or get them all killed. Which ever comes first.

It looks to me like the Iran involvement makes the latter option almost a sure thing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock

I don't think you're seeing me in the proper light.
I'm asking how somebody could define a win in Iraq, not how we could win.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well you have defited the Irak army,but not the people. That will never happend.

The goal was to get the Irak oil to sell in US dollars again. What the US is doing now is to try and keep it that way. Selling in US dollars.

To do so they need to build a goverment that has the power to keep it that way. Thats why the US now are buliding up a Irak goverment and a Irak army that will keep US intrests. The US wount leave until it has made this real.

If the US leav now they might have to go back to make a new change, because Irak is to unstabel and the goverment might loos a internal fight with its people. And the US intrest might be lost a second time.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious_Agnostic

Originally posted by Grock

I don't think you're seeing me in the proper light.
I'm asking how somebody could define a win in Iraq, not how we could win.

Sadly, what I said was what I believe the current operational definition is.
That's what you get when you leave it open-end. One of two extremes. A dialectic.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The way the US will define a win in Iraq is when there is a MacDonalds and Walmart in every town and city in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
A Win in Iraq is when the troops are withdrawn (not all forces just the combatants) then when the educational system is getting much needed attention and Iraquis participate more in the world Markets. Its all about Globalism.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
We win in Iraq when there is no more opposition to us forcing "freedom" and "Democracy" down their throats.

We win when we can find a replacement for Saddam that can make our politicians rich.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I don't think we can win this war in Iraq.

This is a religious war, which has gone on for centuries, and which will never stop.

Yes, we can decrease the violence, with the use of violence, but this is counter-intuitive.

I don't see any solutions, especially when IRAN is going to jump into the fray soon, and continue this religious war. Right now, we are dealing with bums using guerilla warfare. I don't want to go against a whole nation with nuclear power.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The War should of been won from the jump, Bush should of had a solid plan about getting in and out, well as we can see he didn't.

new topics

top topics

join