It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new car theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm posting this threat because I want to make a better day tomorrow. As you know the price of gas is getting higher, and people are getting worry. What I'm trying to do is something for our future.

I'm not an engineer or chemist. I would like to invent an energy free car. So I'm asking my friends from ATA or BTS to give me yours best opinions.
I will give you my invention.
I don't know if would work but here it goes. I think by creating a motor of xenon gas is going to be the way to run this engine.

How would it work?
Well I think by putting xenon gas in a copper tube in a circular path , I think by putting a powerful laser that will move the gas at a tremendous speed then release in a jet stream at the turbine blades.

The turbine engine is going to be assemble in a cone like turbine that it will help double the power of the endless stream of gas, that will be recycle into the engine.

I don't know if it would work, I don't have resource to investigate so I'm giving my idea for free. I hope you to list me as the original inventor.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Interesting Idea.
However, I think that the addition of a "powerful laser" will detract from this being able to create free energy.

The best example that I have seen, is a magnetic engine. Everything is there for this engine to work properly, without the addition of extra electricity.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Yep. Magnets. I've been carrying a design for a free energy magnet motor in my head for years now. Today I came across a large library of folks on Youtube, who are much further along the creation process than myself (although I didn't see anyone with my precise design - though that may be because it won't work - we'll see). There are a couple of designs I saw that look very promising - including one nearing production in Australia. Free Energy via Magnets is exciting stuff. may we will it into being - sure would make the craziness in dubai seem more reasonable (i.e. oil value will plummet if a functional magnet design ever made it to production) Gotta get off oil revenue dependence. So built the most grandiose tourist destination in the world - put vegas to shame!
-v

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
But you might be better off in something other than the aviation forum

How would you power the laser?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The problem with lasers is getting out more energy than is put in. I think at this point this closest thing we have to that is this... It will be the largest laser ever devised, however scientists are going to use a sophisticated process involving a gold pellet to hope to discover a new form of nuclear fusion which will, then, create more energy than is being put into the system. But noone knows what will happen at this point.

lasers.llnl.gov...

discovermagazine.com...

The big problem with devising a new form of propelling vehicles is obviously phasing them in after the new technology is finally available to the public.. People currently have SUV's, full-size trucks, etc.. and they have invested alot of money in these vehicles. So, the problem isn't just finding an alternative to gasoline, the problem is also phasing in that technology and making it so that there can be fair competition in the market between that same new technology and the big oil companies..

Until any vehicle-based energy alternative can take a foot-hold in the market, any company selling this new technology is going to find itself steamrolled by the oil companies. Therefore, our government leaders are going to have to figure out a way to ensure fair competition so that these new companies don't go under as soon as they begin..

But if gas prices are high enough, people are going to be willing to make that investment and any company that develops and sells such technology is obviously going to be rich and prosperous. That is critical to a healthy economy..

I also think we need to keep the manufacturing of any such vehicles right here in the U.S. and as long as such vehicle manufacturing companies are making huge profits from such new technology it will show to all the other companies that there truly is room here for some form of free market prosperity involved with alternative energy.. Not just the hype and the public support these companies currently get by dumping money into alternative energy R&D, while they continue to raise oil prices and fail to discover any kind of long-term solution that rids us of oil altogether.

It's my view that in the past any alternative to gasoline was probably squashed by the thumbs of the big oil companies who felt threatened. But now, the same big oil companies have no choice but to actually conduct such R&D themselves or be ridiculed. Only now we are up against the wall and are more in need of an alternative than we ever have been in the past.

IMO, any idea is better than nothing. We are going to have to rely on innovation to get through this in the long-term scheme of things regardless of who develops the technology. And it isn't just about getting off of oil and relying on other countries for our energy needs. It is also about being self-sufficient as a country and keeping money right here in the U.S. if possible..

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
briefly, ok yea magnetic engine might be the future.
I also have an idea for a magnetic engine.
Using small electric magnets, that will turn of and on. Put positive magnets in one plate and negative magnets in another plate like a sandwich. It's going to be a total of six sandwich plates, in each plate there's going to be 50 magnets. The whole purpose of these magnet are to make one big piston effect, to make a complete turn. Each plate will be hooked to this chain, the up and down effect will move the chain and that will turn a bigger then normal "Fly Wheel" its going to be a delicate engine so putting the best metals it will be the best way.
so is going to be 50 magnets on 12 plates, so that will be a total of 600 magnets and all of this have to fit in a standard car, and I'm getting all this energy from a standard 24 volt battery, hmm maybe 8 batteries.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

great site blaster, I didn't know about this laser project. I hope it works.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
But you might be better off in something other than the aviation forum

How would you power the laser?

this engine is basically a generator/mechanical power/air power. Sort of like our engines that can produce mechanical power, electricy, air and water circulation. same thing with xenon engine, will have multi use operations.

Yes it can be use for aviation, may be into outer space.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
magines huh interesting concept
i'd imagine they have to be like rotary engines in way, and you would have to have some way of controlling the rpms. i cant see this being done with anything other than electro magnets and a starter motor running off a car battery to get the thing going and once its starts generating its own electricity the computer switches from the battery to the magine power and everything is basically electrically powered. i think that even if something like this took off you would still need grease and oil to keep the car lubricated and to minimize wear and tear on the moving parts.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Couple of things I want make sure, as you know xenon is a heavy gas, but non-toxic to us, xenon has more molecules then most gas, by using any thing that move the gas; like laser, electricy, magnets and last gravity. By using all of these people can create a powerful force. Unlike, power steam that needs heat to get that force to move, or gasoline needs an explosion to create a force or magnetic engine that needs positve and negative force to move.
I think that gas can be move by using a laser that goes in a circular motion, and electric spark that will also fallow the circular motion path, the speed of the gas will determine the force to move the turbine blades, then get the gas and recycle it again or use new gas.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I also have come with another theory, this is a down to earth one. I was think that electric car main draw back is reserve power, and that bis why we have those Hybrids, if electric power fells then use gas power. So I was thinking what would be another idea to have power and I remember that by putting a wind power generator on top of the car it will create a power supply.
Most people are thinking that it will look ugly having a wind mill on top the car but if you put a cover in wind power and make them small like at least 2 feet and have one entrance, and when the car move the wind power generator would produce electricy and charge the battery.
the only withdraw is that it need to move at at least 30mph or more, it will be great for a taxi or delivery vehicle that always move, but for people that move once a day it wont work that good.
that's all folks!!!

top topics

join