It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent War... Japan & Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Japan is a war criminal nation who has exploited colonizations a century ago but fails to regret its actions and only hides and distorts her past misdeeds.

As we started the new millenium Japan is wrongfully asserting its rights to a Korean island named Dokdo. However, even Japanese scholars acknowledge the fact that this practice is wrong in terms of historical material, effective rule, international custom. Japan is involved in territorial disputes not only with Korea over Dokdo but with China and Russia on Choaudo and the four northern islands respectively.

Korea is concerned with the Japanese government stipulating Dokdo as its own territory on distorted historical grounds, and with its right winged groups stirring up citizens for political use. It's disturbing to know that Japan may provoke whenever and wherever.
The reason why Japan is asserting its rights to Dokdo is certain, Japan has surreptitious intentions to utilize economic, diplomatic power of this Korean island. International society has to denounce these misdeeds by Japan. Furthermore, severe warnings and measures are necessary to prevent recurrence.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Interesting. This isn't something i've heard of before. i've got a few Japanese friends so I'd be interested to hear their take on it.

Here's a nice link I found with information about the Korean and Japanese claim to Dokdo:

The Territorial Claims over Dokdo

new topics

join