It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb?? Is this an Orb?? What's an Orb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i21.photobucket.com...

Taken a few weeks back, I'm the one who the orb is over. I do not know much about orbs, no other picture has the orb in it. I've seen other orb pictures and they look very similar...

I am a skeptic, 100%. I'm looking for opinions from anyone who knows more about orbs and digital cameras in case this is a common occurrence with digital cameras. No other picture had the "orb" and the lens was not dusted off, I saw my friend taking pictures before and after the "orb" picture and no "orb" seen in any picture.

Please feel free to scrutinize this photo all you can, want and/or need to. This is as legit as they come. I personally believe that it's a camera malfunction but having seen other pictures of "orbs" I wanted others opinions. Of course I smeared the faces of my friends, but that is it. If you don't believe that, oh well, nothing I can do for you. I swear on all that's sacred in my life that this is a legit photo. It may not be anything, probably not, I thought it was a dust spot, however, I wanted to get some other views on it. I can't figure it out.

Thanks for all your help in explaining this to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
That is a flash back of a partical of dust so close it might have been on the lens or even in the lens.

That however isn't what you should be conserned about. What you should be conserned about is the strange thing going on with the faces of the people. I seen something like that in a horror movie, and then everyone began to die!

Maybe it was the ring! Have you watched any crapy looking VHS tapes you found lately? I think it also happened in another movie.

What every...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Looks like a perfect circle or close to perfect.
It's appears to be throwing a shadow on the guys head.
Only thing I see that comes close is in the window.

Let's see what others think.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As a matter of fact I have seen some pretty crappy movies lately. I'll be on the look out for strange occurrences.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Thanks for the reply. That guy's head is mine, which is why I wanted to get some opinions about this. In another post on here I mentioned that all my life I have been a skeptic about the paranormal. I grew up in the mountains of NC, my father is a minister so I grew up in church parsonages, which for 15 years of my youth these parsonages were literally next to the church cemetery. I spent many a night as a kid and teenager playing in cemeteries (I know that sounds demented but it was harmless and never disrespectful). My friends and I would ask for "visitors" and would spend the night (many a night over the years) in the cemeteries and never once did we experience anything. I've grown callused to "scary" places having learned it's all a mindset. I even tried Ouija boards (of course we didn't know how to use it). Again nothing ever came from it except us being over imaginative kids. I've wanted to experience anything paranormal all my life and I have been very interested in the study of paranormal sciences (parapsychology and the like), this is the closest I've came and from my limited research it seems that orbs have been debunked. I still thinks it's strange. I love what you did to the picture and I never noticed the second "orb", over my wife none the less, funny.

Thanks for your time and opinion!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Your picture never would load for me, but this article should help you out. Most orbs are not paranormal, especially in a digital camera picture.

Orbs Debunked!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
[edit on 29-7-2009 by moonshinegrrl]

new topics

top topics

join