It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else voting for Nader?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have never voted for a third party candidate, but I will be voting for Nader this year. McCain the 100 year war dude and corporate owned candidate, the conservative, I would never consider voting for him.

Obama whom I just don't trust, I was going to vote for him at first because I am more of liberal than a conservative, but he has scared me with some of his ideas, plus I notice the corporate owned mainstream media seem to love him, that alone makes me suspicious of him.

I have decided to vote for Nader, he has worked for the American people and done more for them than the other two combined and then some. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has plans to vote for Nader?

[edit on 23-7-2008 by goose]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
McCain, knows how to follow and give misinformation.

Obama's nothing more than a hollow headed forced pageant smile.

Since Ron Paul, and Dennis Kucinich are no longer with us, I only have one choice.

Nader.

Laurie

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I like Nader and his ideas I don't know why I never voted for him before, I was just one of the sheeple voting for the democrat, basically trying to get what seemed to me to be the lesser of two evils in charge.

You know, I do know why I see things differently than before, I started looking at what the democrats and the republicans all were doing instead of just shaking my head at how terrible the republicans were. When I started looking I discovered they were both terrible, corrupted and owned by the corporations. LOL

Most everyone I have talked to have problems with both candidates, and are just tyring to vote for the lesser of the two evils, like I used to do, most people have not realized their one in the same.

Mainstream media has too much power in this country, they can give whatever candidate they choose more air time, instead of equal time. What has happened is that most of the sheeple just keep watching it and never even think about the fact that MM has narrowed their choices down to two candidates by not reporting hardly at all on the other candidates.

Of course the MM reports on the corporate owned candidate since the MM is owned by corporations. LOL

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I vote for Nader,,,

Is a vote wasted!

I'd say if you have something against the republicans you should vote for the demcrat. However if you have something against the demcrats you should vote for nader.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
yes, obama and mccain are the same. Polls show nader at 8-9% support which may give him a place on the debate stage.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My choice in the elections have always been Ron Paul. I was even going to make him my write in vote if I had too, however once he officially withdrew from the race I had to find another option.

McCain? Not in this lifetime.

Obama? He is just as bad as McCain. NO thanks.

Nader? I don't trust him one bit. I honestly believe Nader's sole purpose is to divide any votes that a third party candidate will get. It is my belief that in this election you will see more votes for a third party candidate than there has been in recent history. So by adding Nader to the mix, you divide up those third party candidate votes making them appear as a small percentile.

I am voting for Baldwin. In these times, I want a die hard Constitutionalist in office. I want someone who will restore the Bill Of Rights, The Constitution, Posse Comitatus and Habius Corpus. That is what I want. I dont want these laws to stay on the books so that someone else, some where down the line, can put them to use. Economy, Gas Prices, Energy, all of that is secondary to me. None of it matters as long as any President from here on out can declare martial law over any incident, suspend elections, throw me in prision without a trial, torture me, spy on me, call me an "enemy combatant", deny me my right of free speech, etc etc etc. Everything right now for me is secondary until I get my basic rights back.

Nader? No thank you. I'm picking Baldwin and I hope people look into the guy a bit more. Much like Ron Paul the media does not mention his name, yet the mention Nader? Not much, but he at least get mentioned. That doesn't make anyone else wonder?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I vote for Nader,,,

Is a vote wasted!

I'd say if you have something against the republicans you should vote for the demcrat. However if you have something against the demcrats you should vote for nader.

I submit that a vote for a Repulican or a Democrat is a vote wasted since they both have the same agenda!

This whole two party system is what has us in this mess to begin with! If you don't like the Republican then vote Democrate and visa versa... whats the point? These two parties have destroyed thsi country, why keep putting them in office? I say STOP THE MADNESS and STOP voting BOTH parties into the White House!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Who the heck is Baldwin? I know of Nader, Barr and McKinney is running but I have never heard of Baldwin. You got a website for this person?

I watch Free speech tv, Link tv, also PBS, read a lot of internet news sites and also the MM mostly for a laugh at how lame they are and I have yet to hear of this person.

This is why I believe they should have to give equal time to all candidates like France does.

I don't think Nader is actually intentionally acting to divide up the votes, I think he is sincere. I think any candidate that comes in third could be seen as doing this. But, also the republicans know that mostly it will be disenchanted democrats who will vote for him so they do donate money to his campaign hoping that he does divide up the vote.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by goose]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This whole two party system is what has us in this mess to begin with! If you don't like the Republican then vote Democrate and visa versa... whats the point? These two parties have destroyed thsi country, why keep putting them in office? I say STOP THE MADNESS and STOP voting BOTH parties into the White House!

Great you're bleading heart mini-volin songs not so touching as I've heard it all before. When it comes down to BEANS, a vote for the 3rd party is only throwing your vote away, you could have just stated home and waited to see if the Democrate or Republican won as it will never be the 3rd choice.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goose

Yes.
They are not talking about this on TV, but Obama Kicked Brzezinski out from being his foreign affairs adviser.
Brzezinski is Hawkish enough, but Obama has gone over to the neo-con side.
Brzezinski is not in favor of a big military buildup in Afghanistan.
It is apparent to me that Obama has decided to follow the biddings of the strings of power.
Nader is someone who actually care for people and has a long history of being helpful.
Nader is not someone who takes on the appearance of caring, just long enough to gain power.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Originally posted by MrWendal

Great you're bleading heart mini-volin songs not so touching as I've heard it all before. When it comes down to BEANS, a vote for the 3rd party is only throwing your vote away, you could have just stated home and waited to see if the Democrate or Republican won as it will never be the 3rd choice.

What bleeding heart song? The last person to hold ofice that was niether Democrat or Republican was George Washington. This country is a big mess and AGAIN we are forced to vote for the lesser of two evils. Newflash: THAT IS NO CHOICE AT ALL.

I think ANY third party candidate would be better than anyone from the Republican or Democratic parties. It would change the playing field and it would send a very strong message to this nations "leaders" that they are here to serve the WILL OF THE PEOPLE and not simply themselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
sorry...double post

[edit on 29-7-2008 by MrWendal]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ralph Nader doesn't brush his teeth. I can't vote for someone who promotes poor dental hygiene.

new topics

top topics

join