It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sue tobacoo company's for....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i noticed last 3 month's my smoke's have been going out soon as i put them down or did not puff on them.

i assumed they was damp.
kept smoking away.

well before i know it i went from smoking a half a pack a day ...
to 3 pack's a day in 3 month's time.

why because let me explain lol

the smoke's now have paper on them that go out if not puffed on constantly..to stop house fire's they say.
if say i drop it and fall asleep kinda deal.

so basically where i use to puff here and there..70% of the cigarette would burn up.

now after 3 month's i am addicted to beat all heck.
and smoke it to the filter..3 packs a day.

i know they don't force me to smoke....
but making a smoker puff his cig..every 10 second's or it goes out make's you seriously more addicted.
and a chain smoker.

now if i knew...this was why my smoke's was not staying lit.
id been like heck and probably quit smoking.

but i was not informed of this fire retardant cigarette till month's after ward's.

is anyone else noticing they smoke alot more than they did before the new paper on the smoke's?

because making a addictive cig..even more addicting..by forcing us to puff 24/7..just to keep it lit...should be against the law.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
All that we have to passively smoke with on a daily basis!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well here's a kicker.. If you don't like it quit..

The tobacco shouldn't be responsible for your stupidity if you wanna smoke something that is wasting your money.. You know this so either switch to something else or stop all together..

For the none smokers that say smoking is bad, here is a message for ya..

[color= Yellow]
Yes I am a smoker, and yes i know it is killing me, and yes I really don't care, and no I don't care that i am wasting money, and no don't tell me about how it will greatly improve my chances at life that i don't smoke. cause its boring and useless..

I like the fact that i kill 7 and a half mins of my life everytime i light up.. So if you people post, don't post on how this is killing us.. cause i am sure we are all aware that smoking kills most of us, just like the air you breathe or the water you drink or those drugs you take that your doctor says is ok and in reality they aren't.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Unlike the previous poster, who I guess is okay being chemically subdued, I think this change in cigarettes is a pretty low attack. I have to agree that making smokers continually smoke is an easy way for them to get people more addicted and make more money. We already know they add chemicals and ingredients to addict people. The newspaper addition would have to be beneficial to them, or else they wouldn't waste the money on it!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Well here's a kicker.. If you don't like it quit..

The tobacco shouldn't be responsible for your stupidity if you wanna smoke something that is wasting your money.. You know this so either switch to something else or stop all together..

For the none smokers that say smoking is bad, here is a message for ya..

Yes I am a smoker, and yes i know it is killing me, and yes I really don't care, and no I don't care that i am wasting money, and no don't tell me about how it will greatly improve my chances at life that i don't smoke. cause its boring and useless..

I like the fact that i kill 7 and a half mins of my life everytime i light up.. So if you people post, don't post on how this is killing us.. cause i am sure we are all aware that smoking kills most of us, just like the air you breathe or the water you drink or those drugs you take that your doctor says is ok and in reality they aren't.

you fail to see my point ..
it isn't about quitting. or not quitting.

it's the fact they made cig's more addictive.

btw... just cause you don't smoke give you the right's to say i can't.

i feel the same way about beer...yet they serve it in bar's people drive and kill..

but it's legal. for me to smoke and drink.

so it's illegal to make cigarette's more addicting.
it make's there profit's go sky high.

can beer or hard liquor add ingredient's to make it more addicting? no it's illegal

or a beer once you open you got 10 minute's to drink or it evaporates .
and they say it's going to stop beer spillage lol
no it would make allot of alcoholics is what it would do.

so why is it not illegal to make cigarettes we have to puff on every 5 second's or the go out illegal.
it make smoker's become chain smoker's.
and in turn more and more addicted.

remember a few year's back..joe camel..ad's saying ti cool to smoke..to get kid's to smoke..and be cool ect...
was illegal...

so how is adding stuff to our LEGAL to smoke...cigarette's..to get us even more addictive..not illegal?

before more non smoker's go to flaming......it's legal therefore i smoke...
until serving beer and liquor in bar's is banned ...

thank you for posting.
and stay on the point of the post.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
All that we have to passively smoke with on a daily basis!

Hmmm I'd probably be more worried about car fumes you inhale on a daily basis than smokers smoke!

To the OP I can't say I've noticed any difference in the burn out time on my cigarettes, they seem to be exactly as they were 4 years ago always burning out if I leave them

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am having the same problem, but instead of smoking more, I get mad when they burn out and just end up smoking half a cig at a time. When I want to smoke again, I smoke another half. I went from 1 pack a day to half a pack a day.

Thanks big tabacco

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am so tired of the typical sheeple responses to smokers.
Nicotine is more addictive than heroine. %85 of the cost is tax.
If they wanted people to stop smoking they would regulate it (available in pharmacy's with a prescription only).

The real criminals are the government for pushing this s#!T on the youth.
%99 of all smokers start before the age of 18.
Focus your blame where it belongs. And if you want a valid opinion do your research first and don't just repeat the same old incorrect rhetoric you have been programmed to repeat

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

well i started smoking when i was around 13
in my state i was legally able to buy them at that time.

of course now im grey headed and they still card me for smoke's.
non smoker's have it so we can't even smoke in public bar's where the non smoker's get drunk and drive home....

crazy times we live in lol

join