It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrational Night Fears?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Okay, so I don't get "night fears" too often. Actually, I don't remember any cases in which I might have had them in the past. This is why what happened to me last night was an unusual situation for myself.

I work nights, so I sleep during the day. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping (since it is light out), so I have to watch my caffeine intake. Yesterday I had only a tiny bit of caffeine at least 8 hours before I tried to sleep, so that was not a factor.

I laid down, and was able to fall asleep very quickly. But, I awoke, what seemed to be only a couple of minutes later, with this irrational fear of having people look down at me while naked. I felt very violated..... and naked.. but I was wearing clothes. I was wearing boxers, so this nakedness was all in my mind, I think.

The odd thing, is that I was unable to go back to sleep for at least five hours later. It seemed as if I was scared of something.....

Any suggestions, or similar experiences? I have no logical explanation for what seemed to be fear on my part.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Huh, very interesting. The only thing I can think of is that mabye when you fell asleep you had sometype of wierd dream and when you woke up you didnt remember the dream.

mabye the dream had something to do with being stared at in the nude?

I dont know but it might explain your temporary fear of being looked at in the nude.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I had the sensation that people were standing over me... it was very hard to explain... And I'm not quite sure that it was fear of being nude, but just a sheer wave of terror... unexplainable. But, a definite being watched feeling.

Nothing has ever happened to me to warrant this fear, and it did not continue once I woke up.

I really don't have nightmares, and I can very rarely remember my dreams at all. The unusual part of this experience is that not enough time had passed for me to really enter the dream state. When I woke up in a panic, I noticed that only 15 or 20 minutes had passed since I laid down. I thought dream state was impossible in this short period of time.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Dude, I would suggest you ntry to get back on normal time...I have had friends who were so screwed up from working nights they still talk about it years later..good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I wish I could get away from night shifts. Unfortunately I go to school during the days, and this is such an easy job. I actually get to study during my job, and take naps!

I have been working this job for at least 6months now, and the sleep problem has only happened in the last few weeks.

I'm starting Krav Maga classes soon, in hopes that it wears me out and I can sleep better!

I can usually fall asleep after 6 pm with no problems, but I have to wake up at 10:30pm, so that's not much sleep at all! As with my shift, I have no alternatives at the moment, school is my number one priority.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Fellow night worker here too (and former Krav student as well...), curious if we work at the same place

I have had a similar experience to what you are talking about, but I know that my experience was sleep paralasys. It causes some very terrifying experiences sometimes. Once, I was completely overwhelmed with the irrational fear that 2 people were standing at my bedroom door watching me, but I couldn't bring myself to look over at them. Another time I heard my door banging as if someone was holding the door knob and just trying to rip the door off of the hinges.

In both cases, I was trying to induce a Lucid Dream.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Very interesting idea of sleep paralysis.
I have never attempted to lucid dream. But, this is something I am going to attempt after my birthday (which is in less than 2 weeks). After my bday, I am going to stop all of what I perceive to be clouding behaviors, such as alcohol and other inebriants. I'm also going to attempt meditation and astral projection.

But, I have never tried any of the above.... I can't even really remember my dreams!

I work in the Hotel Business, so it is quite an easy job. Krav is going to be my bday present to myself, and hopefully that along with stopping certain behaviors will provide me with a rebirth of some sorts.... /shrug

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Well, I am not in the hotel industry so there goes that idea. Congratulations on starting Krav. It is a great system. Your timing is pretty funny though. I stopped working on Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, and Krav Maga BECAUSE I had my first child. The time demands of a newborn were too much for me to juggle.

If you have any questions or want any tips on any of the above topics, feel free to U2U me.

join