It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to you, impeachment will be heard Friday

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

First of all, your are the apitamy of whats wrong with this country, didnt your mother tell you 2 wrongs dont make a right, Just because someone else does it doesnt mean its right. What it means is the person that recognizes it needs to rise above it. Clearly something you dont agree with.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Since you are so keen on polls, did you bother to check that congress has a lower approval rate than Congress. Dennis is apart of Congress and it seems the public dislikes him more than they dislike the president. Hey heres an idea, impeach DK for wasting time and money of a goverment organization.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It may be late in the game for this but one real important fact is, It will send a message to the next person that comes to office. It will also get the publics attention and We may possibly See some criminal charges come down in time.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
GWB is a liar.....you dumbed downed sheep.....all people care about anymore is to be feed and entertained!!!!.....with most of us obesed and all we are concerned about is how "comfortable" with material possessions we all want to be.....any of you ever study history....that class you flunked in school.....Democracy's father was Alexander the "great"....a perverted homosexual...who layed with his mother and sister and everyone else...aren't you proud???....Rome's first goverment was democracy...you ignorant morons....
....yet we think we are so enlightend....people die everyday all over the world...and we still think our "little corner" is all that matters.....you will get what you deserve....as one of your "forefather's" of democracy so said" those that give up freedom for peace and safety,deserve neither peace nor safety"....read your history books if your not sure.....again your a bunch of dumbed downed sheep that will believe whatever your told.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Something I'd like to point out is how throughout the entire video, dennis has slits in his eyes for pupils. reptilian much?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm not even American I'm Canadian and man I had tears in my eyes. Thank you so much Mr. Kucinich bless you and your fight for truth.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm willing to go out on a limb here and just flat out say that nothing will come of this. It is far too late and too many complicitors to impeach Bush.

Everyone jumped on the war bandwagon after 911 and that includes everyone in congress.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
dennis has slits for eyes
anyone? why does dennis have reptile eyes?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I am a huge Dennis fan, the only candidate I actually donated money to knowing full well that he never had a chance. Bush is never going to get impeached or have to deal with any type of blame/punishment for anything he did while he is/was in office. Bush will have to deal with what is coming to him in the afterlife, it will be ugly.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
From some of the the replies I've read, some people think even though that its too late in the game to impeach Bush and his administration. So what you saying??? Even though his presidency is almost up we should still let him get away with all the things that he has gotten away with for almost the past 8 years?!?! Believe what you want but I believe it's about time someone within Congress has enough BALLS to question to the Senate everything that the Bush administration has done to hide the truth from the American public!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I'm not sure but I heard something along the lines that these hearings were in no way going to deal with impeachment and that there would be no vote on it. It would only be a hearing regarding allegations of said crimes and nothing more. Seems like the vote is already in. No impeachment.

Just hypothetically, Bush is a criminal. But they aren't going to recognize anything beyond that.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by Kryties

First of all, your are the apitamy of whats wrong with this country, didnt your mother tell you 2 wrongs dont make a right, Just because someone else does it doesnt mean its right. What it means is the person that recognizes it needs to rise above it. Clearly something you dont agree with.

Sorry to burst your little bubble but if you shift your eyes slightly to the left you will notice, just under my avatar, that I live in Australia

How does one "rise above" a tyrannical government? Happy thoughts and pretty flower petals will not bring them down Im afraid

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Alright, so now Dennis has had his chance to be the ring leader in a 3 ring political circus and had his 15 minutes of fame by pandering to the left-wing fringe. Since here at ATS we are all about holding our government accountable, or at least so many people claim, lets now start a petition for the impeachment of Dennis due to high crimes against the federal budget. His little political circus just cost us millions of dollars. While we're at it, lets citizens arrest him for the creation of utter political sophistry with the intent to deceive the American people.

I won't hold my breath
the left-wing fringe on ATS could care less about doing anything but creating a political circus.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich testifies before House Judiciary Committee for Bush impeachment 7-25-08

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

What in the world are you talking about?

Crimes against the federal budget?

Political 3-ring circus?

Please elaborate..

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

The point of impeachment is more symbollic. Its more "the american people dont stand for this"

just my 2 cents (which used to be a dollar before bush
)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Oh dear here we go again Dennis the Menace, pulling another stunt to keep himself elected, and the truly funny part about it the people in his district will buy it. I dont know why the idiots do but they continue to vote for this man even though he while he was running for President both times he left them unrepresented, he is powerless to do anything to help grow jobs in his district which by the way is quickly turning into a sewer.

This man is a whack job who from time to time has the right idea but never knows how to effectivly implement it, this man is the guy who wants to be the leader but not the ability and this particular waste of the taxpayers money proves it.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

In politics, what Dennis is doing is a widely known tactic called political grandstanding. It is used by politicians who for whatever reason need to pump up the base, usually - as is the case with Dennis - due to his failing political career and increasing irrelevance in national politics. Political grandstanding is the intentional creation of drama and political hostility by simply making things up and drawing artificial lines of controversy around something. This creates a media circus since the media loves this sort of drama, and thus the metaphor of Dennis being the ring leader of his own three ring political circus.

Grandstanding pumps up the base because it appeals to their anger/hatred - in this case, the media programmed hatred of Bush. But while it pumps up the base, its just a gesture and has no actual relevance or meaning.

By crimes against the federal budget I mean that impeachment is a expensive process. It costs millions of taxpayer dollars just to hold these hearings, not to mention the opportunity cost that our Congress people could be actually working on something else. Every time Dennis pulls this stunt, he costs taxpayers a huge chunk of money.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness

In politics, what Dennis is doing is a widely known tactic called political grandstanding. It is used by politicians who for whatever reason need to pump up the base, usually - as is the case with Dennis - due to his failing political career and increasing irrelevance in national politics. Political grandstanding is the intentional creation of drama and political hostility by simply making things up and drawing artificial lines of controversy around something. This creates a media circus since the media loves this sort of drama, and thus the metaphor of Dennis being the ring leader of his own three ring political circus.

Grandstanding pumps up the base because it appeals to their anger/hatred - in this case, the media programmed hatred of Bush. But while it pumps up the base, its just a gesture and has no actual relevance or meaning.

By crimes against the federal budget I mean that impeachment is a expensive process. It costs millions of taxpayer dollars just to hold these hearings, not to mention the opportunity cost that our Congress people could be actually working on something else. Every time Dennis pulls this stunt, he costs taxpayers a huge chunk of money.

I guess this is where you and i differ. I don't see this as a stunt, i see it as a lone voice of reason, trying to actually do something, ANYTHING, to help the people. Who the hell cares how much it costs to impeach this asshole?, it's a drop in the bucket, compared to the national debt he's created.

You sound as if you are a bush supporter. Are you? If so, do you disagree with anything he's done during his tenure in the white house?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I am not a Bush supporter. I am a libertarian, but unfortunately, ATS is so populated with the bush hating lunatic fringe and I spend so much time pointing out the propaganda, it may seem that way. Its not that I won't point out RNC propagandists, we just don't have them on ATS from what I've seen - this is DNC propaganda central.

I am against the creation of political drama in order to rally the lunatic fringe - any lunatic fringe - when it costs such lavish amounts of money. I would also prefer the Congress actually work on something that needs to be done, instead of taking part of utter political sophistry.

Bush has not created any national debt. Only the congress has the ability to spend us into debt. The Congress which has nothing better to do than to waste money on political grandstanding.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join