It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to you, impeachment will be heard Friday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im sorry you americans failed to see this great mans honesty and integrity, few people of his social status would have admited having seen a ufo let alone take on the government with all its implications...
Grow up and give the man the credit he deserves because he sure as hell earned it with sheer honesty, integrity and balls

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"anti-democratic" - Dennis Kucinich.

I want everyone to repeat after me... We are a Republic, NOT a Democracy.

?The republican is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the rights of mankind." - Thomas Jefferson

“We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of Democracy.” - Alexander Hamilton

"A Republic, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin, when asked by a woman while he was leaving the Constitutional Convention what kind of government they had given us.
"[the framers of the Constitution] intended our government should be a republic, which differs more widely from a democracy than a democracy from a despotism.” - Congressman Fisher Ames

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government.” - from the US Constitutitution

"I pledge allegiance, to the flag, of the United States of America. And to the Republic, for which it stands." - from the Pledge of Allegiance

“The honest and serious student of American history will recall that our Founding Fathers managed to write both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution without using the term ‘democracy’ even once. No part of any of the existing state Constitutions contains any reference to the word. [The men] who were most influential in the institution and formulation of our government refer to ‘democracy’ only to distinguish it sharply from the republican form of our American Constitutional system.” - Clarence Manion - Dean of Notre Dame Law School 1950's

Enough with the "democracy" bull#! I respect Dennis Kucinich and love what he is trying to do, but I don't understand why he (and many many others) continue to call our type of government a "democracy" or "democratic."

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It's about goddamn time.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

good deal...we need to remove all of the traitor scum in government...

then we need NESARA or something like it...
www.nesara.us...

much love to all beings of light and to those who want to be of light

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What incredible courage from this man, when so many of his peers just seem to want to look the other way and let Bush become a model for our future tyrants and emperors. There aren't a lot of people I can say I truly admire, but Kucinich is at the top of my list. His munchkin-like face belongs on Mt. Rushmore as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not such a ggod idea, do we really want Cheney to be the President?
We need to wait till the election is over and put both of them, on trial.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It sure has taken a long long time to get this impeachment going.

I started getting worried about whether Ill have a future when I realized you cant depend on what anybody says in the government.

Making up their own fables and excuses means no problem ever gets solved.

Whether our nation is a democracy or a republic we still have a constitution this bunch of people has trampled and they need to answer for what they have done.

sarc

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I hereby award Dennis Kucinich the highest honor in the history of the USA.
The Intergalactic Congressional Medal of Honor for bravery in the face
of a nation of corporate prostitutes and weak-hearted politicans.

Go Dennis!!
Be Bold and strong and help rid the USA of these anti-American perverts
whose selfishness has bankrupted America.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I sat down and wrote a big long response to those ppl who are for DK wasting congress's time and money. After having wrote it, I got to thinking, if they will come on here and spout out how much they admire the guy, a few little words I write wont change their minds because in my opinion. Once you get to the point where you think wasting Congress's time and taxpayers money for frivolous crap, I don't think there is hope. To think the million or plus dollars this is going to use up could have saved hundreds of thousands of Africans in need of plain ole clean water, could have prevent a few Americans from dying by providing them with the proper armor, could have done some good some where. DK is up for re-election, his numbers are waining, this little freakish sideshow will bolster his numbers for him to get re-elected. That's the type of man I want representing me, someone who trades is hate instead of finding ways to bring people up.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It has become annoyingly commonplace for republics, whether they are the United States or the State of Nevada, to be referred to as democracies, without regard to the meaning of the word or the implications it brings with it.

A republic is a government in which a restricted group of citizens form a political unit, usually under the auspice of a charter, which directs them to elect representatives who will govern the state. Republics, by their very nature, tend to be free polities, not because they are elected by the citizens of the polity, but because they are bound by charters, which limit the responsibilities and powers of the state. The fact that people vote for representatives has nothing to do with making anything free. The logical consistency and rationality of the charter, as well as the willingness of the people to live by it, is what keeps people free.

A democracy is government by the majority. There is still a restricted group of citizens in a democracy, but this group rules directly and personally runs the state. The group may delegate specific tasks to individuals, such as generalships and governorships, but there is no question that the ruling force in a democracy is not a charter (if there even is a charter), but the vote of the majority. Democracies are free only if the people know what freedom is and are consistent in their application of it. If they don't know this, or more appropriately, if a majority of the people don't know this, then a democracy could be just as tyrannical as the worst dictator (see Socrates' forced suicide by the Athenian democracy.)

a democracy will always become a tyranny, either by majority, or if the majority screw things up so badly and a tyrant seizes power from the ensuing chaos. The overriding characteristic of democracy is subjectivism and that is its fatal flaw. In other words, reason is irrelevant, whatever the majority wants, it gets and regardless of how unprincipled or objectionable it may be
www.capmag.com...

[edit on 23-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
The power lies in the people

LMF***AO...yeah, that's what we are supposed to think. If that statement was true, how did GWB get in office in the first place?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hasn't Kucinich tried this 38 times before (no exaggeration). Will this be the first time th media reports it?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
To think the million or plus dollars this is going to use up could have saved hundreds of thousands of Africans in need of plain ole clean water, could have prevent a few Americans from dying by providing them with the proper armor, could have done some good some where.

You actually believe that money will be spent on the homeless and needy? I also seem to remember reading a few articles, and watching Donald Rumsfeld fielding questions from American soldiers in Kuwait as to why they were being forced to find scrap metal to use as armour on their vehicles. Considering that money is supposedly available, why are they asking him?

DK is up for re-election, his numbers are waining, this little freakish sideshow will bolster his numbers for him to get re-elected. That's the type of man I want representing me, someone who trades is hate instead of finding ways to bring people up.

Are you referring to fearmongering? Something dear old daddy Bush and his son also seem to have mastered?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well if this fails the europeans will do the job when they are vacationing abroad--- I have never wanted headless men more...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think it's a watse of time or a smoke up the butt. How much time does Bush have left? Who will be taking the office if he is? The VP is a complete moron and nothing more than a paper weight.
Second is this president really calling the shots, or is the FBI CIA, and the like using him like a retarded puppet. i don't think the president really has power any more, it's more of the people in high not so public offices, and top secret locations. If the president wanted to see Area 51 whould thay really show it to him. " Plausable deniablility," what if he accidently leaks something, or worse blows the whole thing on his death bed. I think the president is nothing more than a pawn with a face, that is there for us to focus on rather than watching what they are doing. Like a magician.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited about this, folks. In fact, I would be outraged. All this amounts to is Nancy Pelosi throwing Kucinich and his supporters some table-scraps so they will shut up. You are being condescended to.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter nothing is going to happen. He's on his way out anyway. I hate king bush and his cohorts as much as anyone, but this is just a waste of time, they'll never impeach him. These politicians are gonna protect each others crooked asses unti the day they die. This is all just for show.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

ok well, what are Bush's latest approval ratings? aren't they in the 20% range.... i find it hard to believe this country is going to be "ripped apart for no reason" when just about everyone in America hates Bush and wants the man gone.

also doesn't this impeachment open up the opportunity for a legal hearing on his violations of national and international law? what im asking, is, isn't there a chance that if found guilty, he would also have to be hel responsible for the deaths of american troops etc???

if so, i want to the see the dumb son of a bitch rot in prison for the rest of his life. maybe even waterboarded a little bit before we throw the mask on him and drag his sorry ass out to the shooting squad.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What Impeachment....Who's getting Impeached. Forget about Impeachment, whoever talks about Impeaching Bush & Cheney for their Oil Brothel Bust, will be disappointed, because Pelosi and Gang concluded a back-door deal that says, Impeachment is a non existent commodity, when it comes to $$$.

If you are waiting for Impeachment.......Keep Waiting !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The way I look at it, all the tyranny and oppression this globalist government lays on the people is retarding our true potential. If every man sought to help his brothers learn to thrive then there would be plenty for all and there would be no need for domination. Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself, that sort of thing. You can help humanity grow and bring in a new renaissance or you can bury us with injustice. You can fund education or you can fund war. I think these people have picked their side. There is a lack of compassion in the current elite with a few exceptions like T Boone Pickens but most people are jaded and mercenary. Out for number one and let everyone else rot. It's not the way.

We live in 2008, we wield superscience the likes of which 50's sci-fi movies could only dream of. We have internet, the single greatest communication/education tool ever devised allowing for people to cooperate on great projects and collaborate with people across the world with diverse skills, our computers can translate everything and the language barriers are dropping. We can see more of the universe on every scale from the tiniest particles to the deepest parts of space than anyone on earth has ever seen. For thousands of years ancient astronomers wished for the powers we wield to learn about this existence. We understand as a modern culture that exploring and colonizing other worlds and exploring space is the true future of humanity. Bieng a space faring species is the next step. We need to get over our growing pains, evolve and overcome everything life throws at us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join