It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to you, impeachment will be heard Friday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
V for vengeance and J for justice.
Justice will be served. At the hand of a little slovak Clevelander.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

If the elite want a war with Iran, it is going to happen no matter who is president.

And this isn't directed at you, but I wish people would get off of this President vs Congress, Right vs Left, Republican vs Democrat crap. It is to divide us on the issues. Stop thinking it has any credibility.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Now, because I think that his actions are admirable does that make me a left wing sheeple? Or sherson?

You see, the one thing I think I would have respected most about your post would have been the fact that you didn't resort immediately to bashing people who like what this guy is doing.

First off, if what you say is true (and unfortunately I have a small feeling that it may be true to some extent yet I also believe that NOT everyone in Congress has been converted), then you didn't have to go about slamming people.

I happen to think of myself more as a straight down the middle with some wabble room kind of guy. I'm no sheeple at all as I try to research everything that I have seen or heard to the extent that my time allows. I have moved away from the right in the past few years as I have learned to question what I have been force fed about certain topics such as 'always trust your leaders' and 'Christianity is the only way into Heaven' and so on. Do I say that the government deserves no trust or that Christianity is wrong? Nope. Just saying that I have opened my mind up a bit and feel like I am more of a center liner.

I just wanted to make that clear. No sheep here and no left-wing nut.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

All I gotta say is every little bit helps.
Even though this won't do a lick of good directly, it'll get the American people to thinking and maybe our side of the story might get heard instead of the media pooping in a can and serving it to us.
However, the MSM will just turn out the same old crap, spewing lies and half truths and then having some psycho conspiracy theorist that none of us has ever even heard of tellng the world the "bush is actually a robot controled by reptillians from Canada" or some nonsense so it makes us look like nutters. Or they could get one of our respected folks on there (Ron Paul, Alex Jones, ect.) and bash them right and left and talk over them while they're trying to make a point, you know, the usual. I wish I could get on one of those shows, I'm pretty hardcore and once they started to spin me I'd call em' out and tell them what for, I can be a bull dog if I want.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

This is a political circus, and the left-wing fringe is being paraded about like a bunch of clowns for the amusement of the crowd.

This has nothing to do with opening your mind, and everything to do with suckering people into something that is never going to happen. That would be a sign of being gullible, not being open minded.

Its like a magician distracting you showing you pretty tricks that get you excited - while his accomplice is picking your pocket. But the trick is just so pretty, and you like it so much, you can't stand to be bothered about being robbed.

This wouldn't be surprising if this board were supposedly for the general public. But given the motto the irony is interesting. Of course it just goes to tell you when it comes to politics, ignorance has no bounds even among conspiracy theorists. This isn't everyone on ATS, just those who blindly follow the Bush bashing antics of Dennis and his ilk - if that is not you, then I am not referring to you

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

This is all about Bush being made to assume responsibility for the crap decisions and illegal activities he has dragged the US through.
I say string him up like he did to Saddam!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dennis will almost certainly get knowhere with this, although I like the cut of his jib.

This is not about, Republican versus Democrat, Left versus Right, Christian versus Muslim or even Black versus White.

This has everything to do with the "Haves and Have Nots", Rich versus poor, Oppressed versus the free, at that level of politics people like Dennis are few and far between and he will never win the war alone.

The power lies in the people, and it's that belief which has been trodden and stamped on as Capitalist greed spreads like a cancer through every culture on this planet, and if you resist they'll stamp on you as well.

Rant over...carry on.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is great.

reply to post by BlueTriangle

Politicians aren't above the law. They need to be held accountable for their actions, even if it is a few years late.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by Alien42]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What absolute and utter stupidity!!!!!!!!

Bush will be out of office very soon. No rational person believes in this Marshall Law crap. Instead of just letting this administration go away normally, Kucinich wants to start impeachment hearings that will tear the country apart for no reason? Need to buy a bridge anyone?

There is no way the hearings can even begin before he leaves office. This is just propaganda by the Democrats to help Obama and gloss over the fact that Congress has not done a damn thing since the last elections that they promised to do.

I'm often amazed at how little common sense people show as they let their emotions overrule their brains.

He will be heard by Congress and then the Democrats will pretend it has merit, but they won't do anything, their favorite pastime, because only a handful will be willing to proceed.

Don't worry, no matter who the next President is, everyone will hate them just as much as Bush for some reason, no matter what they do. Hating Presidents is the great American pastime.

As far as Kucinich, he is just worried about his next election and thinks this will help him personally.

The Republicans and Democrats, both failed us and will continue to do so as long as they can keep you distracted with garbage like this. How may of you are posting threads and yelling about the fully Democratically controlled Congress not having kept their campaign promises. Any of you? ...and you call others "sheep". Keep your eyes on the their hands as they continue this shell game. They are masters of deception.

Now it is the Republicans turn at bat. What next, Obama is a closet masturbater

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I signed this petition! Go Dennis!

I urge you all that are against this diabolical and devious monster in the Oval office to sign this petition and to contact your representatives in the legislative branch. It's up to you the American people to contact your Congress person and your Sennators and get the word out that we as a nation DEMAND! justice be served! We as a nation DEMAND! that these people be held accountable for their actions. We as a nation DEMAND! that this nightmare to our way of life end NOW! Tell your representatives what you think, tell them what to do. THEY WORK FOR YOU!

reply to post by Blaine91555

A president can in fact be impeached after he leaves office. This opens up a whole area of criminal prosecution that can be held against the president for his war crimes and his high crimes and misdemeanors. This can get George W. Bush thrown in jail. That is what happens beyond the impeachment process.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think it would be nice if all his assets were seized, until he could prove that they were all legaly obtained.
Just a thought

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
to be honest...im scared to call and vote on this.

what if bush make's it hard on us for voting to impeach him lol

it's possible ...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
when you look at the complete joke this administration has become and the things that were blatently done to this country right in front of our faces, with no apparent remorse, I have to ask the question, is there another agenda that is bigger than we are alowed to know? No doubt GWB will go down in history as the worst president in history. Vice pres. Cheney is downright scary with his evil ways, all this right in front of the public eye. There almost has to be a reason for all this. I can't imagine that it is just greed of money, or power. These people already have both. They had it before. I think Kusinich has some good ideas. But gun control is being able to hit your target multiple times. Flame away folks.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It would actually make more sense to impeach congress. Their approval ratings have never been lower. We're single digits here people.

They like to smack the president with things that they "voted for before they voted against." This surely is political grandstanding. It will go no where.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by only onus

Apathy is the death of democracy, If you do not let your voice be heard to your representitives, soemeone will. That someone may not have YOUR best interests in mind.

Seriously people, it is not a crime to write your representitives. It is your duity as citizens of this country to keep your elected officials in check. This countries problem is not the politicians that blantently do whatever they like and get away with it. It is the citizens of the country who let them get away with it that is the problem. Let your voice be heard. SHOUT I AM MAD AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Show these guys whos boss, YOU ARE!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

A president can in fact be impeached after he leaves office. This opens up a whole area of criminal prosecution that can be held against the president for his war crimes and his high crimes and misdemeanors. This can get George W. Bush thrown in jail. That is what happens beyond the impeachment process.

[edit on 7/23/2008 by whatukno]

Impeach on what grounds. That he went to war with a super-majority of Congress agreeing. Based on the fact he believed the intelligence from the Clinton Administration, United Nations and our Allies? Even those who say he lied, know for a fact he did not. He was simply incompetent and had incompetent intellegence passed down from Clinton. Remember him? He believed the same as Bush until it was no longer popular and then he started lying just like everyone else. Phony jerk.

He totally blew it as President and mishandled the war. Incompetence is not an impeachable offense. If it was Carter would have faced a firing squad. It will never happen and Kucinich knows it, so what is his point other than pandering for votes?

It will be fun to watch the game as it always is though
Nobody running this time is worth anything and look at this Congress of loser's who never do anything unless it lines their pockets or buys votes. Congress has done nothing! Perhaps we should be talking about impeaching the entire Congress. It would do more good.

The polls say 76% of Americans want the drilling opened up. Pelosi said no and won't allow a vote, making her a Dictator. Why not impeach her? She is defying the will of as many people as Bush is? Maybe impeach Gore retroactively for using his political influence to earn a 100 million from phony carbon credits?

We need to forget Bush and figure out how to get good people in government. By the way, what exactly has Kucinich done about the energy issue in the last few weeks. Is he demanding Pelosi allow a vote? Or, is he just another Partisan doing what Pelosi, Helms and Dean tell him to do?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'd love to see this happen however imo it won't.If it looks like they are getting to close Pelosi will throw a wrench in the works.There are far to few officals that
cast thier vote for the people of this country.Neither Democrats or Republicans give a rats as* what the people want or need.Obama voted to end your fourth amendment rights if McCain even voted on it he did to.McCain was neck deep in the keating five thing yet here we have him running for president.The rest of the world must be having a good laugh at the american people so ignorant that they can't even see what a con job our own government is running on us.The day that the american people wakeup and start putting these people on trial for treason is the day that they'll start to honor thier oaths to the constitution.I say look at thiier voting record and if they blatently voted against thier oath hang them.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

OH great you just went on my ignore list, not because you post crazy outlandish stories but for the plain fact your in favor of Congress wasting time and money on this when we all know, even you said yourself it was too late. Nothing is going to come of this except one more time I am going to have to bend over and take it for some crazy congressman who doesnt care about wasting time and money. This will cost taxpayers thousands of dollars for nothing. I want to personally thank all of you that think this is a good idea, maybe I can come to your house and eat dinner, or maybe I can just post my paypal account and you can send me money for food and gas since you have so much of it to waste. Lets get congress doing whats its supposed to do, let them spend time on writing bills that will help us and get America back on track, and get them away from this partisian bull#. One last thing Jhill76 you have just been put on my ignore list
Nola213 ignore. I cant believe ppl think its ok to waste Congress's time. Thats why our country is going to crap, instead of voting on use of ethanol or hybrid vehicles, or jessica's law or immigration, lets vote on some whacked out congressman's wasteful idea's. Its a ploy to get reelected for DK, his polls are down and he is afraid of loosing his spot in congress, with this little theatrical production he can get all his left loon friends to rally around him.
[edit on 23-7-2008 by alienj]

[edit on 23-7-2008 by alienj]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have two links to support Dennis J. Kucinich. One is to impeach Bush, and the other to impeach Cheney.

Don't know if they are legit, the Bush one (the first link), looks fairly legit. The second one seems more of Democratics riding Kucinchs' coat-tails to make themselves look like they're doing something.

impeachment.kucinich.us...

and...

www.democrats.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

what if bush make's it hard on us for voting to impeach him

Yeah he might try to instill a Patriot Act that chips away at our individual rights, and civil liberties...Oh wait

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join