It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone tones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Cell phone tones
Ok I listen to alot of radio. Is it just me or are they now using embedded generic cell tones, in commercials and even behind talk shows. I keep hearing them and think my phone is ringing. Other people have told me they hear them too. Sure gets your attention like the beep beep amco commercial...bil
I'm new so I don't how or where to post this

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would say Science & Technology would be a safe bet to put this into

Hope that helps

Wukky

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
thanks but i don't know how to move it. mod help?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
yes one of the forum moderators will be along shortly to move it into the appropreate forum. They are very helpful that way, you could also contact the staff directly by using the complaint/suggestion button in the MemCenter tab above.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It could stay here if you think it is a conspiracy to affect the mind though. An advertising/psychological ploy so to speak. Personally I haven't noticed them because I have been avoiding the mind control machine lately. And... I have to say, I feel better and more calm.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have not noticed that, but have noticed all the doorbells ringing in the cartoons my kid watches. THe reason I noticed it because my dogs bark at it. Its constant! Put some cartoons on for a day and count how many doorbells ring.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Thread can stay here if you want, because this Forum also involves psychological manipulation.

Or I can move it elsewhere. Let me know.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The doorbell on the cartoons get me too. But this is different, not like a regular phone ring in a tv show or movie. I guess most ATSers are hip enough to have there own special ring tone, a favorite song or? I use the preprogramed tones on my phone. When I hear something like soft music, it just pulls me away from what I'm doing. First I check my phone then I realize its the radio. So it does get me to listen to the comercial or talk host. I've been with friends and this tone plays, we look at each other and say is that your phone. I guess the solution would be to put a wild song on as my ring tone. Just wondering if others here have been affected by this...bil thanks for welcoming me

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have noticed this too just recently...and I remember thinking to myself "why would they use those tones in commercials". My guess is to get your attention. This seems to have just started recently.
And I hate that Dominos pizza doorbell....my dog always thinks its pizza time(he loves pizza)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The cell tones from the radio are still happening. Last week my wife and I were riding down a two lane highway. Not much traffic, just feilds of corn and turff.
We were listening to KLSX 97.1 Free FM Talk. My wife hears part of the tone is that your phone or mine? She goes through her purse, looks under the seat. Sure its not yours, she asked me. Its the radio babe listen. Umm she says. 5- 10 minutes there the tones are again. I look at my phone all clear. Now she is a bit mad, stop doing that its not funny. We sat in the car for a few at home. We listened closely, sure enough more than one sort of techno tune played. Under the DJs, the music and the commericals.
Its there I'm sure has been for at least a few months. I hope I get a break this time and it brings me good and wonderful things. Any ideas? Have you or a friend ever experanced something like it. bil...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I will tell you one weird thing that happened to me. I was listening ( pretty loud) to the radio while driving--windows down. I was inching up on a railroad track, and all of the sudden I hear a loud train whistle like the train is barreling down the tracks. I stopped immediately, because I didn't want the bar to come down and hit my car or get hit by a train.
While I was stopped I looked around quickly, and didn't see a train. The bar didn't come down, and I realized it was the radio that played that sound. It happened so quick. Just as I let my foot off the brake, the darn bar started coming down and I heard the real train whistle. I thought to myself, holy crap! What if they played that same train whistle on the radio till people get used to hearing it, and when the heard the real train whistle, they ignore it because they are used to hearing it over the radio. How weird is it that I just happened to be approaching railroad tracks when this train whistle is blared over the radio?

[edit on 25-8-2008 by virraszto]

new topics

top topics

join