It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love Remembers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This made me cry, but in a good way...

My wife heard about this and watched it, with tears in her eyes she brought it to me and I want to share it all with you...

Enjoy

Tissue anyone?

Semper

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes, that was a tear jerker for sure. I looked the story up on snopes, it appears to be legit (though it seems odd that the lion should have been about 5 years old but still has no real mane).

From Snopes:

Rendall and Berg flew with Christian to Nairobi, Kenya, where they met up with George Adamson, who helped the lion settle into living an independent life (and integrating into a pride with other lions) in Kenya's Kora Reserve. The video clip linked above shows scenes from the two men's final reunion with Christian several years later:

John Rendall and Ace Berg continued to make sporadic visits to Kenya, but mostly they followed Christian's adventures from afar.

Finally, in 1974, George Adamson wrote to say that the pride was self-sufficient. Christian was defending it. There was a litter of cubs. They were feeding themselves and rarely returned to camp.

The King's Road lion had finally adapted to the wild.

This was a bittersweet moment for all concerned. Rendall and Ace decided to travel to Kora one last time, in the hope of being able to say goodbye, though Adamson warned them that it would almost certainly be a wasted mission.

"Christian hasn't been here for nine months. We have no reason to think he's dead there have been no reports of lions poached or killed. But he may never come back," he said.

Rendall recalls, "We said: 'OK. We appreciate that, but we'll come anyway and see you.'"

They flew to Nairobi then took a small plane to the camp in Kora, where Adamson came out to meet them.

"Christian arrived last night, " he said simply. "He's here with his lionesses and his cubs. He's outside the camp on his favourite rock. He's waiting for you."

Adamson and his wife Joy often talked about the mysterious, apparently telepathic communication skills of lions particularly between lions and men.

Both believed that lions were possessed of a sixth sense and George was convinced that a scientific explanation would one day be found.

And here, it seemed, was the proof.

"Christian stared at us in a very intense way," says Rendall. "I knew his expressions and I could see he was interested. We called him and he stood up and started to walk towards us very slowly.

"Then, as if he had become convinced it was us, he ran towards us, threw himself on to us, knocked us over, knocked George over and hugged us, like he used to, with his paws on our shoulders.

"Everyone was crying. We were crying, George was crying, even the lion was nearly crying."

Unfortunately, that reunion was the last anyone saw of Christian, and fourteen years later, Christian's protector, George Adamson, was ambushed and killed by bandits. In his autobiography, Adamson wrote of Kenya: ''Promises of solitude, of wild animals in a profusion to delight the heart of Noah, and of the spice of danger, were always honored. Today, of these three, you are only likely to encounter the danger.''

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That has made my day, thanks for posting that up. I was a little conserned at first when a lion was runnig at him, but tis all good man !

Fox

new topics

join