It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Mayhem Signs Exclusive Deal with AboveTopsecret.com - Building the Company

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Media Mayhem Signs Exclusive Deal with AboveTopsecret.com - Building the Company\

www.newswiretoday.com

Abovetopsecret.com acts as a tremendous resource for Government projects and facilities, including the notorious Area 51 in Nevada, as well as "Alien-related laws", government contractors, agencies and aircraft projects, such as the famous Aurora hypersonic spy plane.

“This type of niche along with the rest of the MMC sci-fi network appeals to the most dedicated of Sci-Fi fans allowing advertisers to drill deeper and better target their audience,” says Media Mayhem V.P. Eric Willis.

“With the addition of ATS to our science fiction roster it boosts our credibility even further in a hard to reach niche vertical. We are extremely encouraged by the results we have seen over the last two years with similar sites in our network and we see big things happening on the horizon as MMC reaches over 40 million unique visitors a month. Our goal is to have Abovetopsecret.com not be a secret to the hundreds of millions that consider themselves Sci-Fi junkies and to get the truth out there for our clients.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-7-2008 by nahsik]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wow I like how ATS is now expanding through integration with such companies as Media Mayhem

www.newswiretoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think we have a record breaker for most stars and flags without a reply...

Has ATS sold out? I think it is great that more people will now get the opportunity to see what is 'really going on' in the world.

The article give ATS a great rap.

About AboveTopSecret.com
It's simply not possible to conduct an Internet search on conspiracy theory topics without encountering the leader, ATS.
Notable members and contributors have included the likes of Stanton Friedman, NASA mission commanders, USGS senior scientists, authors, and even presidential candidates. The ATS Website has been seen in the "bull pen" of news rooms, sourced on MSNBC, discussed on PBS, shown on CNN, quoted on the History Channel, and is linked to by over 10,000 different Web sites. The "Gold Standard" of ATS discussions have helped to alter NASA procedures, influenced political candidates, aided law enforcement, and exposed harmful cults.

Looks like Skunk works is about to get overloaded.

Our goal is to have Abovetopsecret.com not be a secret to the hundreds of millions that consider themselves Sci-Fi junkies and to get the truth out there for our clients.”

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
money money money money......money.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think growing larger as a community is necessary. Sure these boards provide us with conspiracy theories, but behind all this information there are some unsettling facts and the larger picture of our society. We need to get this information out for more people to read and notice.

We have to expect and accept that people will join these boards to supply disinfo. But if the moderators are there working their stuff then we have nothing to worry about.

I don't think ATS has sold-out if they are working with another organisation that are on similar terms with them.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I liked this quote:

Our goal is to have Abovetopsecret.com not be a secret to the hundreds of millions that consider themselves Sci-Fi junkies and to get the truth out there for our clients.

This could even bring in ALOT more members. It can go both ways a lot more intellectual discussions or a lot more Hoaxes.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My opinion is that ATS is the first of it's sort to provide a realistic venue for the discussion of what we talk about...the questioning of the classic media and a real source of interactive media.

I am a firm believer that Bush lost a lot of faith primarily because of the internet.

We can discuss the media reports and provide valid analysis of what the mainstream media is told to report.

We are not a biased source, precisely because we want all perspectives chiming in on their opinions regarding what is being done behind our backs on a political front.

In my opinion, the lies that the current administration has thus far gotten away with are not going to fly in the future.

We are here. We are the internet. Non-interactive media is now obsolete.

The internet has the potential to level the playing field...let's not waste such a grand oppurtunity.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey SO or Springer, just let me know when you guys are taking ATS public, I want be there for the IPO.

In all seriousness.... I feel bad for the MODS!!

To the member that ask if ATS has sold out, I personally dont think so, ATS is becoming a site within a site if you get my drift. You see people that only go or spend the majority of their time in BTS, or many people that comes here only for UFO related topics or 9/11 what have you.

I like what they big boys are doing with these site...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I guess ATS just outsourced a marketing firm at the end of the day. It would be kinda stupid if ATS did 'sell out'. But hey if we can turn skeptics to believers I think we've done a great job!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I second this!

Wow Were going to be Famous! MAKE-UP oh where is the MAKE-UP!!!!

j/k

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you there MemoryShock. While this admin has gotten away with some stuff, not fair to place blame just on this current administration.

The Clinton administration sold dozens of sensitive illegal military techs to China through Laurel Space Corp. and Hughes Electronics. For example, The previous adminsitrations all made sure these restrictions were in place. Clinton had these export controls removed by transferring oversite of sensitive military techs to the Justice Dept. from the State Dept. It allowed China to gain enormous gains in technological knowhow, along with missle guidance chips, super computers, nuclear design docs (Los Alamos), jamming equpment, satelltie encryption techs and a helluva alot more to boot. All this for donations from China, Laurel Space Corp. and Hughes Electronics, all of which funded his 1996 campaign heavily.

The State Dept. went after Laurel Space Corp. and Hughes Electronics, both had to pay stiff fines. Laurel went bankrupt afterwards.

The State Dept. later filed 121 counts of illegal tech transfers by the Clinton admin to China after he left office.

The people are also getting the truth about the future candidates, namely Obama, and this is why the media is having a hard time countering "Blogsphere".

I find faith in the info the Internet provides, because is mostly not censored, as it shoud be, hence the truth comes out eventually.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

“With the addition of ATS to our science fiction roster it boosts our credibility even further”

(forgive my honesty, please)

So, ATS has been added to another company's 'fiction' roster. How about a statement from the site owners about how that boost the site's credibility, or the credibility of the user-generated content here? Or did you just forget to negotiate for joint review of press releases?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I may not have been as expressive in my point...the reason why Bush's administration has encountered such a huge detriment in approval rating is in part due to the proliferation of communication.

We no longer have a need to rely on TV and newspapers...we have other sources and the stuff that wasn't reported by Big Media in the past has found a home to be expressed.

Look up Dyncorp in relation to Clinton....holy mother.

I am not arguing administration vs administration...I am arguing all and stipulating that we as an internet source have trashed the 'political press releases' that in the past could only be taken at face value, regionally.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I'm not an owner, but when it says we've been added to the science fiction roster, it means that we appeal to a science fiction advertiser's demographic.

Like if you were making a movie about a UFO invasion - this might be a good place to advertise.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I am arguing all and stipulating that we as an internet source have trashed the 'political press releases' that in the past could only be taken at face value, regionally.

Good point, and likewise, a good source for combatting the biased BS the media often does report as well.

Let's hope the Media or government for that matter, never gets control of ATS to censor information. For example, Google is payed to censor info for China. Let's hope ATS never resigns to that, no matter how much money is being offered.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I'm aware of that, but doesn't this press release justify the descriptive tag line: "AboveTopSecret.com, an 'alternative topic' site catering to science-fiction fans, recently alleged... blah blah blah."?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I'm a firm believer that 10 different people will read the exact same thing and come up with 10 different interpretations.

I see it as abovetopsecret.com, a website that people who are interested in sci-fi will like, just like the release says.

Our goal is to have Abovetopsecret.com not be a secret to the hundreds of millions that consider themselves Sci-Fi junkies and to get the truth out there for our clients

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would also like to add to Duzey's statement...we are a website the encourages a reaction to the 'official story'....in that sense, making ATS more pronounced to the masses means that we will get people who have valid opinions that are not just Sci-Fi based.

We are quickly becoming a place to discuss that which does not seem right...

Our concern is not just Science Fiction....and any given human does not care *solely* for Science Fiction.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Exactly I hope it gets marketed towards 'sci-fi junkies' instead of something like the 'celebrity gossip goers'.
Sure we can't be categorised as a sci-fi website, but that is one of ATS's target markets. I believe it's a smart move.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Our concern is not just Science Fiction....and any given human does not care *solely* for Science Fiction.....

You have obviously not encountered some of the trekkies and Dr. who fans I have come across.

Can I also take this moment to add for some of the thinner skinned members. When I asked if ATS had sold out I guess I forgot to include the
or perhaps the
it was not meant to be a

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join