It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many for and against CT threads, no pro official story threads...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think its pretty obvious why. Carl sagan worded it better than I can...

Excluded middle, or False Dichotomy.
Considering only the two extremes in a continuum of intermediate possibilities. E.g., Sure, take his side; my husband's perfect; I'm always wrong.

Or: Either you love your country or you hate it.

Or: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Or: If you cant prove your CT, the OS has to be true.

Its hard to say what came first, the chicken or the egg. On September 11th 2001 the first news reports I heard when the towers collapsed said that it looked like controlled demolition. At this point it was merely an observation. That observation was never made in the MSM again after 911 and was a conspiracy theory when it resurfaced.

There is no complete explanation for the official story. None. For every hole in the story there is a CT and for every CT there is a debunker. This does not explain the OS, it does not justify the inconsitencies.

Judy Woods does not have to be right for the OS to be false.

Stephen Jones does not have to be right for the OS to be false.

John Lear does not have to be right about the 'no plane theory' for the OS to be false.

In the very best case scenario the government is with holding information and was utterly incompetent on 911. That is 100% aligned with the OS.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It would be cool if there could be a 911 Official Story forum and let the true skeptics agrue the 'official story' .

What is the official story and where can I find it?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

why are so many of us under the dellusion that the 9/11 comission report was the 'official' report?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The only federal report into 9/11 in general was the 9/11 Commission Report. The only two federal reports into the collapses at the WTC were the FEMA 2002 report and the NIST report.

Thats a pretty good answer from another thread.

The official story is that 19 men hijacked 4 planes with boxcutters and flew them into wtc1 & 2 causing their destruction, one into the Penatgon, and lost control of 1 to the passengers and crashed in Shanksville.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jprophet420]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

The only federal report into 9/11 in general was the 9/11 Commission Report. The only two federal reports into the collapses at the WTC were the FEMA 2002 report and the NIST report.

Thats a pretty good answer from another thread.

The official story is that 19 men hijacked 4 planes with boxcutters and flew them into wtc1 & 2 causing their destruction, one into the Penatgon, and lost control of 1 to the passengers and crashed in Shanksville.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jprophet420]

according to whom is that the official story. see, we go from there being NO official story, to you stating what the official story is. anyone care to clear this up?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

To us, the "official" story means the "government" story. That means, the "story" (ie, the sequence of events and their relationships) as related to us by government employees. Still follow? The government reports on 9/11 were: the Kean Commission Report, the FEMA report, and the NIST report.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well you dont have to accept the 911 commision report, take it or leave it. (leave it I'm sure). What I mean by official is what the media and government presented, especially when citing reasons for war. The .gov didn't expect the average citizen to read the report when they cited it as reason to go to war.

IMHO NIST is the most quoted. I don't consider it 'the word of God' by any means.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.9-11commission.gov...

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission), an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation and the signature of President George W. Bush in late 2002, is chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks. The Commission is also mandated to provide recommendations designed to guard against future attacks.

Right there on page 1. I think that makes it pretty official, don't you?

People make the mistake of "if the Government said it, it must be true". Governments lie. They lie even more when it is to get what they want, or to cover up something they did. History is littered with examples. I shall leave you to further your research skills.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

The only federal report into 9/11 in general was the 9/11 Commission Report.

Don't forget the long (800+ pages) report by the Senate and House intelligence committees, i.e. the "Joint Inquiry into Intelligence Community Activities before and after the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001".

See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The congressional Joint Inquiry report has often been overlooked since the publication of the more in-depth report by the 9/11 Commission, but still remains interesting.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

The Irreducible Delusion present in your argument is thus: either you're with us, or you're against us. Further, the insinuation is that if I criticize the 'truth movement' then I am in the tank for "them".

This is a false premise.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

The Irreducible Delusion present in your argument is thus: either you're with us, or you're against us. Further, the insinuation is that if I criticize the 'truth movement' then I am in the tank for "them".

This is a false premise.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

lol. You're saying the same thing that I quoted with a different title. I totally agree. While I present it, I do mention that:

Or: If you cant prove your CT, the OS has to be true.

Another way to say it is

Once I debunk your CT (now you cant prove it), the OS has to be true.

That is something I am saying is false good sir. I mention it several times. Thank you for your support.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Have to agree with jprophet, this is totally accurate.

I made a thread asking for NIST's proof and how they arrived at it. No one could answer me, no one can, or will Yet somehow this is ok, and doesn't really mean anything? Because these people still post as if they have the same opinions regardless. I wonder what matters, if not actual proof?

(Not saying I won't accept an actual published proof from them, just no one has been able to find one.)

SAP, all you do is criticize people who take the first steps in realizing what has really happened based on the total lack of a credible investigation, without realizing you still don't have a single credible investigative conclusion behind yourself. Beyond a logical fallacy, that is straight blind ignorance. We aren't the ones that were supposed to do the damned investigating, and we never were. We are civilians posting on an internet forum. The sources you're supposed to have, were supposed to do the investigation. If you have any damned sense about you, you could see that they did not. Whether or not you're at that level is all you, but why don't you try formally proving something that means something instead of "debunking" things you automatically believe are incorrect just because you're still so deluded yourself? That NIST thread is still open.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes, I believe you and I have several yet to be debunked threads open. Killtowns smoke plume thread appears to 'closed for debate' as no one wants to take a crack at the math.

It seems that the OS does not hold as much weight as 'debunkers' would lead one to believe.

top topics

join