It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the deal with Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I hear his show from time to time but only in little chunks of ten minutes here and there. Some stuff he says that sounds kinda crazy checks out, if a little exaggerated. but then other stuff doesn't. the reason i really ask is because every time i have come across his name on ATS, it is followed by vitriol. so he seems to be pretty hated. just curious what is up with him? how much of what he says is worth listening to aside from the entertainment of it?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hey .. if you think being poisoned in your vaccines and drinking water and food is entertaining, man.. you gotta check out this hilarious thing.. it's called the Holocaust... sooo entertaining man. right up your alley.

-

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I think Alex jones is bad. He just will not discuss what he did at Trinidad...He is not quick to mention geneses communications network is owned by ABC. And he is a rabid plane hugger who completely shuts down anyone who suggests TV fakery in reguards to 911....

Among the awakened who once admired him. The more you learn about the guy the more he becomes one of the most despised.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Hey .. if you think being poisoned in your vaccines and drinking water and food is entertaining, man.. you gotta check out this hilarious thing.. it's called the Holocaust... sooo entertaining man. right up your alley.

-

allright, thanks for misunderstanding and being a real gentleman about it. i never said it was funny. i am sorry if you are not entertained by interesting stories. i am. that is the problem, so far when i check him out, accuracy is about 50/50. so he is interesting. what he has to say is compelling. since it at least 50% fiction, it is entertaining. not funny. not hillarious. get a dictionary and expand your vocabulary. you will learn that many words can convey subtly different meanings in a given context.

since you sound like an angry alex jones fan...let me ask you something. do you think your post helped anyone at all? is it going to make me more inclined to see your point of view (whatever that is?.) now you just sound like a paranoid jerk that added nothing. thanks. im sure your buddy alex appreciates the support.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

I think Alex jones is bad. He just will not discuss what he did at Trinidad...He is not quick to mention geneses communications network is owned by ABC. And he is a rabid plane hugger who completely shuts down anyone who suggests TV fakery in reguards to 911....

Among the awakened who once admired him. The more you learn about the guy the more he becomes one of the most despised.

that is what it seems like but im really looking for links, articles, something that really shows that he is full of crap or right on some really scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like Alex.

Hes got passion and principle and NERVE. You gotta have nerve in his business.

sarc

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
wow. as hated as he is on ATS and this is all i get? i am not looking to stick up for or bash alex. i am not going to argue one way or the other. i just have to assume that if he is hated SOOO much. there must be mountains of his lies or one really good one that someone can show me or something. this is genuine curiosity about the man and his show and not a fight waiting to happen like so many threads are.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"Don't defend Alex Jones - Spend your time defeating the New World Order..."

...that is what Alex Jones says on his show.

Ordinarily I would defend the man, but clearly he doesn't want me to so I won't.

We have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

Ordinarily I would defend the man, but clearly he doesn't want me to so I won't.

wow. this is a defensive place isnt it. sorry if you took me as asking someone to 'defend' him. all i am asking is, if he is legit, can anyone back it up. if he is full of crap, can anyone back it up. i dont care about defense and all that good stuff. i dont want to defend or attack so there is no need to do so in return.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

So you want us to tell you what to think about Alex Jones?

LOL. Are you serious? Do the research yourself.

There are plenty of threads about this already... they will tell you what to think about Alex Jones.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

So you want us to tell you what to think about Alex Jones?

LOL. Are you serious? Do the research yourself.

There are plenty of threads about this already... they will tell you what to think about Alex Jones.

yeah, sorry. i guess i just figured that since i hear him off and on and what he says, if true, would be pretty important stuff...and then i come here and see that he is universally hated but never a why or because. so yes, i am asking you. if you believe what he says, truly believe it, and the best you can do is be an obnoxious ass when asking for help...then i kinda gotta tell you i think you are supporting him the wrong way.
and let me be clear, i would never ask anyone to tell me what to think. i have my own mind for that. what i am asking is, if these opinions of him are so strong, what is the reason for that? thats all. sorry if i was looking for other people's thoughts in a public forum.
what is this for again?

[edit on 7/24/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

The question you should be asking is - What is this forum not for?

Well Sir, This forum is not for stating the obvious. This forum is not for asking poeple to form an opinion for YOU - which doesn't even make any sense.

I listen to Alex Jones because NO one else reports in topics of such importance as Does Alex Jones.

He gives us the facts - We form the Opinions, as you must do in this case.

Try listening to him for more than 10 minutes... then you won't need us to form your opinions for you

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

The question you should be asking is - What is this forum not for?

Well Sir, This forum is not for stating the obvious. This forum is not for asking poeple to form an opinion for YOU - which doesn't even make any sense.

I listen to Alex Jones because NO one else reports in topics of such importance as Does Alex Jones.

He gives us the facts - We form the Opinions, as you must do in this case.

Try listening to him for more than 10 minutes... then you won't need us to form your opinions for you

you use alot of word to say very little. i never asked anyone to form MY opinion. did i? where did i ask for an opinion to be handed to me? what i asked for was
a-alex says some scary stuff, anyone that can back it up?
b-alex says some crazy stuff, anyone ever found total proof hes a crackpot?

simple question. not for an opinion though. if you think alex tells the truth, great, good for you. defend him somewhere else though. i have found enough stuff when watching some of his older videos to know he is not 100% honest. i already know he is a master of hyperbole. his favorite phrase is "folks, this is admitted." many times that actual admission is pretty hard to find. so i was just asking if anyone had any swaying evidence against or for that maybe i have not seen. i guess that was confusing to you, or too much for you. i guess then you should not have bothered reading this thread or posting in it; twice.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

and there you have it. this is the third thread of this sort that i have seen since i have been here (end of mayish is when i joined) pertaining to alex and whether he is speaking the truth or not.

get over it!! everyone has bits and pieces and quite honestly when *snip* hits the fan, i wouldn't mind having someone as passionate as alex on my side!! in fact, he has spoken up for me personally and so for that, i feel that i owe it to him to at least speak up for him.

again, i have known this man personally and he has doesn't give a *snip* about what anyone thinks when it comes to speaking what he thinks is the truth which is more of what we need in this country. he isn't here to entertain those who know the truth, but rather to wake up those who don't. so rather than spending time discounting everything he says, take what you think is relevant for you and move on!!

just my two cents.........again

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

again, i have known this man personally and he has doesn't give a *snip* about what anyone thinks when it comes to speaking what he thinks is the truth which is more of what we need in this country. he isn't here to entertain those who know the truth, but rather to wake up those who don't.

just my two cents.........again

see, now you lost me. first of all, stop all of you thinking this has anything to do with opinion of him. he is passionate, great. so is charles manson. so was david koresh. hitler was pretty passionate. that is not a qualifier for truth.
but you say he doesnt care what people think about whether he is telling the truth.
ok
then why is he "trying to wake up the ones that don't?" if he doesnt care, he would not be broadcasting trying to wake us up.
for crying out loud, does everything on ATS have to be a fight? all i asked was how much credibility does this guy have. and i asked for specific examples of either or. thats it. get over yourself. apparently you think your opinions are held in such high esteem that everyone is seeking it out. your opinion means nothing. doe he lie? prove it. is he honest? prove it. thats it.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

"The proof is in the Pudding"

You must seek it yourself. Listen to Alex's Show, whilst simultaneously googling the things he talks about.

You will see that he is a credible source for news source for information and news....if you take the time to vette some of his statements.

We could tell you we already back-checked his work - but you would say that doesn't count and you want proof.

Proof of what? Proof of our opinion? or Tangible proof that you can taste touch and feel?

(Well I want proof that you actually want proof, and are not just creating pointless threads asking for proof that we have proved something in the past)

You know this is the internet right?

Your logic is circular. Prove it isn't.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

reply to post by re22666

"The proof is in the Pudding"

You must seek it yourself. Listen to Alex's Show, whilst simultaneously googling the things he talks about.

You will see that he is a credible source for news source for information and news....if you take the time to vette some of his statements.

We could tell you we already back-checked his work - but you would say that doesn't count and you want proof.

Proof of what? Proof of our opinion? or Tangible proof that you can taste touch and feel?

(Well I want proof that you actually want proof, and are not just creating pointless threads asking for proof that we have proved something in the past)

You know this is the internet right?

Your logic is circular. Prove it isn't.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

sorry, i work for a living. i get to hear him a bit now and then at my job. but unfortunately, i cannot sit around googling nor taking notes to google later. i appologize for my mallady. proof of your opinion? ummm. no. why are you obsessed with your opinion. and why do you feel you know me well enough to know what i would accept and would not. i think it is pretty easy. a link to a document, an article, showing something in complete contradiction to or in 100% coroboration of some of the more outragious claims he makes. yes this is the internet, i am glad you understand that much. now if only you would understnad that i do not care what your opinion is, no matter how amazing you might think it to be. and evidence would be easy if this has been gone over so much. just a link to any actual article, govt doc. stuff like that, you are on ATS and you do not uderstand what i mean by that? go look at any other thread where someone asks a question about shadow people or bigfoot, before you know it people are popping in links of 'evidence.' maybe this is too hard for someone like you with so much opinion to hand around.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You work a living? Then you can get his show streaming at infowars.com any time of the day or night! w00t!

I guess you really have no excuse not to do the research apart from the hope that one of us will do it for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You work a living? Then you can get his show streaming at infowars.com any time of the day or night! w00t!

I guess you really have no excuse not to do the research apart from the hope that one of us will do it for you.

sigh
seriously.
so someone asks, hey guys, anyone know if i should waste my time or be afraid, and your best idea is to lash out at them and be derrisive. and you listen to the gcn network? where can i join your friendly and helpful church?
i am sorry if i thought that since if it were a ufo picture, it would have 800 replies explaining why it was fake, i just assumed it would be no trouble to get this question answered. now as i have said, if it is a problem for you, then why bother?
why are you here? what do you plan to accomplish? look over this, now take out your posts and any responses to them...does the thread lose its purpose? no it actually goes back to having some resemblance of the OP. so do me a favor, kind fellow christian brother. add something helpful, or dont bother adding anything at all. i have other threads you can go argue with me on if you just want to bicker with someone. there is more than enough of that all over ATS and i do my fair share. that is not the point here. thanks for derailing it, making me angry, trying to make a simple question seem like an outragious task. thanks for doing absoloutely nothing positive in any way shape or form.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

what did he do at trinidad?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join