It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical mass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What percentage of the general public would have to think or belive non humans where engaging us for it to become real for the rest of the population? Im guessing 50%, would i be about right ?
At this point in time what is that number ? 1% ?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SL55T0T0
What percentage of the general public would have to think or belive non humans where engaging us for it to become real for the rest of the population? Im guessing 50%, would i be about right ?
At this point in time what is that number ? 1% ?
Thanks

hard to say as i could see alot of biblical people taking it as not true cause nowhere in the bible is there actual proof

odd as it sounds, i think most people dont believe on that fact alone

if you think about it, god is somewhat alien like, atleast from a human perspective even though biblically we are created in his image

and thats a whole nother story

his image as in 2 arms, 2 feet, or same exact physicalness?

i tend to think its about 50% now who believe

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
But i mean engaging us not just beying out there, do you really think 50% of people belive so ?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SL55T0T0

in my life, almost all my friends, family and acquaintances think there are others out there not from earth

of course without proof its like an opinion

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think the yabooing of Aliens is the crew who have seen 4 UFOs/Grays out there and we're going to be invaded and turned into tin cans of food tomorrow. Even if this lobby is not that big, it obscures the debate. There are now two debates, 1, Do lifeforms exist elsewhere in the Universe, and 2, Are we experiencing close contact. Personally I'm yes to 1, but no to 2. I think religion does slow down the debate, but belief in UFOs is itself a leap of faith, though I appreciate that not all will agree with the last bit. I think it's country by country, but the numbers who believe with all the Suns in the Universe there must be something somewhere, those numbers of people are increasing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd say seeing UFO speculation on national news is enough to say we are in a time that will be a defining moment for the "belief" movement.

You can't group people into different sects of belief, like:
-You don't believe
-You believe they are out there
-You believe they are here
-You believe they live in your home
-Etc.

Just say, what percentage believe that there is alien life? I'd say nationally, you'll get well over 50%. When it comes to sightings, that percentage is enough for people to demand an investigation.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
"It was while there that I discovered that there was a
tremendous amount of UFO and alien activity in Vietnam. It was
always reported in official messages as 'enemy helicopters.' Now
any of you who know anything about the Vietnam war know that the
North Vietnamese did not have any helicopters, especially after
our first couple of air raids into North Vietnam. Even if they
had they would not have been so foolish as to bring them over the
DMZ because that would have insured their demise. Our troops
were fired on occasionally by these 'enemy helicopters,' enemy
troops were fired on occasionally by these 'enemy helicopters,'
and occasionally people would disappear. And on one instance
that I know for sure at least one entire village disappeared one night because of alien activity.

-Milton William Cooper-

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
I'd say seeing UFO speculation on national news is enough to say we are in a time that will be a defining moment for the "belief" movement.

You can't group people into different sects of belief, like:
-You don't believe
-You believe they are out there
-You believe they are here
-You believe they live in your home
-Etc.

Yes, you can with a simple negation. 1. Aliens out there contact made. 2. Aliens out there no contact made.
Within the group of those who believe in aliens, these are mutually exclusive and exhaustive groupings, ie you belong to one or the other, not both, so no over generality. QED.
You could say don't know category (edit) and then you have fuzzy logic, but it's still pinned.

Just say, what percentage believe that there is alien life? I'd say nationally, you'll get well over 50%. When it comes to sightings, that percentage is enough for people to demand an investigation.

I think you're a bit mad wanting an investigation, coz if they're covering up that badly, they won't stop. I take it CNN are in on this......

[edit on 22-7-2008 by redled]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SL55T0T0

Forty two percent=42%. That is the answer to the question.

Here ya go.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I doubt all 7 billon of us participated in that poll sorry

[edit on 22-7-2008 by SL55T0T0]

new topics

top topics

join