It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the government's take on ghosts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It just occured to me today how ignored this very real phenomenom is by most people let alone governments, but is that really the case or has a government ever had anything to say about it ? I mean UFOs have only been documented for 60 year and look how much the US government has done to sweep it under the rug so to say with the Condon report and all... I mean ghosts have been documented for thousands of years with far more daily witnesses then UFOs so whats up with that? Does there have to be a coverup to make people think "They must be hyding something it lets go protest" like they do with UFOs.. I think critical mass was reached with this phenomenom long ago so what happened ?

[edit on 22-7-2008 by SL55T0T0]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes i have also wondered about this but in another way, for instance if the government found out there was no life after death or if there was but it was not as rosy as it has been portrayed then they may have had to hide the facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As a long time US government employee - the government doesn't take a position on things that are not under its normal jurisdiction. The existence of ghosts, or the after life, has no impact on the government's mission or operations - why exactly would any government take a position on it?

Its like asking what the government's position on Oprah is.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

The government doesn't take position on anything it can't tax, incarcerate, capture, or make war with.

Naturally, if it can't vote, politicians aren't interested in trying to impress it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I guess people thruought time have always assosiated this phenomena more with the church than the government so if people dont ask they dont answer... In my opinion as long as these things keep beying ephemeral and non radar detectable the government wont do squat, i mean they are seen/photographed/filmed just as much as UFOs but no radar...

new topics

top topics

join