It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still don't believe there is liberal bias in the media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Seemingly unaware that his microphone was still on, Sen. John Kerry used uncharacteristically harsh language yesterday to describe Republicans as "crooked" and "lying" during a quiet exchange with several workers at the Hill Mechanical Group in Chicago's Ravenswood neighborhood.

Here is the headline: Here

You like how they simply sneaked in his off-camera comments?

Also yesterday, Bush spoke in Cleveland and spoke about the economy and factory jobs in Ohio.

Here is the headline: Here

Bush had nothing harsh to say, yet he "BLASTED" Democrats.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't possibly see how one can say that this day and age. Conservative talk shows on the radio, TV, and virtually everywhere.

If anything the media has headed to the right in recent years. Limbaugh, Liddy, O'Reilly, Pat Robertson just to name a few. Plus how can one forget the cheerleading on FOX news.

Unfortunately, all media today are not going after both sides of the issue and the true story. They are all basically trying to push their agenda. As the media continues to be conglomerated by the large corporations the situation will only worsen. I liken it to "corporate control" of the media instead of gov't control.

This is one of the reasons our country continues on the slippery path of polarization. There is the left side and the right side. The middle is disappearing, and the art of compromise is what made this country great.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Go tell adbusters about the liberal bias in the media.

www.adbusters.org...

They have been trying to buy commercial spots for going on a decade.

This incident you reference makes absolutely no solid point regarding liberal bias in the media, not to mention the fact that the Guardian is a British newspaper.. and if you havent noticed a good deal of the world HATES GWB.

If anything, all it does is reinforce that our US media is absolutely biased to the right because the big story here is about how Kerry' some boogeyman for telling it like it is about the Rethugs while the rest of the world views it as nothing more then a passing observation.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here.

Although I hate Bush with a passion I'm going to be fair here and actually defend this, although i don't doubt for a second that the media is run by the far right.

Here's what I posted on the other thread:

errr...don't you remember Dubya being caught exactly the same as this? His mic was left on and he said some stuff about someone using harsh language. I'll try and find the link now. Either, it didn't seem to hurt him any so it'll be disgusting if they try and turn this in their favour...

Here you go:

bbc.co.uk

"In Illinois on Monday, unaware he was speaking in front of a live microphone, Mr Bush whispered to his running mate Dick Cheney: "There's Adam Clymer, major league asshole from the New York Times."

..."Some, like the Washington Post, wondered self-deprecatingly whether abusing a journalist might actually increase Mr Bush's popularity.

That appears to be the hope of the Texas Governor himself. He refused to apologise, telling NBC: "I said what I said. I'm a plainspoken fellow.""

He even refused to apologise and it actually increased his popularity, so if anything it's a good omen for Kerry.

I did a favour for Bush, what am I doing? :bnghd:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's one thing I actually agree with Bush on, Clymer IS an asshole!

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Let's not forget the "a political" professor's the claim they aren't liberal.

Remember there is definitely bias in college and uni classrooms.

Did I mention I failed my politics class because my prof was a liberal tit eater?? Yeah I failed because I butted heads with him.

You write essays on what you oppose with info to back your ass up and he gives you #ty marks because your too "cynical"

Anyone in my class became a yes man in fear that he would punish them for thinking differently then him. Punish = #ty grade.

Damn liberal teachers... I hate them all.

Bias in the classrooms & in the media.....
No wonder everyone seems so stupid these days.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think we have a huge money bias in the media. Cororate companies just try to make as much money as possible, and usually, republicans make it easier for them to burn the books and slip through loop-holes.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Let's not forget the "a political" professor's the claim they aren't liberal.

Remember there is definitely bias in college and uni classrooms.

Did I mention I failed my politics class because my prof was a liberal tit eater?? Yeah I failed because I butted heads with him.

You write essays on what you oppose with info to back your ass up and he gives you #ty marks because your too "cynical"

Anyone in my class became a yes man in fear that he would punish them for thinking differently then him. Punish = #ty grade.

Bias in the classrooms & in the media.....
No wonder everyone seems so stupid these days.

Ayn would have been a libertarian.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

No, you didn't butt heads with one of those "evil liberal teachers", you butted heads with an arsehole teacher. Every school's got one regardless of their political thinking, it's nothing to do with being liberal.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
These remarks come from someone that has worked in different aspects of tv news media....for over 10 yrs.
If anything there is a more conservative slant going on that i find personally scary....it has little to do with politics for 95% of those that work in the media. Everything has to do with $$$$ and ratings. The networks would show poop on a cracker if they thought youd tune in....most programming is designed along an 8th grade mentality...because THE VIEWERS ONLY WATCH CRAP SHOWS....GOOD IN DEPTH SHOWS DONT GET RATINGS
I am deathly affraid of further media consolidations, as i know this will eliminate jobs!!! as well as further stifle open and diverse communications.
The FCC's crackdown on obcenity (and thus Fearchannels knee jerk capitulations) are a total farce....Howard stern is being scapegoated (even rush says so) in order to further SILENCE freedoms of speech.
i wish there was MORE liberalism in the media...but at least from what ive seen working in several newsrooms, stations are soo afraid of being SUED...they will almost always go soft on a story that should be hit harder.
TV news cost the most money to air and generates the lowest profits of all programming...guess what that means? limited resources to be able to cover large or diverse stories...and the money is only getting tighter....
what do you think will happen IF say Fearchannel could own 2 of the 3 local stations plus 2 of the 3 local newspapers? ONE voice will be heard on 2/3rds of the outlets, and 2/3 of the people it used to take to run 3 stations/3 papers will loose their jobs as it will only take one newsroom to produce the same data for all...
PLEASE MORE DIVERSITY IN BROADCASTING...NOT LESS

top topics

join