It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Free Internet is Imminent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Death of Free Internet is Imminent

www.globalresearch.ca

In the last 15 years or so, as a society we have had access to more information than ever before in modern history because of the Internet. There are approximately 1 billion Internet users in the world B and any one of these users can theoretically communicate in real time with any other on the planet. The Internet has been the greatest technological achievement of the 20th century by far, and has been recognized as such by the global community.

The free transfer of information, uncensored, unlimited and untainted, still seems to be a dream when you think about it. Whatever field that is mentioned- education, commerce, government, news, entertainment, politics and countless other areas- have been radically affected by the introduction of the Internet. And mostly, it\'s good news, except when poor judgements are made and people are taken advantage of. Scrutiny and oversight are needed, especially where children are involved.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Current Events

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I hope this is not a sign of things to come . But when I look at the world in which we live this report doesn\'t surprise me in the least

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
if anything it would get alot more people up and out of the house and maybe american obesity can climb down again and people would read books and the newspaper and enjoy the sun and get great amounts of vit d

and get people to be more active in life

there is more to life than internets

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Are you trying to claim the US is the only country with internet? Since it is the only country with a serious obesity problem ?

What a whack claim you have there .

I cant believe your trying to spin what equates to partial abolishment of free speech into a positive.
Please remove yourself from the gene pool.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Tthe first test market , as per the story is poor Canada , assuming they go through with it .
I am speechless when I think of the ramifications of an end to the internet as we know it .
As for people getting more exercise , that would be people rioting in the streets and not do to quaint walks around town .

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Free exchange of ideas and information is not something the Ultra-Elite can allow to continue. Too many people are starting to notice the man behind the curtain.

A way will be found to make this happen. Be sure of it. The Internet is too dangerous to the status quo. There will be many different excuses and reasons given. They'll charge for e-mail so they can say they're fighting spam. They'll guide and censor where you can go on the web so they can protect your children. They'll limit and meter your access so that you cannot engage in Piracy. They will control it and it will be like the rest of the media where whoever has the most money controls what is seen, heard, or read.

I'm actually old enough to remember when there was no Internet and when there were no computers that were small enough to fit in your living room. I believe the Internet and the whole information age sort of caught the Ultra-Elites by surprise. I don't think they saw it coming, and they didn't catch on quick enough to get control of it. Lots of young scary nerds that certainly wern't part of the old boy network making tons of money and having a lot of say about how the Information Technology Universe was evolving.

I can image that was and is uncomfortable for the old money Elites. However, they have caught up now. They know which companies to buy and what boards of directors they need to be sitting on. It takes time to bribe the gov. officials and get the right laws written and passed, not to mention getting used to the reality of having to deal with and listen to the advice of nerds who are half their age as they digitize their own financial and business empires, but I expect they are ready now. I predict more stories about this subject as the we are incrementaized into the paradigm they think can profit them the most.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I believe you are 100 % right .

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

you bet, i would love to take myself out of the gene pool, would make me not feel so bad to be part of the race of morons known as humans

driven by ego and power

i was just ranting is all

aside from that, getting people out more and active will help increase health and over all well being, my opinion

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
We'd all best learn to hack WiFi networks (not saying how to do that here!
) and set up smaller more 'ad-hoc' local nets, the internet will survive Vive La Information!!

MBF

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We are at a unique time in the history of the world. Never before have the people on the face of the earth had the opportunity to exchange information and ideas freely.

I'm afraid that as soon as the few in power that can, will find a way to force us to pay for internet usage other than the fees we pay now, which in my opinion are high now. We must all stick together and refuse to pay any additional charges.

new topics

top topics

join