It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th Man On Moon Announces Were Not Alone On Kerrang Radio?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
I posted this in another thread, it really needs to go here. I agree with badastronomy.

You know somehow that does not surprise me

However, that does not give them a "get out of reality free" card.

WHO's Reality? The Astronauts who have been up there and associate with those that would know IF there is anything going on... or a BLOGGER who makes his living selling books and doing paid lectures like his good friend Jim Orberg?

However, he also believes aliens exist. That’s fine too; in fact, while wouldn’t use the word "believe", I strongly suspect there are aliens elsewhere in the Universe as well.

Well well Phil that is 'almost' an admission... or is that a planned disclaimer when your proven wrong?

Thing is, his feelings on this have been pretty clear for a while now. But he recently stated them on the radio, which has led to wide reporting on the topic, like say here. There are a zillion other sources if you care (roughly the same number of emails I’ve gotten on this topic).

Wow a 'zillion' emails... I guess all those zillions agree with him even though over 60% believe in aliens and or UFO's

OK, yes, an Apollo Moonwalker thinks greys are coming here and probing us or whatever. Fine. He can believe what he wants. I think he’s wrong, but he has the right to believe that.

Good work Phil put words in the man's mouth real noble of you... When did Ed EVER say they were probing anyone? "or whatever"??? Did you even hear what he says or just toss out YOUR opinion? Well that too is your right... but it also doesn't make you right either...

Two points on this. First, of course, the UFO folks will go ballistic over this, because, after all, Mitchell was an astronaut and walked on the Moon.

No UFU folks will not go ballistic over this... they have heard Mitchell for over 10 years... its the fence sitters who will pay attention to the mainstream and popular media coverage... its those that have for years used the excuse "if its real why do the astronauts not speak out? Why do I not hear about it on Fox ABC NBC CNN?"

Well the FENCE SITTERS are hearing it from an Astronaut and their main stream media...

Show me the clear pictures. She me to nonterrestrial-isotope-laden artifacts. Show me a frakkin’ flying saucer sitting on the White House lawn.
Show me anything other than blurry pictures and videos, eyewitness testimony, and black-out government documents. I want evidence.

You cannot get a clear picture of an object with a field around it... this even applies to some of our 'stealth' planes. And just because its from somewhere else why does that mean it would necessarily contain materials not familiar on Earth? I never understood this logic.

Blacked out government documents is THE ONLY ONES that the government releases under FOIA... We too would love to see those documents without all the black ink...

But they won't release them without the black so what good are they? IF there is nothing in them that is 'incriminating' then WHY THE BLACK INK? The more sensitive the document, the more the black ink...

So if you believe the government is not covering up anything, why do YOU Phil not make it your mission to prove to us their is nothing being covered up and contact the government to get those ink free copies... because WE in the UFO fields cannot seem to do this.

The second point is Mitchell’s history. He has long been an advocate for what can be called at best fringe science, starting with his tests of psychic powers on that same lunar flight. That’s fine — in fact I support things like that, if done rigorously —

an interesting revelation Phil Plait also believes in psychic powers... yet that fact is one thing the media and detractors use against Mitchell... very interesting indeed...

Government coverups of actual aliens? Really? Where’s the proof of that? The evidence is always circumstantial, and that makes me suspicious indeed.

I suggest then using your blog to discover WHY IS THERE SO MUCH BLACK INK on documents that are 50 years old IF there is nothing to hide. This seems a reasonable request does it not before you claim there is nothing there?

Summary...

Well in summary all in all a very interesting response... very respectful of Ed Mitchell... a 'guarded admission' "I strongly suspect there are aliens elsewhere in the Universe as well." (this will make a marvelous quote
)
and an admission that Phil also believes in investigation of psychic phenomena making him just as 'crazy' as Mitchell...

Closing

Anyone is free to post this on Bad Astronomy so long as its left intact... (I will post a copy on my site) The last time there was an issue I attempted to post a response at BAUT only to find that they screen and control the responses.

My post was a simple question to a supposed 3 mission Shuttle crew member who turned out to be a ground jockey part time in Europe... (I attempted to point that out and offer proof directly from the fellows own web page)

My posts were never posted even though my account is active. So perhaps that is why most of the posts at Phil's site agree with him? Funny about that... but I will not waste my time at a site that screens its posts... make me suspicious of the motives and agendas...

And always remember if it wasn't for us UFO and NASA/Gov conspiracy 'nuts', Phil would not have an income debunking us
Its interesting to note how many skeptics pounce on one of 'us' selling a book using the line "If they were serious, they would do it for free, but since its for profit by writing a book, anything they say is bunk", yet fail to make the same comment about and TO the debunkers like Phil Plait and Jim Oberg who DO make a healthy profit off this issue.

Zorgon

To Rocksarerocks...

Thanks for posting this... a very useful response

"While I wouldn’t use the word "believe", I strongly suspect there are aliens elsewhere in the Universe as well." - PHIL PLAIT

He [Dr Mitchell]has long been an advocate for what can be called at best fringe science, starting with his tests of psychic powers on that same lunar flight. That’s fine — in fact I support things like that, if done rigorously —" PHIL PLAIT

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Of course we know about it and the secret government has been killing people for years because of it. Ask the mormons why they say "It is better for one man to perish than a whole nation to languish in unbelief".

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
AstroNOT (1) visited by aliens = NASA reducing two hoaxes (1) to one.
Note

(1) Two hoaxes:
a)- The aliens hoax, sold by the Illuminati
illuminati-jokes.blogspot.com...
Google knows:
www.google.com...
b)- the Space Travel hoax, sold by the Illuminati
end-times-reductionism.blogspot.com...
Google knows:
www.google.com...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by TruthIsNeverTooHorrible]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthIsNeverTooHorrible

How about the hoax that there is an Illuminati.

Damm sometimes people can be soo silly

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Funny, I'm not surprised you believe everything you hear with no evidence. Perhaps you can go off on another tangent and post some pictures of a tunnel boring machine or something.

Seriously, there is absolutely no proof or evidence to back up what this guy says.

What a surprise, another alien/ufo sighting with zero evidence to support it. Totally worthless.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Funny, I'm not surprised you believe everything you hear with no evidence.

You have no idea what I believe in nor what I have evidence for...

Perhaps you can go off on another tangent and post some pictures of a tunnel boring machine or something.

Perhaps yes
Because the 'tangents' show how things are all interconnected and have earned me more than a point or two

Seriously, there is absolutely no proof or evidence to back up what this guy says.

None that he can share,true.. except that Clark has spoken out to back him

But seriously there is no proof you would accept short of them beaming you up

What a surprise, another alien/ufo sighting with zero evidence to support it. Totally worthless.

Yeah kinda like most of the contribution in your posts "Totally worthless"

I really have to wonder why you feel it necessary to keep sharing the fact that you disbelieve.. but never contribute anything constructive... Surely there must be some topic on ATS that you could add to in a constructive manner?

:shk:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthIsNeverTooHorrible

I'm sorry to say I'm very, very offended by your use of the term "AstroNOT". It is childish, and last I saw that term was on YouTube...that sort of mentality does NOT belong here on ATS!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In the light of Dr. Edgar's latest statements I am dismayed to find that nearly none of the MSM outlets so amazed at his latest claims even dare to mention that he is not the first Astronaut to publicly denounce NASA for covering up knowledge of Alien contact.

I was wondering, thusly, if some of the more knowledable members among us here could provide a definitive list of Govt. employed Astronauts, Cosmonauts, or Scientists who have publicly claimed knowledge of Alien encounters here on Earth (or in nearby space).

Please list only those employees who's employment with the US or other Govt.'s are not in dispute (i.e. not Lazar)

I. and presumably other members, would be most grateful for this list as it can help provide further weight to discussions surrounding Dr. Mitchell's latest public revelations.

We can begin I believe with

Gordon Cooper - Astronaut
Edgar Mitchell - Astronaut

J. Allen Hynek - Civilian Scientist working for Project Blue Book

Any more? I am particularly ignorant about the various Cosmonauts and their testimonies.

All professional and amateur UFOlogists here should really try to get this list together to help contextulalize Dr. Edgar's recent testimony - particularly when discussing it with media outlets or other poorly iformed citizens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Let's also try to keep this list to govt. scientists and astro/cosmo nauts - as although there are many military professionals with excellent first hand accounts - that would make the list to unweildly for a more cursorary discussion of Dr. Mitchell's remarks.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Shouldn't these astronauts be going around the globe every day so they can let their mouths do all the discrediting (or rather, support) for their hefty claims? One and done just reeks of pathetic.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by reconpilot
One night the girls stuck an arm through the wall and ,well you can imagine the rest..
Woke up horny and frustrated that morning .

At the risk of sounding terribly naive. What wall is it you're talking about?

[edit on 1-8-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Gordon Cooper (NASA Astronaut)

NASA Gordon Cooper- UFO are visiting earth

Thanks to Undo for finding it

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I guess since these Astronauts are making a Monkey out of NASA...

They decided that next time they would use AstroNOTS who wouldn't talk

Russian Japanese Monkeys to Make the First “Manned” Trip to Mars

SOURCE

Russia to Send Monkeys to Mars

SOURCE

BBC NEWS | Europe | Russia tests monkeys for Mars trip

They won't utter Yuri Gagarin's famous phrase "Let's go!" But the monkeys of Sochi have already proven their worth as trailblazers in space - and now they are being groomed for a trip to Mars.

BBC NEWS

"We'll show ya
" - NASA Official somewhere

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon.....what are you trying to do???

You post a clip from Gordon Cooper, then the face of a Chimp?

With the insulting term "Astro-nots"??? EDIT here.....I may have seen the term "Astro-nots" somewhere else.....I kept this in, just to show that I am frangible......and error-ridden, at times.....

I mean, I realize the Chimps were not the same 'Spam-in-a-can' that the American Humans described themselves as....get the sarcasm???

The Russians used Dogs....

Modern science use white mice, for crissakes!

Z, you post good stuff, then pollute it with what seems so out there....I'm having trouble staying on YOUR side here....is it deliberate 'punking', or what??

[edit on 8/3/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Edgar Mitchell will be a guest today (August 6) on Kevin Smith Show.

There is also a possibility that today-or tommorow will be another important release connected with the Mitchell's story...(not from Edgar and not on Kevin Smith). I will let you know as soon it is officially out.

Stay tuned.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Z, you post good stuff, then pollute it with what seems so out there....I'm having trouble staying on YOUR side here....is it deliberate 'punking', or what??

Its not MY stuff Herr Wacker

Its current NEWS..

So stop thumping your chest like a gorilla and pay attention

Russia aims to conquer Mars with monkeys
Russia is grooming an elite troop of monkeys for a mission to Mars.

"People and monkeys have approximately identical sensitivity to radiation," Boris Lapin, the director of the Sochi Institute of Medical Primatology, told the BBC.

“So it is better to experiment on the macaques, but not on dogs or other animals.”

TELEGRAPH UK

BBC NEWS | Europe | Russia tests monkeys for Mars trip
Apr 14, 2008 ... Russian monkey in Bion space capsule in Sochi ... Surface of Mars (file pic). Monkeys may touch down on boulder-strewn Mars before humans ...

BBC News

Russia to Send Monkeys to Mars | Universe Today
Russia has a long history of scientific discovery and space exploration through the use of animals. Beginning with space dog Laika in 1957, ...
Universe Today

Russian Monkeys to Mars - Unmanned Spaceflight.com
Apr 16, 2008 ... Edit: Russian monkeys to Mars I guess this was inevitable. The LEO tourists weren't bad enough. Go to the top of the page. + Quote Post ...
Unmanned Space Flight

Russian Japanese Monkeys to Make the First “Manned” Trip to Mars ...
Monkeys used to orbit in this Bion Space Capsule Well it’s on now. Mars just got a bit closer – if you’re a monkey. The Sochi Institute of Medial ...
SOURCE

Do the following google search you will see how many sites are making a monkey out of this...

GOOGL E SEARCH

The BBC broke the story April 14, 2008 and its spreading as fast as the Mitchell story...

I will now accept your public apology for insinuations that I made this up or doctored the photo... and respectfully ask you do not restart your personal agenda and stick to the material presented

Thanks

[edit on 6-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Not everyone gets your twisted sense of humor Zorgon. Posting a pic of the planet of the apes in uniform alongside a "legit" monkey in US uniform doesn't help your cause.

Try to stick to the facts. Your jokes are pitiful.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by uforadio

I started a new thread in hopes that more people would see it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
and STILL we hollar "Wheres the proof"?

till then ill continue to believe in fairies and trolls as well....please.

doesnt anyone else on this damned site desire a modicum of proof for any of these hundreds of outrageous claims?! i mean honestly you are all candidates for any number of Cults out there. No one here even mentions proof or anything tactile they can look at and study. Will always astound me how easily people are led to believe anything, regardless of the claim or lack of said proof...simply amazing.....

thats the REAL thread someone should start here...

"Why are people just so damn easily led"?

[edit on 24-10-2008 by centralscrutinizer]

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i may look like a time traveller here in the post of 2008, and i am actually just at page 3 in reading the post, so have not followed the whole post.

but searching for edgar mitchell if found this news;

29. november 2010
www.prweb.com...

BREAKING: Astronaut Edgar Mitchell to Explore Billy Meier UFO Case?

top topics

<< 24  25  26   >>

join