It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wie Playing In A Mens Tourney Agian, unbelievable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wie making a mistake teeing it up against men

Two days after Wie suffered an embarrassing DQ at the LPGA State Farm Classic, the announcement came that she's teeing it up against the men July 31 at the PGA Tour's Legends Reno-Tahoe Open. It's unlikely this opportunity came about overnight.

Surely Camp Wie mulled this one over well before her fine play in Springfield. The event is held the same week as the Ricoh Women's British Open, an event Wie didn't qualify for this year.

Source

But this marks the eighth time she will play on the PGA Tour before age 19. Regardless of how Wie fared against a weak field at State Farm, her game and psyche isn't ready to take on the Hooters Tour, much less the PGA.

She needs to stop. Seriously. SHe might be a decent golfer, but she has no business on the mens tour, even if it is for just one or two tournaments a year.

I have nothing against women, I really don't. If there wasn't an LPGA (womens tour), then I'd be all for women playing in traditional mens events.

Since Wie can play in PGA events should Tiger go tee it up in a womans tourney or two? There would be no competition.

I guess my saving grace in all this is that, she's never done very well against the men and probably never will.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, the difference is Tiger would receive nothing but derision if he entered a ladies tournament and won, whereas Wie would garner accolades if she won a men's tournament.

I don't think she has ever done well against men, but I don't really care if she tries or not. I guess I'm indifferent.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I believe that her managers all need to be fired and this girl needs to surround herself with sound, professional golf people. Her staff is currently killing her ability to play which in my opinion is outstanding.

The playing versus men is what got her off to a bad start in a career, the pressure of playing against men messes up with her swing which is first and foremost the anchor of any golfer, hopefully when she turns 21 she can get them all fired.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have deep passionate dislike for her. Since she is being endorsed, isn't there a certain quota that she has to meet by entering tournaments. I personally think that her first year was great but after she got all this money for playing then she just kinda doesn't want to play anymore.
She just has too many injuries and mistakes to keep her from not playing, so maybe she just really doesn't want to play but loves the money.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaiigurl

I in the other hand I dislike her parents... I can not blame her for her attitude, is her parents have been fostering it since the girl was 12 or 13. They have expose this young lady instead of gradually or steadily nurture her talent.

THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TIGER WOODS AND MICHELLE WIE!!!

Tiger could have gone pro by age 15, but his father wanted him to compete with kids of his age, to put him in competitive situations that could have give him an opportunity to win, to get used to the nerves, to a clutch shot and how to react under pressure and to get the feeling of how good it taste to WIN!

The reason why Michelle Wie doesnt win aside from the fact that she has horrible problems with her swing is that SHE DOESNT know how to win, she crumbles under pressure (i.e. gets sick and withdraws from tournaments), she got the money already so there is no sense of purpose, and all this tournament keep giving her sponsors exception like she has earn something.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't think Wie has made the CUT on ANY of the mens tournies.

Or even won a LPGA tourny...

SHe is being treated like a side-show... Exploited for the last 5 years of so...

Its kinda sick...

She should just play with the Girls, and mabye i she starts to dominate the woman, THEN, MABYE THEN, she could play with the men, bu as of now, she is a side-show... an intresting actration, but nothing serious.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure her father doesn't hold the ultimate responsibility for all this. He should have stepped in long ago for his daughter's sake. She's obviously not capable of handling her own career and neither are the people who endorse her.

Peace

join