It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the Hell are our Special Forces?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yeah i was just wanting to know where are the SeALs, the delta force, and SAS are doing in this war on terror. Any information would be nice. I saw the last reported major mission by them was Operation Jawbreaker, in which they tried to find Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its called OPSEC,I don't think they want to be comprimised do you.

Also don't forget the Marine Corps. Force Recon either!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Your not going to read their Ops in any mainstream media outlet. SF ODA Teams have been HEAVILY involved in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001..and earlier for other uses.

What good would covert missions, and ODA teams do if WE all knew what they were doing..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If all else fails...why not just ask for top secret classified information?

Yeah, even if they wanted to tell you they couldn't. Comeon, there's a reason you can't find it.....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You do see the odd thing in the media about somethings that are goin on involving the special forces. But not much, for obvious reasons. You could try reading some books though like a few from Andy McNab for stories about past missions...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Yeah thanks guys. I already do understand covert missions aren't covert if you leek the intel on the mission. I was just wondering if any good soul as dug up more recent information. Like from 2005 or 2006. Becuase Jawbreaker, I believe, it was around 2001-2002. I am not talking about where they were yesterday. And no I did not forget the good ole' force recon and marine expeditonary unit. They however aren't concerned with finding Osama and higher commanders. They are pretty much attached to the main force, give or take a few miles.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
you can order or read SOF Mag (soldier of fortune magazine). That is the only rag I know allowed to write about recent ODA missions. They usually have one in their mag every quarter. One of their editors is retired SF and gets access to tag along with a writer for missions. Usually its a good read and good photos...I would recommend it if you like to see and read about SF, SEALS, RECON, AFCC's etc..in action

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
yeah i will look into that. Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They're operating mostly out of Afghanistan, but they are in Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Somalia, and (especially) Iran. It depends on the unit, really. As far as specifics... no, it won't be publicly known.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
All over the place my friend. Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Afgan mts. You name it. A friend of mine 7th SF group just got back from Jordan. They were there 2 months. SF has a new SOP when it comes to the media. They REALLY are keeping quiet.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
They wouldnt exactly be very Special Forces if they actually let you know when and where they are? Would they
? Unless they were Gomer Pyle "Special" Forces

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I know they're training the Columbian and Mexican military to protect oil wells and pipelines, also the Saudis and more than likely the Iraqis (though I have no proof).

A fine use for our best soldiers.

Edit - here's the article I was looking for about special forces in Iraq.

www.defenselink.mil...

Air Force special operations officer Traxler recalled his participation in "the largest Navy SEAL operation in history," which involved the protection of Iraqi oil-producing infrastructure in southern Iraq. The operation, he added, also included U.S. Marines, Polish troops, and British commandos.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
yeah relly. thanks again. It is pretty weird that our elite of the elite, people who can clean and fix their guns in minutes. Operators who can make descisions in tenths of a second, deciding who to kill or not as he bursts into a room of hostages. Soldiers who can jog 80 miles. Soldiers, such as snipers, who can kill with one deadly shot from a mile and a half away, are out their teaching the Iraqi's how to stand in line for roll call.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I've a relative in one of the special forces. Believe me, they're ALWAYS at work. The fact that we don't hear about it is part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I really think you'd be better off writing to the German Embassy in your country and asking why they recently had Osama's No 2 in their grip and failed to capture him. 100 metres! That was all!

But because this dude's security detail opened fire on them, the Germans gave up because they are not allowed to 'return fire, even in self defence', as per their rules of engagement. Sickening isn't it?

By recently, I probably mean a few years ago but, as somebody else has said, we're not gonna find out through the Press or TV and any info some other gives you is just gonna be hearsay or speculation.

So my best guess is that they're out chasing about southeastern Afghanistan looking for the guy the Krauts let slip through their fingers.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, US SF are in the following countries.

Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Columbia, Uzbekistan (huge anti terror base there, but relations are souring and they may be forced to leave soon), Quatar, Oman (With British troops doing desert equipment test and evaluations), The Phillipines where they are 'assisting' with a war against muslim seperatists..

Add to this Bosnia, and surrounding areas and you start to see that US SF are being sent world wide.

As to what 1st SOFD D are up to with 160th SOAR, well, we will find out in the history books of years to come I hope.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thanks. Yeah 1st SFOD-D is probably training friendly militants in Pakistan to be able to fight for themselves and lead thier own patrols. The 160th SOAR -Night Stalkers- are not that secrative because they do active hot spot landings with SeALS and 10th Mountain Division.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SwiftFootedAchilles

The SF usually goes in first. Wars take so much planning and construction that they're there for years before any war happens.

new topics

top topics

join