It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush plan defines pill, IUD as abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Bush plan defines pill, IUD as abortion

www.tucsoncitizen.com

In its final months, the Bush administration is wrapping up a parting gift for the religious right: an official definition of abortion so sweeping it would include the use of birth control pills and other forms of hormonal contraceptives, as well as intrauterine devices.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services quietly drafted a rule that would put into federal code this radical definition of abortion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The proposal came to light because somebody leaked it to the public. It expands upon federal law that prohibits entities that receive federal dollars from discriminating against health care providers - institutions and individuals - who refuse to perform, pay for or make referrals for abortions based on moral objections.

This is real interesting. I've spent the last 7.5 years wondering when Bush would actually address the fact that he ran on a very pro-life platform where abortion and abortificants are concerned, yet has done virtually nothing to act on that platform. I'm anti-abortion, but I certainly am not anti-birth control, so I think this is a horrible idea.

If this remains law, then imagine the backlash if abortion ever becomes illegal in this nation again. It wouldn't just outlaw doctors from abortion fetuses, it would actually outlaw doctors from prescribing birth control... something that has actually prevented millions of abortions from ever needing to be performed over the decades. Bad mojo!

www.tucsoncitizen.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
These people are the poster adults for abortion . The best counter add to run would be . "Imagine if these people were never born" (faces of the supporters)
"What a wonderful world it would be"

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bush is officially Retarded. There is no saving him, he is gone. The pill and IUD as abortion? Im not sure what to say other than he is Retarded, Mentally Ill, or something. How can the pill or an IUD which does not even allow you to get pregnant be called abortion? Simply amazing. Bush, your the greatest!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I can't see this ever happening. Bush's friends in Big Pharma would be too upset--think of all the money it would cost them. Also, if the plan is to depopulate the world, why prevent birth control?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
everyday I wake up and wonder what Shrub can do to make his "Legacy" dumber and dumber. I am never dissapointed

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
lol, nuts hiding behind religion are the same everywhere, whether they're called Talibans or 'Conservatives'.

sometimes i feel politicians of any kind should all be beaten to pulp every now and then, just to sober them up!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
With something like this in place, it can take away the freedoms a woman has to her body, and the freedom that couples share when they don't want to be burdened with a kid. Not to mention, those already married with more than enough kids.

Take away birth control? What is wrong with this man? I doubt that there is any problem with people not breeding enough, that is why we have an "anchor baby" clause. So that people breed for a monthly check.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN ....
MASTURBATION IS MURDER .

Police today will be going on a national manhunt (pun intended) And confiscating ALL gym socks and towels owned by men across the nation .
Tissue boxes and all articles of clothing will be testing for signs of semen . If found All men in possession will be changed with the high crime of MURDER .

Dna test should reveal the identity's of these men which will be posted to the "sexual crime" database and people are asked to turn in anyone they know has masturbated since they were born .

News at 11.

/sarcasm

[edit on 22-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

The ironic thing about what you posted is that John Kellog (inventor of the corn flake, no joke) was a strong proponent of making all forms of masturbation illegal. The sick SOB even tried to market bondage instruments that he said should be required for young boys and men "with self-abuse issues" to wear at night and when alone that restricted their hands to keep them from masturbating. He even went so far as to suggest sewing the foreskin shut and applying acid to the genitals as a form of punishment. He attempted to get laws passed by claiming that it lead to other destructive and antisocial behavior and was leading to the downfall of society as a whole. The scary thing is a few politicians at the time actually entertained the idea that he was correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah its a sick world. But this will never pass . Many have gone up against roe VS wade and i cant think of a single case that made it past summery .

It's just sad that there trying on this absurd platform .

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

If your mom and your dad didn't feel like taking care of you...would you support their decision to abort you had you not experience the life you have as of right now?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
With something like this in place, it can take away the freedoms a woman has to her body, and the freedom that couples share when they don't want to be burdened with a kid. Not to mention, those already married with more than enough kids.

Take away birth control? What is wrong with this man? I doubt that there is any problem with people not breeding enough, that is why we have an "anchor baby" clause. So that people breed for a monthly check.

LOL what you thought a females rights were more important then any of the other rights that have been taken away?

Oh no they are fair game too!

I would laugh so friggen hard if this went thru. I would honestly.....

1. Not even care.
2. Laugh in the face of the shrub supporters. Its your own fault for voting for the retard.
3. Expect fornication to drop like a rock.

Anyhow this probably wont happen but a federal judge recently ruled that the government has an interest in reproduction (Was in one of the gay marrige bans). So no there isnt enough babies being kicked out. We will infact become an idiocracy if people continue to use birth control.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

The problem here is this piece of the puzzle probably will pass. This isn't denying anyone their right to an abortion as laid out by the supreme court. However, after this goes through, should the SCOTUS ever change course and overturn Roe V Wade, suddenly it isn't just the act of an abortion that's illegal, it's virtually any form of birth control short of a non-spermicidal treated condom that could be considered illegal.

Like I said, I'm adamantly opposed to abortion, but to lump birth control in there with abortion is beyond disturbing. My wife and I are using B.C. because we have two little ones and haven't yet determined whether we want more or not, so it's a way for us to go a few years and then reassess our situation and then decide. Obviously, if something happened and we found out my wife was pregnant, we'd have a third child, as an abortion wouldn't even be a question. For someone to not just suggest but to pass an official decree of government that defines the simple act of using prevention as being in line with aborting your baby is an insult.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
so if thats abortion i guess im a mass genocide aborter

so that means every day when we "beat on it", we are killing millions upon millions of little people

and you know , killing millions of people within a few seconds, never felt so Good

hey if the Pill is abortion, so is beating off lmfao

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What happened to the Separation of Church and State .. this is highly disturbing. It wouldn't last tho they think they have problems with war protesters just wait for a buncha angry pregnant women....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Man, Im waiting for Al to say its time to "leap"

Or My fellow Sliders to say the Countdown to the next portal to take me away from this Wackbards World.

Regardless if this is true. theres enuff " Filler " Bs to make me wanna move to mars just to escape the Prevailing Ignoramuses.

Honestly, Arent we all tired of hearing this load of Fecal Matter yet? every other day its talk about what "Domass" wants to make reality of whatever version of eden they see fit,

If their are Ets, I hope they Hurry up an see how such a waste of space we are.
And build their Interstellar Bypass thru Our Galaxy.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, finding information about this to verify it has been like searching for hen's teeth. I finally found some confirmation that this isn't a bogus fear tactic by the author of the original article, however.

www.nytimes.com...

The proposal defines abortion as follows: “any of the various procedures — including the prescription, dispensing and administration of any drug or the performance of any procedure or any other action — that results in the termination of the life of a human being in utero between conception and natural birth, whether before or after implantation.”

Based on that definition, this definitely would consider virtually anything that permitted even the slightest chance of fertilization while also hormonally preventing implantation (ie: virtually every birth control pill, IUD, and any sort of patch) as an abortion.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It just makes me hate organized religion and governments even more than I already do which is a considerable amount. I wish there were more Jokers running around in the world. It might just make it a better place to live.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They pass this, and Just like the Fans of Jericho sent Peanuts to the Shows Headquarters to demand another season,

We can send a couple hundred Male and Female Mice and Rabbits an Let them Sort it out..... No B/C, Fine Handle these then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join