It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: 'Sanctions Mean a War'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
SEOUL, South Korea � Continuing to be defiant, North Korea warned the world on Tuesday that sanctions the U.N. demands "mean a war," as South Korea continued its effort to find a peaceful solution to the nuclear standoff by sending another top diplomat to Washington.
foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
ya i was in school and suppose to be working on my project but i went on ATS and CNN and read that story, dam N. korea they just want international attention to help their poor and starving nation, dam commies
plus they are just a bunch of insane freaks

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't understand why North Korea need Nuclear Weapons. There is no strategical threat to them at all. Appart from China which are closely linked to the North Koreans.

posted on Jan, 7 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
U sound like me Mavrick lol. U ask y they want em tell me why not. You thin SK is part of your country and they are hangin on by a thread on goin to war with us. I i was any country even a small contry i the middle of the pacific i would want the most powerful weapon known to man

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by barba007
I don't understand why North Korea need Nuclear Weapons. There is no strategical threat to them at all. Appart from China which are closely linked to the North Koreans.

They don't need these weapons for military purposes. They need them for POLITICAL purposes.

It's the " do what I say/ask or I'll be upset and I'll nuke someone " policy. The NK gov' is like a maffia. It's not a gov' like your or mine. They are worse than Irak.

So, they want to have these weapons " just " to threat all the world. Cuz they think that the world will support them ( money/foods/drugs/wealth..etc..etc... ). That's why they need them.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
"I don't understand why North Korea need Nuclear Weapons. There is no strategical threat to them at all."

the US?
the UK?
the UN?

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
but the problem is what can the US do about North Korea having nuclear weapons? We can not just premptivley strike every country in the world like we are trying to do in Iraq. The next thing that we know we are going to be invading England becuase of Tony Blair's comments about bringing back the Stamp Act.

The UN needs to get tough on North Korea, and the US needs to shift the focus of military action in Iraq to North Korea. I would be willing to bet that N.Korea would back down if we put the kind of military pressure on them that we are in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
"I don't understand why North Korea need Nuclear Weapons. There is no strategical threat to them at all."

the US?
the UK?
the UN?

I wonder how your brain is working !?

Do you know that without the UN, North-Korea was losing the war ( Korea War 1950/1953 ) ?

In 1951, the " UN " troops ( Do I have to write the US troops ? ) received the order to go back under the 38th parallel; while they were holding almost 80% of North-Korea. Some units were even closed from the Chicoms and Russians borders !!! Mac Arthur had right !

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
North Korea wants to develop nukes so that they can hold South Korea and Japan hostage right now, and the western US later once they improve their ICBM technology. They want FREE resources from Japan and the US, so blackmailing us with nukes is their only option.

We will take care of them AFTER Iraq. Iraq has stronger ties to muslim terrorists than North Korea. The last time I checked it was muslim terrorists attacking us around the world and not North Koreans.

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The 'dear leader' seems more crazy each day. He's obviously looking for a handout (is Jesse over there?).

It's interesting sight to see anti-US protests in S. Korea a month or so back and now there are pro-US demonstrations.

Anyway - I say Japan should build nukes.

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Then we won't have to worry about "suitcase nukes" it will be "wristwatch nukes"

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   

, dam N. korea they just want international attention to help their poor and starving nation

damn, your a herb for real.

the only reason why all this is happening is because americans are starting to question this war in the middle east (finally)

It's not a war on terrorism it's a war on islam and america needs to target a non-muslim country so that they can look like they're the good guys.

Bush: "we're going to conduct a crusades"

i dont care if he apologizes for it , i dont care if it just "slipped" out of his mouth

if you said it it's because you've been thinking about and it's what is in your mind

this is a war on islam, open ya eyes and rise above the media, they dont know nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's a war on Islam - I thought it was about oil? Geez, I am all confused now.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
LOL Bob88,

I thought it was about world domination,now I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Illmatic67, come in the EU. You'll see that muslims have started their own " holly crusade " against westerns nations BEFORE this so-called GWB crusade !

Since the muslims exist, they tryed to overrun Europe, and now, their new " weapon " is the immigration.

They didn't forget that we smashed them in the Lepante battle ( and others battles too ). They are very revengefull and they just want to obliterate us.

The problems with the muslims is that they are doing exactely what their Imams are telling them ( Who told that they are not all fanatics ? ). And Imams are NOT peacefull peoples.

posted on Jan, 9 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So....the country (the USA) that has been helping Afghanistan feed itself and pull itself off the ground after the Soviets left them beaten up, is trying to make itself look "good" by attacking Iraq???

The Taliban showed their thankfulness towards us by supporting Al Qaeda. So they like other militant muslims are the good guys for attacking the country that tried to help them out????

The same can be said about Iraq. We supported them in the 80s against Iran and they showed their thankfulness by trying to take over the world's oil supply. Again we're called the troublemakers by the idiotic hippies hiding here in the USA.

The USA has proved itself to be the good guy by allowing these troublemakers to even exist. We could've wiped Afghanistan, Iraq, etc off the face of the Earth if we wanted to do it. Bad guys don't stick around and rebuild countries like us once they destroy the enemy.

new topics

top topics

join