It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think it's a nice try at showing how paranormal videos are faked.

The first thing I asked myself is, "Why is this guy putting down the camera without turning it off to go let the dogs pee?" Anything you would not normally do is suspect.

Camera angles, where he places the camera, objects in the way, what the camera doesn't see, etc. Great effort but not convincing. I've shot enough video in my life to understand why things are done, misdirection and point of view. Good effort though.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
continued......

Now it is apparent something is happening in that area!
Just compare this to the above photos.....

Here the area starts to reshape.....

And finally, back to normal....

I'd have to speculate.

Remember the cameraman went back into the stairwell, then came back up set the camera down, and returned to the spot he had previously filmed (which was to show us there was nothing there).

It is not too much of a leap to think that in the time he was leaving and returning an accomplice had time to lie down in that spot.

IMO, it is still open to speculation.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
did anyone read my post about how my dog looked behind me over my shoulder before, like he was looking at exactly one spot for a few seconds? it caused me enough alarm to think "holy s**t, is there someone behind me?!" because i just got home and hadn't gone in every room in the apartment yet, thinking there might be someone else inside. but i turn around, and no one's in the place. then i look at my dog again, and he trots into the room behind me and looks around - up and down, looking all around the room from the doorway. then he looks at me, seemingly puzzled. by the way, i was throwing his "Kong ball" around the room before this happened, so he was in a playful mood, tongue hanging out, tail wagging. then he just stops dead, shuts his mouth, ears perk up, and he stands completely still, looking right over my left shoulder.

but yes, the guy who said it could have been some mask the cameraman held up COULD be true, but then my personal experience tells me otherwise...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Notice that the camera is always pointed in the right direction.

Sorry but saying things like this always annoys me! If the camera was never in the right direction then there would be no video to watch in the first place apart from a video with nothing happening.

Seems like you can't please you skeptics, without vids it's not enough proof, yet with vids it's still not enough proof because you then say it was too convenient the camera was there to capture the proof!

As for the actual footage I'm not too sure, the dogs are spooked but it could be a plethora of things. One thing which did get my attention to lean towards being staged however was when he goes into the attic he makes sure to film all of it and show us viewers it was empty before the freaky stuff begins that suggests to me it might have been staged but again not enough to make me say 100% it was fake

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

It doesn't even have to be a accomplice... He did show the area the first time he walked up there, but the camera never panned all the way to show the can, like he was trying to not show something there.. Which brings me to believe that maybe he had something rigged up.. maybe some fishing line or something that when he stood near the Can, he could with his foot he could pull on the line and make it fall over.

Although having a accomplice does account for the banging being made.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
did anyone read my post about how my dog looked behind me over my shoulder before, like he was looking at exactly one spot for a few seconds? it caused me enough alarm to think "holy s**t, is there someone behind me?!" because i just got home and hadn't gone in every room in the apartment yet, thinking there might be someone else inside. but i turn around, and no one's in the place. then i look at my dog again, and he trots into the room behind me and looks around - up and down, looking all around the room from the doorway. then he looks at me, seemingly puzzled. by the way, i was throwing his "Kong ball" around the room before this happened, so he was in a playful mood, tongue hanging out, tail wagging. then he just stops dead, shuts his mouth, ears perk up, and he stands completely still, looking right over my left shoulder.

but yes, the guy who said it could have been some mask the cameraman held up COULD be true, but then my personal experience tells me otherwise...

that is what i was saying. MY personal experience tells me otherwise because we could go to robs house any day and do it with his dog and a red ball. and an aunts dog with a doll she had. we could do it over and over. now you can then speculate the itemse were haunted or whatever but i am just saying. this is not a guess, that an animal could easily be scared by an item right where the camerman is holding his hand, where it looks like the dog is looking, it is something we did for fun as rotten kids cuz we were mean and thoughtless but it worked every time.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That first video it seems that the "door motion" is heavily edited, to me it almost looks like stop motion filming its so edited. The radio interfierence, well Ive seen quite a few cell phones that will do that if you hold them close to a radio and as for the roll of towels, if you watch it in slow motion it almost seems to speed up right before and right after.

Ive been around alot of poltergeist and paranormal activity such as that and nothing Ive ever been around has happened as heavily as that.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Okay I wasted my time. No problem.

Still, I would point out if all your evidence is based solely on the dogs then you're missing a lot of evidence to the contrary which is in the video.

For example: If the white dog was so afraid she went and hid under the bed in one video, why didn't she do it in the one where the door opens and the paper towel roll flips to the sofa?

That is the reason we investigate these things.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.
reply to post by garyo1954

It doesn't even have to be a accomplice... He did show the area the first time he walked up there, but the camera never panned all the way to show the can, like he was trying to not show something there.. Which brings me to believe that maybe he had something rigged up.. maybe some fishing line or something that when he stood near the Can, he could with his foot he could pull on the line and make it fall over.

Although having a accomplice does account for the banging being made.

BINGO! You're right! He showed everything in the attic twice/three times EXCEPT the can!

Nice catch!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And do you ever notice how in all of these "ghost" films EVERYTHING that happens is conveniently within the cameras angles?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yea, rather convenient the only thing on the table is a leftover roll of paper towel. And equally convenient he left the radio on during work, so it could be interfered with.

Also, as Bill would say.. "No human would stack gas cans that way..."

Just seems like an awful lot of conviences and perfect camera angles, imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Sorry but saying things like this always annoys me! If the camera was never in the right direction then there would be no video to watch in the first place apart from a video with nothing happening.

Seems like you can't please you skeptics, without vids it's not enough proof, yet with vids it's still not enough proof because you then say it was too convenient the camera was there to capture the proof!

First off you called me a skeptic. I am NOT a skeptic. I believe absolutley 100% believe in ghosts. Ive seen a few myself... you dont seem to understand that not all videos that capture ghosts are real

I believe that the previous posters have pointed out numerous pieces of evidence to show that these videos are faked. So a big WAY TO GO

goes out to those of you on ATS who have once again helped deny ignorance.

I was reading one of the posts that said something along the lines of, this was a nice try to show what a good fake looks like. That way we will have a better idea of what to look for in future videos.

Thats exactly what this thread is about. Its about showing that it IS possible to fake ghost sightings and fake them well. Its about not blindly accepting EVERYTHING you see as truth. Its about questioning what has been presented to you as truth.

But most of all, Its about learning how to distinguish the real from the fake so we can continue to deny ignorance accuratley.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I just dont like being stereotyped as a skeptic when in reality I am anything but...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
For example: If the white dog was so afraid she went and hid under the bed in one video, why didn't she do it in the one where the door opens and the paper towel roll flips to the sofa?

Cause she was locked with her buddy in the bedroom while they shot the door scene, it took awhile an they couldn't have the dogs wandering in and out of the room.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by garyo1954

Cause she was locked with her buddy in the bedroom while they shot the door scene, it took awhile an they couldn't have the dogs wandering in and out of the room.

I agree with you 100%. the dogs going in and out would make it obvious that the scene was edited.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
From many videos I have seen in the past my opinion is that these have been edited to a degree. The first video, as an earlier poster mentioned the paper towel does not seem to look right when it is thrown. Also I find it convenient that a paper towel is randomly placed on the table in view of the camera. The door is well done if faked, it seems to move in short bursts instead of a slow fluid movement. Some of this stuff can be done with stop motion if you are considerably skilled.

With the dogs watching something off screen I think it would have been more believable if they followed something that was in front of the camera, this way we could at least rule out if it is the guy using a laser pointer or something similar to catch the dogs attention.

The video with the dog hiding under the bed. The only explanation i could have for this would be having something around that the dog does not like or is afraid of..examples would be the vacuum cleaner or possibly a dog whistle..What i am getting at here is that if someone really wants to they can pull off some pretty convincing stuff. The last video I found interesting that the picture seemed to go dark whenever something happened..except the initial incident of the barrel falling over.

I am a believer in the paranormal but I also believe it is very rare that you do get credible evidence on video.

Interesting none the less.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

THat's golden. THat should be a cardinal rule for all skeptics NOT to break. I've seen the statement more times than I'd like too.

Let's repeat that one more time!

If the camera was never in the right direction then there would be no video to watch in the first place apart from a video with nothing happening.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I like the way you think!

The dogs, wandering in and out of the room where it was shot, means someone had to be there to keep them out. It would also mean they weren't overly afraid of whatever was happening.

Interesting indeed that it was shot in the room while someone was controlling the dogs.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

THat's golden. THat should be a cardinal rule for all skeptics NOT to break. I've seen the statement more times than I'd like too.

If the camera was never in the right direction then there would be no video to watch in the first place apart from a video with nothing happening.

I dont have a problem with SOMETHING happening within the cameras angle its just that in most of these videos EVERYTHING happens within the cameras angle, imean at one point I swear I saw The king come up and offer me a whopper lol

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yeah nice of you to actually cut out the part of my post which is in agreement that the video might indeed be fake.

The point that you did quote still stands valid however, it's always going to be "too convenient" to some skeptics for a camera to capture evidence to support a claim. Now whether that evidence is fake or not is the point that should be up for discussion but using the excuse of "it's too conveniently placed" is not the way to attempt debunking evidence nor is it logical to use it as form of evidence to prove a video is fake!

Rant all you like just don't rant about things you want to take out of context

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

I believe that when people say that it refers more to cases like the video where he takes his dogs outside. I believe that most people would either turn the camera off and set it down, or they would leave it running and take it with them.

Occam's Razor would apply here nicely. For those of you who dont know what that is: occam's razor states: All things being equal the simplest explanation is the best.

What is more likely? This guy just happens to take his dogs out, leave his camera rolling and points it right at where a ghost is fixing to appear as soon as he leaves? or is it more likely that it is a fake video?

Im going with a fake video. Keep in mind though I am a believer in ghosts. 100% I want to make that clear, because the last guy I talked to about this decided I was a skeptic.

To everybody reading this" NEVER blindly accept everything you see as fact. Its unwise. Always question your surroundings. Its the only way to truly learn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join