It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

I didnt think of the possibilty of the mask. I had just assumed he was holding something they were scared of. similar idead actually. As you probably know re22666 and I are trying to reproduce the videos. I will keep the mask in mind when it comes to the scenes showing the dogs being afraid.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Did you ever hear from that guy, the one who made the videos? Did he reply to you at youtube?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Did you ever hear from that guy, the one who made the videos? Did he reply to you at youtube?

I havent heard a single word from this guy unfortunatley. He last logged in 4 days ago, so I know he has seen my message.

I dont think this guy has any intention of writing back. Im dissapointed.

But its ok. we were able to examine the evidence for both sides and come up with our own solution. Although some feel the evidence leans towards real and some feel it leans towards fake.

It just goes to show that no matter what, some will believe and some wont.

Ive stated several times in thhis thread, I believe in ghosts, I just dont believe in these videos, and thats true.

anyway, with out the help of the video owner we are forced to make our own decision about athenticity. In the end I feel we have each made a good choice.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Ok well, ya know sometimes silence speaks volumes; the fact he didn't reply tells me it is all a hoax, a fun hoax however.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i have a question, for the believers. i do not mean the casual, "i believe in ghosts" guy, but the ones who have decided this is real footage no matter what they have been presented with so far...what would it take to prove the videos were not paranormal in nature to you? i am just curious if there is anything short of the maker himself admitting it in person.

just a side thought, i have cats and not dogs. i hadnt even thought about how to try to recreate that part. cats are way harder to work with, they are such divas on set.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
since you said he is still checking his messages, sort of, i thought i would drop him a line and play to his vanity and see if i can get anything.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
since you said he is still checking his messages, sort of, i thought i would drop him a line and play to his vanity and see if i can get anything.

Ok good. I was just thinking about asking if someone would be willing to do just that.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I checked out all three videos, and I must say that they are very impressive, the last one toward the end when he left the camara in the attic was weird.
sandy

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's fake, and the guy is a talented video artist. Example, look at the first video very very carefully at 5:23. There's a very subtle fade, where you can tell the video was edited. Stopped and restarted. He stated that it was unedited footage, completely contradicting himself. It's fake. Entertaining, nonetheless. And trust me, I'm not being a skeptic on purpose here, I'm actively involved in a paranormal research group. It's just easy to spot fakery when you use common sense. And really, who carries a video camera around with them everywhere in the house, especially when you're looking for your hiding dog?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Spooky first time 'round but so completely LAUGHABLE after that! The sorrowful 1930's music - (I can almost hear the victrolas' crank!) was a nice touch: A+ for effort! This guy must have a lot of time on his hands!

First clip:Pause and enlarge the area in front of the closet and above and through the dog cage to inspect the obvious pixel manipulation. In fact - it can been seen WITHOUT enlargement as a linear yellowed area.

Leering eyes and Shadow clip: Enlargement reveals ERASED eyes and smudge lines and an entire crouching mass to the left of the open door has been erased with cloning (which is also very noticeable without enlargement - lots of motion in the paint of that wall-watch it again and see).

FEARFUL ANIMALS?What animal appreciates anything being pointed at them whilst hiding under a bed? Our pets hate our video camera!

My son and I had a great laugh! No one could take this seriously!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am really disappointed that it appears that digital video manipulation was behind this guy's vids. I too emailed him via youtube, and never got a reply. That speaks volumes doesn't it? But was a total a$$hole the guy must be. I am a genuine searcher with an open mind, and I have wasted so much time looking at his vids and wondering whether they are incontrovertible proof of psy effects or poltergeists or whatever.
Has anyone seen the vids of the young guy "tapsbetch" on youtube? What do you think?

For instance:

www.youtube.com...

I wrote him offering to pay for testing equipment etc; no reply. I think guys like this, fakers, a$$holes, need some bad karma sent their way. It's audacious, mean, and offensive. I would never trick another person like this.

Then again, maybe tapsbetch is the real thing. Any opinions?

Thanks!
Adrian

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

My son and I had a great laugh! No one could take this seriously!

Id have to agree that it seems hard to believe that its real. Some of the people in this thread still do though.

I never did hear back from this guy. We have uncovered the fact that he makes short movies and I have no reason to believe that this isnt another one.

I must say I am proud at how big this thread has become.

I wonder though, does anyone else have an opinion that they would like to share about these three videos? If so speak up.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

No opinion, but disappointed nothing has come up about these videos. Curiosity still remains on how he made those videos. I say "How" because I still do not believe they are real due to a lot of inconsistencies in the 3 clips.

[edit on 14/10/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.

No opinion, but disappointed nothing has come up about these videos. Curiosity still remains on how he made those videos. I say "How" because I still do not believe they are real due to a lot of inconsistencies in the 3 clips.

[edit on 14/10/08 by LI(f)E.]

Yes, I agree. I was very dissapointed myself that this guy couldnt even bother to write me back. I can understand if he doesnt want to come in here and talk to us, but he could have atleast told me that.

I would love to know how he made them as well. I find them fun to watch.

I too do not believe they are real. The fact that he is a known film maker put me over the top.

anyhow, any and all opinions are welcome here folks. IF anyone has uncovered any more evidence one way or the other, post it. I would love to see it.

Or if you just have an opinion, I would love to hear it!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hey everone!, Just stopped by to check out the old thread. I was curious. has anyone else tried to contact kshizzle27 besides me?

obviously I have had no luck. He has never responded to me. I wonder though. If anyone else has tried or if they are willing to try.

Mabye if more than one person writes to kishizzle and shows interest in learning about his videos then he would respond.

If you are willing to, here is a link to his youtube page. Write him a message. let him know that the members of the best website in the world want to know about the videos.

www.youtube.com...

Above is the link to his youtube page. Write him. let him know we want to hear from him.

If he writes back let us know what he says, if not, let us know that he hasnt written back.

Dust

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
These videos are fakes, and he's done lots of others

www.youtube.com... for example ..

He has a daughter he features in some of them, I think the poltergeist thing was a specific series where he didn't include her, probably because she was assisting .. but in the videos where she is featured, her acting is very poorly done... and she ruins it ..

His production values are good, he has some editing skills .. and I've seen some examples where he's used visual effects to make it look like his girl's face was being distorted into a creature ..

Bottom line - they are fake, and he puts a lot of effort into production .. maybe he's a visual effects guy toying around in his off time, maybe he's an aspiring film maker trying to get some cred by creating a viral video ..

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I read online somewhere...very possibly on snopes, but I can't remember exactly, that this was already an admitted hoax. The guy was/is an aspiring film maker and these videos were some project or something.

I thought the videos were entertaining in the least, especially the video with the subtle "shadow" that moves into the room with the "eyes" in it. Those two points of light are a drawing point. It makes the viewer focuse there almost on a subconscious level. Then when you see the shadow come in, it's appears immediately with no fade in like they used to do on old TV shows. If you pay attention to when that shadow moves you can easily see that it's actually footage of a person walking into the room that has been underlayed into the video or masked.

As for the dogs, in my personal experience, you can get a dog to do whatever you want. Each dog has it's own triggers but with mine, just setting the camera up will get her excited because she likes to have her picture taken. Holding an iron, just holding it, or a stick or bottle makes my dog react in a scared manner and she'll back up or hide. If my brother or my dad comes into the room and pretends that they're going to hit me, she'll jump up and start barking and the fur on her back stands up.

All of these things can be done in complete silence, and I know it's not only my dog that can be manipulated this way.

It's cute, but it's fake.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dogs are actually easily freaked out in certain conditions.

My grandfathers dog would do the exact same thing and would also hide under the bed all he had to do was raise his hand in the air due to the fact before he sobered up he use to beat the thing.

Sound effects added in for the door if it was making a racket the Rottweiler would have walked over to it instead of just laying there in the first video looking like it didn't give a ....

The bucket is an easy one to see if you know what to look for his right leg pulls a line on the floor causing the bucket to fall.

I think all the other stuff has been exposed not to mention by now he admitted it was all fake.

Edit I know the other video's had a black dog but the first one looked like it was a Rottweiler although I could be wrong.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
There's nothing here that cannot be staged.

In the first one, the dogs are looking at something off camera, it could just as easily be the owner. Why didn't they come back in when the door opened and shut? they would have heard that and would be interested.
It could easily be done with wire.

The second one looks like some clever home-made CGI and wire to me. He's standing in the hall, you can see his shadow on the wall right before he comes back in. I'd guess he was standing there holding a wire to move the picture frame.

The third one; how do we now that under this bed isn't usually where that dog feels comfortable? Pets have their favorite places.
You can teach a dog to do a lot, just by hand gestures.

My one reason why the dogs reactions cannot be used as some kind of evidence is because they are always looking at something behind the camera. If they are willing to sit there and watch what's going on behind the camera in the first video, they'd certainly be back in the room to see who is coming in through the attic door.

I think it's fake. And I really hope that one day he sees something on his little camera that wasn't planned and completely freaks him out.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sorry... not buying into this. Camera positioning seems rather convenient.... especially to pick up the paper towels getting pulled towards the couch. Everything else looks easily faked. Even the dogs.

There are a couple of objects in my home that my dog apparently finds terrifying. I could pretty much make him act scared if I needed him to. A mask is a very real possibility... and a good idea as an explanation.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join