It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ok, more inspection on the video less talked about.

First thing ive noticed, especially on the close up part of the video, is that near the floor to the left of the door, as the shadow walked past, that area seems to darken, and its disappears as quickly as the shadow does.
Kinda suggests that the "ghost" is casting a shadow on the floor.

Also, if you look close enough you can actually see the shadow on the floor resemble a foot..if u keep looking at that part of the floor and keep playing that part back, you will see how the shadow does look like someone walking across.

Unfortunately i cant capture video from youtube so i cant show which part im talking about.

Also, I might add...and it might be nothing, but the 2 lights inside that room (the door knob or whatever people think it might be) if you watch that closely, you see it darken completely as the shadow walks past, then you can see the 2 lights again, and almost as soon as you can see them again, they dim. I find that a bit strange. As if the lighting in the room changed from when the scene was cut in editing maybe? I dont know.

What i find even more strange that the shadow, which IS transparent, fully darkens/blocks the 2 lights yet the door frame and the rest can see be seen when it walks in front of them.
If the ghost is transparent, then the lights should dim, not blacken out. The close up slows it better.

In my mind theres no doubt this was edited with someone walking past and being edited to look like a ghost.

[edit on 4/8/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

it seems like there may be many cuts but there is also the fact that there are so many windows in there. the light is not controlled and so many of todays cameras, no matter how much auto you turn off, still make their own adjustments to try to make things perfect for you. you may be on to something.
i am havng trouble seeing this shadow by the door. can anyone point it out? i am sure it is me since it was mentioned several times but hey, i miss alot of stuff. i just caught the two most obvious problems.

Respectfully, I am surprised you and some others cannot see this human-shape shadow on the attic door. I saw it clearly the first time and I even see an "arm" rattling the door knob vigorously. Sorry I don't know how to post a still of it but trust me it's there. The best I can do is tell you the shadowing occurs between 1:35 and 1:45 most clearly.

To those who would try to debunk these videos, is it because you flatly do not believe in poltergeists? Or do you believe in them but just think this particular video is a hoax? Just curious.......

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

To those who would try to debunk these videos, is it because you flatly do not believe in poltergeists? Or do you believe in them but just think this particular video is a hoax? Just curious.......

Well I cant speak for every one else, But I DO believe in ghosts/polterguists, having seen some myself.

I just think the videos are a fake/hoax.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Respectfully, I am surprised you and some others cannot see this human-shape shadow on the attic door. I saw it clearly the first time and I even see an "arm" rattling the door knob vigorously. Sorry I don't know how to post a still of it but trust me it's there. The best I can do is tell you the shadowing occurs between 1:35 and 1:45 most clearly.

i believe in all kinds of things. my mind is quite open. unfortunately, this guy is a bad actor and that tipped me off right away, then there is the fact that the audio and testimony support one long shot when it is clearly edited. that has nothing to do with ghosts in general. sorry if you feel personally hurt by that. i am not calling ghosts fake, just this video. if by the time i get home tonight, noone has posted any stills for you, i will grab some and send and maybe you can highlight or circle what you mean. i dont think anyone is arguing that you do not see it. just i do not see it. but i am more than willing to be shown.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Very well put re22666.

Also just out of curiosity, how does your video look so far?

Im checking youtube right now to see if kshizzle27 has sent me a message......

UGH, nope.

Well, re22666 mabye your video will give us a decent explanation as to how its done. Cant wait!

[edit on 4-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Very well put re22666.

Also just out of curiosity, how does your video look so far?

Im checking youtube right now to see if kshizzle27 has sent me a message......

UGH, nope.

Well, re22666 mabye your video will give us a decent explanation as to how its done. Cant wait!

gosh, now i feel pressure. i am gonna try, havent gotten anywhere yet. like i said, im no professional so dont get your hopes up too much. i just know i can recreate at least what i propose was done, but im also pretty busy, and a procrastinator, and i waste all this damn time reading ATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

Oh I'm not hurt, I was just being sincere, maybe my monitor is clearer or something but take another look starting at 1:35, first vid, maybe another person's monitor? I'm just hanging out like you, I'm not sure if this guy is an actor or it's for real. I just know that shadowing is there and maybe he blanked the person out somehow. It is odd the guy isn't around, I sent him a youtube message several days ago telling him about our debate, still no answer.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

haha. No pressure meant buddy.

take your time.

I might even try to reproduce a couple things seen on the videos as well. If I do it will be at least Thursday before i can start.

I have an idea about how to make the papertowels move. I could mabye figure out how to rig something up to fall like it did in the attic scene.

I have a dog and could probably get him to look at something off camera. I could probably reproduce the look of fear in the dogs eyes but I dont want to. Id feel bad if I scared my dog on purpose

yeah, I think im going to try to make one too. But like I said, I wont even be able to start untill Thursday the 7th.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hey, I do see what your talking about. id take a screenshot, but Im not a place where im really supposed too. Im not even supposed to be on here right now. If its not up by thursday I will put one up then.

The "shadow" of what is holding the door is really faint so I might have to invert the colors in hopes that it would become more visible.

If anyone else has the time. Do a screenshot around 1:37.

otherwise you may have to wait untill thursday afternoon.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Well I cant speak for every one else, But I DO believe in ghosts/polterguists, having seen some myself.

I just think the videos are a fake/hoax.

I have, ABSOLUTELY, experienced a ghost myself, so yes I do believe in them. There are just too many things that jump out about these videos.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

same here. There are just too many things that could be faked. So many things that stand out.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by re22666

Oh I'm not hurt, I was just being sincere, maybe my monitor is clearer or something but take another look starting at 1:35, first vid, maybe another person's monitor? I'm just hanging out like you, I'm not sure if this guy is an actor or it's for real. I just know that shadowing is there and maybe he blanked the person out somehow. It is odd the guy isn't around, I sent him a youtube message several days ago telling him about our debate, still no answer.

i will definitely look again when i get home tonight but i believe you all see, im not saying it aint there, i just hadnt seen it yet. now i have a better time frame to aim at. it would even make sense if he did the door the same way as the paper towel roll. the way i think anyway, for there to be a shadow or outline or something. maybe he was testing what he could do. if i were faking that part of the video, i would have just put a buddy inside to rattle the knob and release the catch then duck back, then i would do the rest with fishing line. just seems easier to me but then it is all just my hypothesis anyway so what am i rambling on about. if i cant find it i will put some stills up or something and maybe someone can highlight it or circle it or something tonight.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Does anyone else agree with the possibility that, assuming there is a human-like shadow on the door, and there is a shadow of an arm rattling the door knob, that it could be a real entity shadow and not necessarily techno chango?

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey the boss is out so I had a chance to get some screen shots of what bombeni has seen.

Hers the first.

Its really hard to see, but there did appear to mabye be something (someone) holding the door knob.

Here is one with the colors inverted.

You can sort of see something. I highlighted the area in question.

one more.

again inverted the color and highlighted the area in question.

This is what bombeni was seeing. I must add that it is easier to see it in the video itself.

There ya go bombeni. I hope this helps you.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As far as what I saw between 1:35 and 1:45, I think it could be a similar effect used in the video with the shadow going through the door.

But I dont know. I hope my previous post helps you out bombeni.

And like I said. Im going to make a video of my own and try to reproduce what was seen on the videos. But I cant get started untill Thursday.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes i see it. Not so much as a arm, but i can see where the area around the door knob, at the moment it starts rattling, theres blurriness in that area. Although I would think that editing out someone from that side of the door would be a lot harder to do.

Ive also noticed at 2:04 Roughly, when the door starts to close a little bit then stops, the whole image/room gets blurry, then there a sharp stop (almost like a cut in the video) where it becomes clear again. It does the same thing again when the door moves again then stops.. Possible edit? Probably has been mentioned before.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes i see it. Not so much as a arm, but i can see where the area around the door knob, at the moment it starts rattling, theres blurriness in that area. Although I would think that editing out someone from that side of the door would be a lot harder to do.

Ive also noticed at 2:04 Roughly, when the door starts to close a little bit then stops, the whole image/room gets blurry, then there a sharp stop (almost like a cut in the video) where it becomes clear again. It does the same thing again when the door moves again then stops.. Possible edit? Probably has been mentioned before.

Yeah, I imagine that editing it out would prove to be tough, but not impossible. I dont know.

I agree that it didnt appear to be an arm neccasarily that was moving the door knob but I highlighted what I think bombeni was trying to point out.

I have seen several possible cuts/edits. re22666 posted a clip either of the papertowel being thrown. and when sped up you can see there was a cut. The camera was moved just slightly.

and as usual, no word from kshizzle27....

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

i kinda see it now. i guess i am only good at spotting the obvious ones
that is curious since that seems like the more difficult way to go, but he could have just been experimenting to see how the effect worked on something simple before going bigger, until everyone left comments that it was a hoax right away under it on youtube. i made some crazy stuff just to try stuff out that would have made less sense than another way of achieving that effect. but i am just speculating from my amateaur chair here. i can't believe with all the supposed CGI experts i see on some other threads that there aren't more people here that would have some expert say.

and maybe it really is an entity, who knows. but then why edit the hell out of the tape and pretend you didnt?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by re22666]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
reply to post by Bombeni

i kinda see it now. i guess i am only good at spotting the obvious ones
that is curious since that seems like the more difficult way to go, but he could have just been experimenting to see how the effect worked on something simple before going bigger, until everyone left comments that it was a hoax right away under it on youtube. i made some crazy stuff just to try stuff out that would have made less sense than another way of achieving that effect. but i am just speculating from my amateaur chair here. i can't believe with all the supposed CGI experts i see on some other threads that there aren't more people here that would have some expert say.

and maybe it really is an entity, who knows. but then why edit the hell out of the tape and pretend you didnt?

[edit on 8/5/2008 by re22666]

I still dont think its real. I think that its possible that the effect used to create the shadow walking through the door could be the same effect used to cover up the guy moving the door knob. Only he blurred himself out more extensively. I dont know.

I cant wait until Thursday to get started trying to reproduce the videos. I have some ideas and it should prove fun.

And, (say it with me) still no word from kshizzle27...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am saying not fake, because my buddies house had the same occurances and more. Doors opening and shutting before your eyes, tv volume going from off the max, vcr tape shooting out of the vcr, stuff being knocked off his dresser, footsteps in the room, bed shacking, and something punching the bottom of his mattress. And yes i was there and witnessed all of this in one night.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join