It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Let's see....

He's a film maker, one of those films was a horror story, he's disappeared off YouTube and won't respond to emails, there are obvious flaws in the videos....

And still the debate continues.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would agree based on the circumstances that the first vid is a fake except for the fact that the rottweiler's eye movement is behind the movement of the other dog. Unless the rottweiler is a 'tard or is functionally blind then his reaction to movement would be identical. If you download the vid and watch their eyes, at times they momentarilly don't even coincide, very strange. The film has no tell tale signs of altering.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Let's see....

He's a film maker, one of those films was a horror story, he's disappeared off YouTube and won't respond to emails, there are obvious flaws in the videos....

And still the debate continues.

Its kind of funny isnt it.

I think this thread has become less of a "Is this VIDEO real" thread and more of a " are ghosts real" thread.

whether your are a believer or a skeptic its real hard to convince someone to think the opposite of what they already think.

I personally believe in ghosts. I however do NOT believe in these videos.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I personally believe in them, too. That's why videos like these really tick me off

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I hate to admit it but from experience I would authenticate these vid's. I dislike being a fool and even more give credit to anything untangible, but this guy is either a extremely fine film maker or these are credible videos. Right about now I can get a sense of who is who on this website. Before you discount these as fakes please represent your skepticism with some validation.
I have history and a desire not to validate most of the things I see here but these should be examined by you so called experts

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bDaedal4ever
I hate to admit it but from experience I would authenticate these vid's. I dislike being a fool and even more give credit to anything untangible, but this guy is either a extremely fine film maker or these are credible videos. Right about now I can get a sense of who is who on this website. Before you discount these as fakes please represent your skepticism with some validation.
I have history and a desire not to validate most of the things I see here but these should be examined by you so called experts

Not to be rude, but you didnt read the thread did you?

You might want to skim through the thread and see for your self that we did give these videos a fair shake.

Also, look back at page 13 where I posted a link to a website that has other movies by him.He even has cameos in them.

Here, so you dont have to search for it I will provide another link

www.foro-embarazada.com...

I want to point out that I DO believe in ghosts. I just dont believe in these videos.

Once again, mabye skim through the whole thread and see that we did give these videos a fair shake. We provided evidence that these videos are real and we provided evidence that they are fake.

In the end, fake won out.

By the way. Welcome to ATS. I just realized you are new. Im always glad to to see new members. I hope you enjoy the website. I think you will.

peace friend

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No insult intended but the comment about winning or losing

In the end, fake won out

is incorrect as nothing here is won or lost but maybe proven or disproven, which does not apply here.
As for skimming through the last 8 or 9 pages I did and read the first 4 or 5 entirely. You can believe what you want but I am not without my merits and as far as being new, it means nothing to me as a perspective.
Thank you for your invitation.

[edit on 28/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

[edit on 28/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bDaedal4ever
No insult intended but the comment about winning or losing

In the end, fake won out

is childish as nothing here is won or lost but maybe disproven, which does not apply here.
As for skimming through the last 8 or 9 pages I did and read the first 4 or 5 entirely. You can believe what you want but I am not without my merits and as far as being new, it means nothing to me as a perspective.
Thank you for your invitation.

First , dont get me wrong. I wasnt trying to imply that your being new meant that your perspective was some how lower than mine. Because that is simply not true. Your perspective is just as good as anyone elses. I was merely welcoming you to ATS, as it is the polite thing to do...

I think you will see, If you havent already, that most people on this site will give you a fair shake no matter what.

As far as my saying "fake won out" I could rephrase it if it helps. Let me say it like this , In my opinion there was far more and far better evidence that the videos were faked.

also since you did read the most of the thread and skim through the rest I would like to apologise as I was wrong. My mistake.

Peace friend

[edit on 28-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
hi im interested in this kind of stuff ghosts ect after some strange things appeared in some pics i have taken inside and outside my house i have posted some pics on my myspace page just to see what other people think of them, the weird thing is my house was built in 1995 with no history of anybody passing away it was built on land that was used as cow fields so im at a loss. in some pics in the house i have been getting orbs so i went outside to see if i could possibly get them as well. so i started asking for them to show and i started taking pics and they did in one pic they look like they are coming out of the ground and ascending into the sky. they dont appear in every pic my wife and i take but once we started getting things we just always started taking pictures it was like they were/are attracted to the camera. then we stopped getting things in our pics for a while and a few days ago i was taking pics of my daughter and there was another, in my mind it was shaped like a skull. we actually think the idea of having something with us in the house is cool, it may sound crazy but any way please check out the pics i posted on my myspace page under
jason marshall zip 37150, im new to myspace so i havent really learned everything about it yet. thanks in advance and please let me know your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bDaedal4ever

Why would you authenticate these videos?

I'll give you my very non-expert reason why I think they are fakes:

1) When the door opens and closes, you can tell that it does not do so in a fluid motion, but rather in a stilted manner. Film proteges have labeled this as a classic sign of stop-motion technique. Furthermore, the door does not have any type of counter-swing motion about it, meaning, if you push a door, you'd expect it to swing away, and then come back just a bit from inertia. In the video, the door choppily swings (hard) to one position and then is dead still.

2) The paper towel. It's just too convenient that this prop is left on a coffee table, and that it's left positioned in such a way where one end is hanging off the table, for me to believe this stunt.

3) The position of the camera itself. The guy just happened to set a camera facing exactly where the activity was going to occur.

4) The radio distortion. This is simply overkill. I do believe in ghosts, and I actually watch Ghost Hunters and believe most of what they experience. Through dozens of shows, nothing they have encountered has been as definitive as this video. That's part of why I in fact believe in the honesty of the show. So it's simply too much for me that paper towels go flying, doors go slamming, random noises behind the camera occur--oh, and the radio flickers in and out of distortion in syncopation.

5) The reaction of the dogs. Although others here claim that the dogs' reactions seemed to prove the authenticity of these videos, I disagree. The dogs were not growling, howling, or backing away. They were watching something (someone) behind the camera. At one point one dog yawns. 'Nuff said.

6) According to other posters, this guy is a film maker. (If that doesn't ring some bells, I don't know what will). Furthermore, one of his projects was a horror piece.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth[/i

Not to be rude, but you didnt read the thread did you?

You might want to skim through the thread and see for your self that we did give these videos a fair shake.

Also, look back at page 13 where I posted a link to a website that has other movies by him.He even has cameos in them.

Here, so you dont have to search for it I will provide another link

www.foro-embarazada.com...

I want to point out that I DO believe in ghosts. I just dont believe in these videos.

Once again, mabye skim through the whole thread and see that we did give these videos a fair shake. We provided evidence that these videos are real and we provided evidence that they are fake.

In the end, fake won out.

By the way. Welcome to ATS. I just realized you are new. Im always glad to to see new members. I hope you enjoy the website. I think you will.

peace friend

OH man. bDaedal4ever just put me on his/her foe list for the above statement. Now im sad

Ohwell I put him/her on my friend list.

Now back on topic...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Why do I think they are real are the same reasons you think they are fake. Door motion - no detectable edit, dogs eyes do not match each others motion exactly - using there ears, I am still analyzing the sound for discrepencies or some other sign of forgery or not, the guy is very amateur in his video skills - no disrespect intended, the situation is very similar to my own and I do not give credit to any other story with much the same regard as you are giving my findings on these.
I understand it is hard to see truth in these videos but I like to think I am also more prone to debunking than accepting. I also have a good degree of computer related skills in all areas.
My first post on the first vid was it's a fake. Watch the paper towel in full screen and slow motion. It spins very fast and changes trajectory and manages to keep itself wrapped and repositions itself without disturbing any pixel in any frame. An immense amount of video edit would be required for all those corrections necessary and he does not look to be in posession of a large studio or access to it's equipment. To those who think what I am saying is easy, you couldn't make a fake video close to this with your photoshop or edit software and need years/decades of CGI experience. Also very hard to put the reflection in the coffee table to match.

[edit on 29/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

[edit on 29/7/08 by bDaedal4ever]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

The first video(evil trolley of death) solves the mystery ( if you can call it that) for me.... How about everyone else?

I was going to search myself but you did such a great job for us all. the trolley of death was just great. One of the funniest little films ever. I think that pretty much does it for me. He is a film maker experimenting. at least the dogs are better actors, or maybe just take direction better. well i still think this is an interesting thread and im kinda bummed it is solved already but, at least im not the only one to call bad acting anymore.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Why would you need years of editing/CGI experience to close a door, flip a paper towel roll, and show a bucket fall over?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

that is some of the funniest crap i have ever heard. even people with years and years of cgi experience say that you are insane about having to be a major talent with time and money to pull of that paper towel trick. so i am interested. just how are you analyzing the audio for inconsistancies and edits? please explain to us the entire process by which you will determine the sound quality. i only ask because based on your post, it takes a crew of hundreds and years of study to turn a light switch.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

The first video(evil trolley of death) solves the mystery ( if you can call it that) for me.... How about everyone else?

I was going to search myself but you did such a great job for us all. the trolley of death was just great. One of the funniest little films ever. I think that pretty much does it for me. He is a film maker experimenting. at least the dogs are better actors, or maybe just take direction better. well i still think this is an interesting thread and im kinda bummed it is solved already but, at least im not the only one to call bad acting anymore.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by re22666]

It doesnt have to be over. If you find another video you can post it here and see what everyone makes of it.

I still havent heard from the video creator so I probably never will. But yeah, post a video you find if you want.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
TOO all the debunkers off this theads..

1. thing no one has explaned is at video 3 at the attic.. after the CAN moves or what.. he run down and it became dark.. A Gitar is beging trow up on the boxes where the CAN stood !!! EXPLANE HOW HE DID THAT ???

maybe Ghost or it is FAKE... BUT i am sick off REading most off all your Post.. PROOF Me worng about must off the stuff show me ! HOW EASY It is tooo fake the DOOR and the papir roll on the table.. ANd it is too all who says ! PICE OF CAKE !

never seen a Ghost but i like some real proff that this ís FAKE or else it CAN BE REAL
KADARA_dk

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadara_dk
TOO all the debunkers off this theads..

1. thing no one has explaned is at video 3 at the attic.. after the CAN moves or what.. he run down and it became dark.. A Gitar is beging trow up on the boxes where the CAN stood !!! EXPLANE HOW HE DID THAT ???

maybe Ghost or it is FAKE... BUT i am sick off REading most off all your Post.. PROOF Me worng about must off the stuff show me ! HOW EASY It is tooo fake the DOOR and the papir roll on the table.. ANd it is too all who says ! PICE OF CAKE !

never seen a Ghost but i like some real proff that this ís FAKE or else it CAN BE REAL
KADARA_dk

I dont have proof that its fake, just alot of evidence. I wont mention all the evidence again since youve already heard it.

Something I noticed about the attic scene is that we never actually see this guy leave the attick. We are given the impression that he has. But we never actually see him go down the stairs.

We also are never treated to a full view of whats behind that brick pillar. Its possible that someone could be hiding back there ready to trigger some type of hidden mechanism that knocks the can over.

As far as the lights being switched off. There never switched off when they are within view of the camera so it is certainly possible that a person is back there turing it off. Same with the second light. The camera gets moved out of view the the light before it gets turned off.

one more thing, Keep in mind that the above is just speculation on my part. But the fact that we now know he is a film maker is not. He Is a film maker and this is one of his films.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666

you obviously haven't talked to anyone with any CGI experience who has studied the frames to detect editing anomolies. You are just making statements which are obviously incorrect. As far as the sound, there is a discrepency that you can get your experts to view on their software but I doubt you know or have spoken to any
frame time begins and ends:
00:02:49.543 - 00:02:49:633
It coincidently occurs just before the camera loses focus momentarily. It might be something to with the household current fluctuating but it is odd that the two events do not coincide exactly. Film maintains consistency during audio drop down(never really goes out).

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
How come everyone continues to ignore the fact that he is a film maker and that these videos are in a list of short movies made by him?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join