It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeats23Therefore, I find it hard to swallow that this guy, who authentically cares for his dogs would then intentionally scare her just to fake a video. If the video's a fake, he's a jerk. If he scared his dog, on purpose, to fake it, he's a giant jerk.

Yes he does seem to love his dogs, which is probably one of the reasons why he had them star in teh video but...

If you got home and one of your dogs was "missing" and you had to search under beds and all, would you take a video camera with you and record as you look for them? Heck no.

If they were so traumatized they would not come out for 45 minutes, would you still have the stupid video recorder on them when they FINALLY came out? Instead of petting them and comforting them?

Its a fake. And yes he intentionally scared that dog. And yes the radio thing is common, one reason why it works is because it blocks out some of the outdoor noise. Keeps them from barking a lot too.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The first video was very convincing,but the other two I had a hard time beleiving they were real.I beleive very strongly in the existance of ghosts,but those last two videos just seemed fake to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
About the videos: definitely BS, as every video about paranormal. the idea to use the dogs to make it more "credible" is totally lame.

if there are any people reading this who have done paranormal investigations proffesionally. If so what is your professional opinion?

professionally paranormal investigation... professionally opinion?

And where are they from? Hogwarts ?

oh my, wake up people, wake up, please.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
For those saying the video it's real because of the dogs... Have you ever owned a dog, cat, or domestic pet?

The dogs, are scared from many reasons, most of them depending on their experiences:

-when they do something wrong, broke something, or do something they know the master don't want to, (when I come back home, and they did something wrong, they go under the bed by themselves, no need of poltergeist stuff)

Come on, is this so hard to fake? It's enough watching my dog in the eyes showing him I'm angry for what he did, to let him going under the bed or get him scared.

-from particular objects: (how about a bat?), cleaning electric and noisy tools, and many objects depending on their experiences in the house. they are scared a lot. Also they fear those tools even you haven't turned them on. No so paranormal, it's real stuff.

-expecially when they are left alone, they make doggish stuff to show their resentment, and when you are back, they already know they did something wrong, and sometimes auto-punish themselves going under the bed. nothing paranormal here too.

Specially if the master is not the nicest person out there, and often threaten or shout to them, it's easy stuff to achieve what's in the video.

make them watching to a particular point, it's so easy and silly stuff i'm not talking about.

And this is about the dogs.

About the rest of the video: nothing new, same BS as all the other poltergeist/ghost/demons/ out there.

Some of you really need to read something about video editing, photoshop, and image manipulation and what can be done with them. It appears you believe every BS is posted out there.

Sorry for bad English, I don't speak it very well.

regards

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I lived in a house where exactly the same sort of phenomena went on. I hope you have better luck than we did, because that was twenty five yrs ago, and we are still haunted, not in a scary way, but they are still here. But back when we first encountered them, it was terrifying, and I witnessed exactly the same phenomena. The closet door slamming closed the last inch or two gave me goosebumps, I seen that as I was walking by my own closet one day. Scared me to death.

The stuff flying around up in the attic, been there done that, and I was down the stairs just as fast as him with no more valor than him either lol. You just don't know how you will react to something out of the ordinary like that until it happens. Once it does you never look at the world in quite the same way.

Like I said, we later gained a familiarity with these spirits. We know of two and maybe three or more. Probably more if my instincts are good. More later, but I have to get ready for work now. I need to read the thread, all I had time to do was watch the vids and reply.

I know you meant well, but this is not my personal footage. This is footage that I found on youtube that someone else put up.

Not to be rude, but you would have known that had you read the thread. Mabye next time wait untill you have the time to read the thread before posting.

Peace friend

[edit on 26-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
First off, i do believe this to be a staged fake.
Having lived in a house with this kind of activity for almost 23 years, I must say though, that he did get alot of stuff right with the way things move and react. The maker of this video did his homework imo.

1. the way the door moves and sounds- many a time over the years i experienced that kind of activity and he got it right. the rattling handle followed by quick sporadic movement followed by small pauses then another rattling and quick sporadic movement..almost like whatever is causing the movement needs to rest to work up the energy to physically manipulate the object.

2. the way the paper towel roll moves- i've had many experiences with this kind of phenomenon. its always a quick powerful force that causes these kind of objects to move. Like the object is being slapped by an invisible hand. never did i see anything move with a slow contstant force but always with a quick slapping type force that caused something to be flipped,flung or slid.

3. the banging and pounding sounds- we heard these in my house at least a few times a week. these sounds would start...and we'd run to where they sounded like they were coming from and they would stop. we'd look around to no avail and go back to what we were doing. once we got settled back into whatever it was we were doing the sounds would start up again. you could try and trick them and just wait outside the room but it never worked. you could stand there for an hour and nothing. but shortly after u went back to another room and sat in front of the tv or sat for dinner then bam..they'd start back up.

4. the way the light switches were manipulated in this video- we'd be sitting doing whatever and the lights would go on and off. you could actually sit there and see and hear the light switch moving and clicking, be it the kind of switch u flipped up and down or the kind u turn. Same with the tv. back in those days u had to turn a knob to turn on the tv. you could actually see/hear the knob on the tv moving.

I watched these videos with a VERY skeptical mind beings they came off of youtube but was impressed with the way he got alot of the things right. In fact...if it werent for the dogs and their reactions i would have been inclined to believe the 1st video as real. The correlation between the way the objects in the video were manipulated and my real life experiences were almost freaky. The dogs however spoiled it. I had 2 dogs when i grew up in my moms house and they reacted nowhere near the way the dogs in this video reacted to such activity.
When my dogs were around for some door movement activity they would perk up when the rattling started and whimper or growl but the instant the door would slam with no one around it...they HAULED ass out of the room. not a casual walking away but a full on flee for your life sprint out of the room!
any time any sort of activity went on or right before it began, the dogs would be agitated and pace the floor or thier ears would perk up and they would be VERY alert and come sit on top of us. The dogs in these videos just seem a little too relaxed with the situation it seems to me from my experiences.

Any way, thats my take on these videos. A very well researched and planned hoax that just went a TAD too far to make them believable. The devil is in the details. Very well done though, ill give him props for that.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok that posting of "Fake" all huge like that, thats an EYESORE and totally uncalled for, you should have points TAKEN away for that RUDE behavior.
Get Over yourselves.

Anyways, Since all of you are such experts in string pulling. Why dont you go recreate that??

Get a string, and pull a paper towel so that it flips 3 times. Show us your video of how you can pull a string connected to a papertowel roll and make it FLIP 3 TIMES like that.

Your gonna make wild claims that its possible; so PROVE it to me that its possible. Right now i think if you Pulled a stright it would just pull the paper towel with NO flips at all.

I swear so many of you skeptics dont even have reasonable explanations to back up your skepticism.

Do i think the video is real? How would I know? I wasnt there.

But I wanna know how you people can claim its fake without being there either? HOW?

Maybe your just as gullible as the believers but oppisite side of the same coin of gullibility??

The ONLY reasonable intellectual point of view is "I dont know I wasn't there!"
Get a grip for real.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey guys, Just to let you all know, I still have not heard back from the video owner. I will send him one more email, and hopefully he will write back soon.
If not, Oh well, I am enjoying this thread a whole lot. The debate has been great, It has remained civil and lots of good points have been made for each side ( Fake or real).

Anyway. Lets keep it going.

Does anyone think they are capable of reproducing what was seen on these videos? If so I want to see your videos. Post them up here and show us how you did it. Im curious to see the different ways you may come up with that this stuff may be created.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i do not understand this argument that the video has to be recreated to be proven a fake. i did not even give the paper towel roll a second thought. the dogs, the bad editing, to BAAAD acting, the convenient camera placements, the convenience of leaving the camera on the one time a ghost shows up. or does he just buy new batteries all the time, they are not cheap. everything about these videos screams fake but that is my opinion. and i have no problem with people thinking it is real, i just do not get this, "recreate the three flips of the paper towel roll" nonsense.
if i go and videotape the moth in my garage. i guarantee you that you cannot recreate that video. you will not get a moth to do those exact movements, in my exact lighting, no matter what you do. not even with cgi. so does that mean that since the moth is real, my cat will confirm that for you, and i really taped it, then you must be able to recreate it somehow? not every thing can be recreted. so why is that a standard of proof at all?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
i do not understand this argument that the video has to be recreated to be proven a fake. i did not even give the paper towel roll a second thought. the dogs, the bad editing, to BAAAD acting, the convenient camera placements, the convenience of leaving the camera on the one time a ghost shows up. or does he just buy new batteries all the time, they are not cheap. everything about these videos screams fake but that is my opinion. and i have no problem with people thinking it is real, i just do not get this, "recreate the three flips of the paper towel roll" nonsense.
if i go and videotape the moth in my garage. i guarantee you that you cannot recreate that video. you will not get a moth to do those exact movements, in my exact lighting, no matter what you do. not even with cgi. so does that mean that since the moth is real, my cat will confirm that for you, and i really taped it, then you must be able to recreate it somehow? not every thing can be recreted. so why is that a standard of proof at all?

Are you talking to me? If so I think you are confused, because I wasnt making an argument.. I never said it HAD to be reproduced to prove it was fake. I asked if anyone thought they could reproduce what was on the tapes. I asked only because I was curious to see how the people of ATS might go about recreating what was seen on these tapes. I asked because I wouldnt have the first clue when it comes to recreating this stuff. No argument was made. Not intentionally anyway

I hope that clears up your confusion.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Are you talking to me? If so I think you are confused, because I wasnt making an argument.. I never said it HAD to be reproduced to prove it was fake. I asked if anyone thought they could reproduce what was on the tapes. I asked only because I was curious to see how the people of ATS might go about recreating what was seen on these tapes. I asked because I wouldnt have the first clue when it comes to recreating this stuff. No argument was made. Not intentionally anyway

Peace!

man, people are defensive here. it was not a direct reply to you was it?
i did not quote you and reply did i?
i did say "around here" right?

ok so befor you go on with your defense, you should have stopped at, "was that directed at me?"

no.

even when im not looking for a fight with anyone in particular, someone on ATS gets defensive. i had no problem with your post. i would have directed it at you, i would have been specific. reading over the whole thing, i see the "recreate" argument put forth as the only realy proof more than a couple of times. i was addressing that. that is why i worded it the wat i did. if you took personal offense, id appologize but im not sure why you thought it was to you anyway so, no need to appologize.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Peace!

man, people are defensive here. it was not a direct reply to you was it?
i did not quote you and reply did i?
i did say "around here" right?

ok so befor you go on with your defense, you should have stopped at, "was that directed at me?"

no.

even when im not looking for a fight with anyone in particular, someone on ATS gets defensive. i had no problem with your post. i would have directed it at you, i would have been specific. reading over the whole thing, i see the "recreate" argument put forth as the only realy proof more than a couple of times. i was addressing that. that is why i worded it the wat i did. if you took personal offense, id appologize but im not sure why you thought it was to you anyway so, no need to appologize.

I wasnt being defensive. I was trying to clear up any possible confusion.

Im sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention. I thought you were referring to me because you asked in your post why a video would need to be reproduced in order to prove it was fake. and in my post. the one right before yours I was asking people to try and reproduce the video.

Once again. I am sorry that I seem to have offended you so deeply.

That was not my intention.

I hope this clears things up my friend

Peace!

By the way. It would be kind of nice to know who it was actually directed at. I hope you now understand why I thought it was directed at me

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

By the way. It would be kind of nice to know who it was actually directed at. I hope you now understand why I thought it was directed at me

seriously? forget it then. if you can post so much, try reading what some of the other people who took the time to read and post here have said. it will not take long at all to find the first person i am referring to. if you keep going, you wil quickly find more. so if your intent is to NOT offend me, how about you dont come back at me when i never addressed you, nor did i even say anything that anyone who READS would confuse with addressing you. i thought you had interesting valid posts. now you want me to prove to you who i was talking about since you first thought it was you and it started this curmuffle? sorry i came to this post. sorry i read what other people wrote. i did not know this was all about you and even though you cannot be bothered to read posts, you read mine and wanted to argue about it.
the funny thing is, i liked all your posts. there were just a couple folks that were acting like brats with this prove it crap and i figured they would know who i was addressing. i thought ANYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD would know who i was talking to. so sorry i posted a thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

seriously? forget it then. if you can post so much, try reading what some of the other people who took the time to read and post here have said. it will not take long at all to find the first person i am referring to. if you keep going, you wil quickly find more. so if your intent is to NOT offend me, how about you dont come back at me when i never addressed you, nor did i even say anything that anyone who READS would confuse with addressing you. i thought you had interesting valid posts. now you want me to prove to you who i was talking about since you first thought it was you and it started this curmuffle? sorry i came to this post. sorry i read what other people wrote. i did not know this was all about you and even though you cannot be bothered to read posts, you read mine and wanted to argue about it.
the funny thing is, i liked all your posts. there were just a couple folks that were acting like brats with this prove it crap and i figured they would know who i was addressing. i thought ANYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD would know who i was talking to. so sorry i posted a thing.

And you have the nerve to call me defensive? Wow. I see no need to continue this on the thread AND through U2U. This has a potential to become an argument and Its really starting to pull my thread off track.

im going to stop this right here before it goes even further off track.

Im sorry you didnt understand that I wasnt not trying to argue, I honestly though that you didnt understand what I said and was trying to help you understand.

Ive apologised to you multiple times now, both on this thread and in U2U. If you choose not to accept thats on you.

I hope you understand that it was not my intention to start an argument.

you may have thought that anyone who read your post would have no problem understanding. But clearly you thought wrong as I misunderstood.

I will apologise once more for misreading your thread. I am also sorry that I sorely offended you for misreading your thread.

Well ive done all I can do. Ive said all I can say.

I hope one day you realize I was only trying to help someone understand something I thought they didnt understand.

Peace my friend. peace

Just wanted to add that from now on lets both of us post only about the thread topic. I dont want to get banned for violating T&C or something.

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ok, so now that were back on track I just want to repeat my question just incase you all might have missed it.

My question was: does anybody think they can reproduce what is seen in these three videos? If so I am curious to see your videos. Im curious to see the many different ways that My fellow ATS members might come up with to reproduce these videos.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
let me just say that i found this thread really interesting in the first place and that is why i was reading it all at once. sorry for replying to people pages back without specifics. it was just a general thing i saw more than few times that i was addressing in general instead of going through name by name or whatever. i am sorry for the confusion. i honestly just meant the jerks that seem so bent on believing that they resorted to saying "then you recreate it. lets see you make the paper towel roll flip 3 times exactly the same way.." and on and on. they are back there. it is a stupid argument.

i really like the idea of asking people to try to recreate the footage and send it in and i eagerly await what folks come up with. i think that is a cool idea. i in no way meant to insult you, that post, or take attention away from your post asking for recreations.

it was two totally seperate issues and i never meant any offense to the OP. nice thread, starred and flagged. and yeah, send in recreations, i cant wait to see them. if i ever get my new graphics card, i will try one.

anyone reading this post, please read gimme some truth's previous post, i kinda stepped on it the first time around so i want to make sure it gets seen.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

let me just say that i found this thread really interesting in the first place and that is why i was reading it all at once. sorry for replying to people pages back without specifics. it was just a general thing i saw more than few times that i was addressing in general instead of going through name by name or whatever. i am sorry for the confusion. i honestly just meant the jerks that seem so bent on believing that they resorted to saying "then you recreate it. lets see you make the paper towel roll flip 3 times exactly the same way.." and on and on. they are back there. it is a stupid argument.

i really like the idea of asking people to try to recreate the footage and send it in and i eagerly await what folks come up with. i think that is a cool idea. i in no way meant to insult you, that post, or take attention away from your post asking for recreations.

it was two totally seperate issues and i never meant any offense to the OP. nice thread, starred and flagged. and yeah, send in recreations, i cant wait to see them. if i ever get my new graphics card, i will try one.

anyone reading this post, please read gimme some truth's previous post, i kinda stepped on it the first time around so i want to make sure it gets seen.

Thanks buddy, thats real nice of you to say that in here.

I just want to say that it really is my fault that the misunderstanding occured in the first place.

Peace my friend. Peace.

im glad we were able to work things out. im going to star each of your posts

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

nah dont be so kind. i dont deserve it. like i said in U2U, if my nerves werent shot from the scary people on the wrong threads, i never would have reacted like that. i was an ass. dont star anything, dont thank me or appologize. get back to an interesting thread about ghosts.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Because in science , to Prove something, you HAVE to recreate it.

Thats part of peer review.

When someone claims to have achieved fusion, other scientists in other labratorys , use the same expierment to see if they get the same results.

If they get the same results, then it reaches the next level.
If they cannot recreate the results, then we have a problem.

You were determining the Validity of said videos purely by Opinion alone.
"Bad Acting" is one of your criteria , just as you said, to determine if a video is fake or real.

Thats a horrible criteria because it is purely subjective and is totally in the realm of Personal Opinion.

Like i said earlier, the only reasonable stance on such claims/videos is "I wouldnt know I wasnt there"

To claim definitively that its fake or real, is totally foolish and presumtive. And a critical mistake in judgement.

That is why I asked for the "paper towel roll " stunt to be recreated, because it would establish the FACT that it is a fake-able phenomena.

And your arguement about the moth doesnt exactly apply to this because a Moth is a natural phenoma, where I am asking for a Human made (allegedly) occurance to be recreated.

Think about the Physics of a Paper towel roll with a string tied to it. Envision what would happen if you pulled the string.
Flipping doesnt appear to be possible from this perspective.

Now, perhaps , if it was faked, he may have used an Alternate method to create this video.
I hope this post helped.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Because in science , to Prove something, you HAVE to recreate it.

Thats part of peer review.

unfortunately that does not apply to video analysis. i understand the scientific method. i also understand recreating video is not science. it is art. you want to see it recreated? what is the budget? thing peter jackson could recreate that clip? or is there a money cap in science to this sort of thing? and like i said. i will go video tape my moth. then when you cannot recreate it, we can all declare that my moth is fake right? based on your long condescending post it is.

and how is a moth any more or less natural than a human. if a moth knocks over the paper towel roll it is natural but if a ghost (human) does it, it is no longer natural? are you kidding me?

[edit on 7/26/2008 by re22666]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join