It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the best ghost footage ive ever seen...or is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was looking through youtube ( Yes, youtube) for EVP's. Eventually my search led me to three videos belonging to a guy claiming to have footage of poltergeist activity. I am usually not impressed with the ghost footage that I see but I was extremely impressed with these videos.

In the videos you see a closet door opening and closing by it self, an orb, the dogs seem to be watching something, things get thrown around. ETC...

The question though is are they real or not? In my humble opinion I find it just a little too convenient that he just happens to leave his camera pointed in the exact spot where the activity takes place.

Whether its fake or not, I find these videos amazing.

So what do you think? Amazing ghost footage or VERY well done fake? Watch the videos and tell me what you think.

EDIT: corrected 2 of the links.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
All these views and no replys? Doesnt anybody have an opinion on these videos?

Hmmm, Mabye its just a slow time of day.

Ohwell I cant wait to hear what everyone has to say about it.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well what i found interesting in one of the clip's was the way the dog's act.

That for me make's it a whole lot more genuine.

Now if there was a guy in the room would the dog's be acting like that ?

Im certain they would be running up to there master.

There are two possible explanation's. One the house has some strange activity going on. Two he has two really well trained dog's and has someone else in the house helping him pull his stunt's.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 22-7-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I agree, the dogs seemed truly afraid of something off camera. I guess im kind of on the fence about the athenticity. On one hand its awfully convienient that camera is always in just the right spot. On the other hand Im not really sure how he could fake something like that.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I still want everybodies opinion but im wondering if there are any people reading this who have done paranormal investigations proffesionally. If so what is your professional opinion?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There are a few way's for example we dont see the radio someone could be manipulating it off screen.

The door could be being pulled on string's by someone up the loft (Note the handle does not move when the door is open)

The kitchen roll on the table well come on let's face it it's not exactly the most heavy of item's a strong fan or some fishing wire could pull or push it like that with great force.

All the stuff in the loft could be explained.

Someone behind the chimney breast throwing thing's.

We dont see the light switch being pulled because again it is in a location off camera.

As for the clip where the camera picks up movement in the dark room well that could be as simple as someone walking from one side to the other.

It can all be explained all accept the way the dog's act.

And i must stress a dog can be trained.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The dogs convinced me. I think it's real. My dog, Sallie Derra is smart. She's a frisbee dog, she does a number of tricks, follows direction very well and in order for me to interact in such a way with Sallie, we have done a LOT of practice and I know my dog extremely well. I watch her mannerisms and the demeanor of her and any dog I come across.

Those dogs in the long video were obviously very spooked. The loud "Thump!" when the dog yipped was obviously the picture hitting the floor (as mentioned by the videoer) and it clearly startled them. Their agitation was evident throughout the whole video.

Now, convincing by the dogs led me to focus on the closet door events. There is a shadow above the door that intrigued me and the picture anomalies between the cage and the door were thinkers too. The orb was interesting.

The dogs are the only thing I'll cop to being convincing. They were scared. Whether or not they were scared of something the filmer set up or not is the question. Entertaining nonetheless.

I'm D/Ling the other one as I write this (stupid dialup...
)

The second one was weird. the picture distortion was odd as well as the opaque figure(???) movement.

I dunno man. The dogs in the first one. That's the only thing I'm going with.

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The dog being too scared to come out from under the bed even after being offered a doggie treat is interesting. I don't think you can train dogs to act scared (look at the dog's eyes, she is definately afraid of something) If my dogs did not respond to having a treat, I would think something was wrong too. The cat also looks scared in the video. I couldn't find any strings and did notice the picture moving when he took the dogs outside. He also ran out of the attic pretty fast, so if he is faking it he is a good actor.
I could not see evidence of trickery, but I don't have the equipment to analyze frame by frame.
Thank you for posting the videos.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
i noticed somethings wrong with the physics of the paper towel role in the first video. It doesn't move the way it should if it was randomly "hit" or "blown" towards the couch. It was almost as if it was "pulled" or "placed" into that particular spot in the corner of the arm of the couch . . .

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee

There are a few way's for example we dont see the radio someone could be manipulating it off screen.

The door could be being pulled on string's by someone up the loft (Note the handle does not move when the door is open)

The kitchen roll on the table well come on let's face it it's not exactly the most heavy of item's a strong fan or some fishing wire could pull or push it like that with great force.

All the stuff in the loft could be explained.

Someone behind the chimney breast throwing thing's.

We dont see the light switch being pulled because again it is in a location off camera.

As for the clip where the camera picks up movement in the dark room well that could be as simple as someone walking from one side to the other.

It can all be explained all accept the way the dog's act.

And i must stress a dog can be trained.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Mabye I misread your first comment, but you seem to have changed your opinion all of a sudden. I though initially you believed it to be real. but reading this comment you seem to think its fake. Did I really misinterprit your first comment that badly?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm freaked out after watching those. hehe

Good thing I saw them during the day.

I am normally skeptical and was looking for signs of off-camera pranksters as well, like with strings and such.

But the fear in the white dog's eyes, that's really hard to fake.

*shrugs*

Not sure what to make of it, other than it's just plain creepy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So far the general consensus seems to be that people think its real because of how the dogs act.

Personally im starting to lean towards fake. I think h3akalee is correct to say that it could be faked reasonably easily. As I stated before its just too convienient that this guy has his camera in just the right spot at just the right time.

But those dogs! I just cant get over that. The dogs truly seem genuine in their fear.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceara
I'm freaked out after watching those. hehe

Good thing I saw them during the day.

I am normally skeptical and was looking for signs of off-camera pranksters as well, like with strings and such.

But the fear in the white dog's eyes, that's really hard to fake.

*shrugs*

Not sure what to make of it, other than it's just plain creepy.

It is creepy isnt it? Ive watched the videos several times now and cant really spot anything incriminating. The only thing I saw that could possibly prove it to be a fake is that closet door opening and closing. It almost looks like the recording is stopped a few times in there. then mabye he pushes the door and edits it so it looks like it opens and closes it self?

I dont know...

The fact that the dogs got up and left the room and the radio stopped untill the door quit moving makes me think that there was something up too.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So far all but one person( two if you include me) seem to think its real.

Are there any other people that think its fake?

If so, why?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The dogs body language in the first one, suggests she is alert, and apprehensive.

Her ears are up and forward.

Her body language suggests fear.

Look at the Cats tail! it is fluffed up, this usually happens when a cat is provoked or annoyed.

Have a look at some body language in cats and dogs on the net (for the unbelievers.)

The second one - awful one- where she is hiding under the bed suggests a dog who is scared, she is whining and can see something, however her master cannot.

Dogs will not act this way on performance, on cue, unless it is a very highly trained animal and has someone off screen using hand signals, or using speech, this clearly isnt happening.

I believe these tapes are Real!!!

*Bloody freaked out now*

[edit on 22-7-2008 by BlackMumba]

[edit on 22-7-2008 by BlackMumba]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I just sent this guy a message on youtube inviting him to join and come discuss his videos here in this thread.

I will let you know what his response is as soon as he writes back...

anyway, those videos are freaky arent they? I just realized that im posting a LOT in this thread. I hope that doesnt bother anyone. Im just so excited to see these videos. anyways.... back on subject now....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well i watched this video and i believe its just a hoax. The 'orb' looks like it has been added into the video after, CGI. So for me the poster of this video has no credibility whatsoever.

Any Photo shop experts agree?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The dogs do look freaked out. The cat looks like it's pissed. it's tail, but for a split second the cat looks like it's hissing and looking at the wall/cabinet.

The first one is interesting when the door opens to the attic. There is a weird gray mass near the base of the door. however it seems like that door was being moved violently. hard to do with strings.

What I find weird is that the dogs don't seem too concerned about the door opening and closing. they stay away from the door, but not too freaked out. that loud bang did scare the more skittish white dog. The paper towel...i don't know.

The guy reacts pretty realistically in the attic, and from experience I can tell you that when a poltergeist does knock something over it happens just like that. I grew up in a haunted house in Los Angeles. on the corner of outpost and castillian. in case you are ever in the area. 3 story spanish style house. Anyways. we had a poltergeist in the house. it wasn't malicious and didn't try to scare anybody. but every now and then it would know things over just like the can in the attic. Like it was suddenly hit by something. Our poltergeist didn't have the force or wasn't as angry as the one in the video though. ever seen one act with that much force. The lights switching on and off were just like how I used to remember.

If you talk to the guy who posted this video on you tube ask him if he's seen objects in the house. small objects like things you would leave on your coffee table or dinning room table. mail, trinkets etc. disappear, only to reappear in the exact same spot a week or so later. This used to happen at my house, paranormal investigators call this phenomena displacement.

The black mass in the bathroom or closet in the video where he takes the dogs out to use the restroom. looks like most of the black masses you'd see on ghost hunters. could point to it being real or he could be using the same trick the ghost hunters pull when they need a black mass to appear. but personally I don't think the ghost hunters are faking those types of shots. maybe some of the moving objects but the black masses seem real.

Interesting that the ghost likes to hang out in the attic. It's said that polergeists often retreat to the least used room in the house. like the attic.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

If you talk to the guy who posted this video on you tube ask him if he's seen objects in the house. small objects like things you would leave on your coffee table or dinning room table. mail, trinkets etc. disappear, only to reappear in the exact same spot a week or so later. This used to happen at my house, paranormal investigators call this phenomena displacement.

The black mass in the bathroom or closet in the video where he takes the dogs out to use the restroom. looks like most of the black masses you'd see on ghost hunters. could point to it being real or he could be using the same trick the ghost hunters pull when they need a black mass to appear. but personally I don't think the ghost hunters are faking those types of shots. maybe some of the moving objects but the black masses seem real.

Interesting that the ghost likes to hang out in the attic. It's said that polergeists often retreat to the least used room in the house. like the attic.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by BASSPLYR]

I will certainly ask him. He hasnt responded to me email yet though. Im hoping he responds soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

No im just trying to be rational by suggesting some possible explanation's that are a little more down to earth.

Please dont be offended by them im just trying to be logical.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join