It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce and the anti christ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
In any of his readings, did Edgar Cayce ever name the anti christ or when he though the antichrist would reveal himself?

There was a discusion on Coast-2-Coast am about the antichrist and who Edgar Cayce might believe the antichrist was, but I never heard of any particular name or where in the world he might be from.

I know there have been several discusions in books but I have never heard any details about who this person would be.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't think anyone will ever risk naming whoever this so called Antichrist is right out.
Because no doubt the person would have some seriously security issues afterwards.
Many people on this earth are very religious.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

I have read about Cayce's "abilities" and he was wrong quite a lot. I haven't read anything on his thoughts of who the anti Christ, although I don't think any of the "seers" gave an actual name when predicting. I do know when Cayce did his medical "readings" he would state everything under the sun to cover himself. He was the Uri Geller of his time, a magician/con artist.

[edit on 7/22/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have read about Cayce's "abilities" and he was wrong quite a lot

Sorry incorrect. It's belived he had an accuracy of over 95%.
Remember, most of prophecies were for medicinal purposes, not futuristic.
On the medicinal end of it, the major reason he was not justified in his
prophecy was becuase the intened solution to an aligment was administured incorrectly or not at all because the Dr.'s in attendence
didn't believe the prophecy.

back to the Anti Christ. On the C2C show, Sidney Kirkpatrick did mention a name, and it escapes me at the moment......This is it....John
Pineal and there is debate at the true meaning.
(I'm relistening to the show and will reply back if I'm wrong)

Another reason the "inaccuaracy" of Cayce, was the "source" that came
through him didn't speak in terms of the current period or of a future time
sometimes.

Edit....Sidney Kirkpatrick "belived that "John Pineal" (Piniel) was a reincarnation of John the Apostel and would usher in Armeggdon"
He had trouble deciphering the true meaning.

I'm in the middle of his book at the moment, so will follow this thread.
Thanks

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Pinktip]

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've heard that the anti-Christ could possibly be Tony Blair. This kinda makes sense if you believe that the EU is the Revived Roman Empire spoken of in the Bible and since Mr. Blair [the last I checked] was striving to the next EU president or whatever the leader of it is called.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

I am trying to find the site about Cayce's medical claims.
Here is some information on him at James Randi's site:

www.randi.org...

An even better article of him:

skepdic.com...

On the anti Christ being reincarnated, isn't the Bible against reincarnation?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
According to EDGAR CAYCE: an American Prophet, medical doctors and famous skeptics of his time (like Houdini), were at a loss as to explain Cayce's results, but they did admit that people who received his readings were cured afterwards.

Cayce REFUSED to turn away people who couldn't afford readings. Early on, he didn't even charge for his time and efforts AT ALL; yet people have the nerve to call him a con artist?

Who has the "Amazing Randi" ever cured?

How much of their time have smarmy skeptics donated toward the effort of healing or enlightenment?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have here 'Revelation: A Commentary Based on a Study of Twenty-Four Psychic Discourses by Edgar Cayce'.

Cayce was requested to give an interpretation of the Book of Revelation as recorded in the King James version of the Bible, explaining the general plan, theme, significance of the book and to give explanations of the symbols therein. It's all in there, laid out in question and answer format as it was asked to Cayce and as he answered, and they went step by step right the way through.

It's published by A.R.E. press, this edition 1969 but still in print AFAIK.

Of the book as a whole, he says that "the visions, the experiences, the names, the churches, the places, the dragons, the cities, all are but emblems of those forces that may war within the individual in its journey through the material, or from the entering into the material manifestation to the entering into the glory, or the awakening in the spirit.."
Which means then, as I understand it, that it is a sort of allegory of what one might expect on the path of spiritual development - from a Christian viewpoint, of course.

As to the 'Anti-Christ' - This is question and answer no.4 in this book, it reads as follows:
"Q-4. In what form does the anit-Christ come, spoken of in Revelation?
A-4.In the spirit of that opposed to the spirit of truth. The fruits of the spirit of the Christ are love, joy, obedience, long-suffering, brotherly love, kindness. Against such there is no law. The spirit of hate, the anti-Christ, is contention, strife, fault-finding, lovers of self, lovers of praise. Those are the anti-Christ, and take possession of groups, masses, and show themselves even in the lives of men."

That's it folks, that's what he said about the anti-Christ - make of it what you will.

edit - typo

[edit on 1-8-2008 by skjalddis]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

wow, description of the antichrist sounds like half the american public on a bad day.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Is my personal belief he is the antichrist. May god, father of jesus christ, protect me. Your will be done.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I love Cayce. He was awesome

Setting aside whether you believe him or think he was a con artist, doesn't change the fact that he had over ten thousand cases of helping people, people who were satisfied with his help

I for one believe he was legitimate. As I believe in an unconscious force within ourselves that connects us all with everything. Which is essentially what he was channeling from, through his self-induced trance state.

I cannot recall anything from Cayce concerning the anti-christ directly. Hmm..

If I remember correctly Cayce did say this new millennium was the onset of a huge spiritual war. That the Christ would be born, or arrive, in 1998. And that soon China would be "the cradle for Christianity"..

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

James Randi wasnt even alive during Cayce's lifetime, listening to what he has to say about the subject is like listening to you speak of it, ie. uninformed and biased without experiencing him directly. Edgar Cayce healed my grandmother from more than one life threatening disease, and therefore, (i dont believe the validity of Cayce was even part of the OP) i honestly could care less if you believe the truth of Mr. Cayce or not. I am a member of the A.R.E. and I have studied Cayce extensively, something you obviously have not done.

I would greatly enjoy seeing a more informed opinion from you about Edgar Cayce in the future. James Randi just isnt going to cut it as an informed person on this matter.

Back to the point, John Pineal is the name of the forerunner who will 'pave the way' for Christs Return (whatever that means...)

[edit on 1-12-2008 by Grock]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The stuff that someone (so sorry cant remember who posted it lol) wrote above about revelations is definitely what cayce thought of it all. And I have to agree with him on a good amount of it. Makes perfect sense, really.

As to this Antichrist fellow. ya know.. one thing that really bugs me is that nowhere does it say in the bible about a personification of some "Anti Christ" sa a person. sure there's references to the beast, false prophet, abomination of desolation, etc... but antichrist? nope.

It DOES talk about the SPIRIT OF anti christ, but describes it as something that all people can have. If you are not for, or aligned with, the spirit of christ, you are for, or aligned with, the spirit of anti christ

That people make this huge deal out of that simple concept is really beyond me, but we all love our doom and gloom end of the world blow the living crap out of everything scenarios, don't we?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join