It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving up WoW, and now all the adds on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
So I have been playing world of warcraft since Oct 31, 2005. I would say, and my friends agree, that I am pretty addictied to the game. I have stopped playing for a few months at time here and there but then I all ways go back. Well as of the last month I have been seriously considering selling my account and washing my hands of the game. It seems that as soon as I made this decision ATS started advertising WoW like crazy. Now every page I go to has an ad for the game. What gives? Now I am not trying to say something crazy like ATS is in with Blizzard and their reading my mind, because well thats really out there. I guess there is no real point to this thread beyond me saying "ATS stop the advertising it isn't helping with my addiction!!!" lol o well

Daracy Runetotem 70 rogue
Kneedeep Runetotem 70 warlock
Paganknight Runetotem 70 Resto Shaman
Typhoeuz Runetotem 70 Warrior

Thats just the higher levels I have plenty of other toons. lol

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think it's like anything, if it's in your mind or you're constantly thinking about it, you'll see it.

If you split with a g/f or b/f then you'll see couples everywhere holding hands.

If you give up smoking, everyone everywhere will be smoking.

It's just the way the mind works.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well giving up WoW is a good thing anyway.
As far as ATS it's all about the cash when it comes to adertisements gotta keep the income coming.
I have had a few friends rid themselves of WoW including my son who is now in Iraq.

I never understood the addiction to the game. The graphics were horrible even with the settings on high with a great video card did not matter if it was nvidia or Ati anyhoo I'm off to play Counter Strike Source for 10 hours

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yeah I agree about the "in your mind" thought. Maybe seeing all the adds will help me get rid of the game faster.

Slayer69

The addiction to the game is more about getting the better gear, and the way they have it set up your all ways grinding monsters for reputation and money. As far as the graphics go they aren't the best but I have seen alot worse (Final Fantsy XI: online for example).

Now counter strike thats a game I haven't played in years! I may have to pick that one up again. I recently started playing diablo 2 again, but thats just replacing one addiction with another.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Weird. I have noticed the WoW advertising as well.

I've been playing for a long time and it is something I enjoy a lot. I won't say I am addicted, but I do feel edgy if I can't log in everyday.

I can't bash it though. I met my partner on WoW. We've been together for three years now. For me it's a nice diversion from real life. In WoW I'm a powerful priestess who people depend on to keep them alive whilst traversing dangerous places. I'm also ridculously beautiful with a perfectly proportioned body. What's not to like about that?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
In WoW I'm a powerful priestess who people depend on to keep them alive whilst traversing dangerous places. I'm also ridculously beautiful with a perfectly proportioned body. What's not to like about that?

Lmao, nice way to put it. My g/f and I play together and it is defintly fun. A main reason for leaving the game is that now its all she does. Her addiction is a 100 fold compared to mine. I don't wanna get into it to much but somtimes I feel like a father talking to his child (sometimes I have to tell her to go to bed or ask for help cleaning). The sad thing is she is 29 and I am 24 so yeah.....

new topics

top topics

join