It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd random noise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This isn't really anything amazing or spectacular, it was just an odd instance that happened the other day.

Basically I woke up late in the day, and got online, checked my email and so forth. Then I got up and went to the bathroom. I go in and while I was in there doing my business, I heard a very distinct 'whirring' noise. It sounded exactly like when you take a power drill and squeeze it once real quick and it does one rotation. It was coming from above me or in the shower behind me.

I didn't hear any construction going on around in the neighborhood while I was awake. I was the only one home. I looked out the window to see if there was anyone or anything out there, but nothing. So I just stood there seeing if it would happen again and it never did. In fact, no one here even owns a power drill. Besides, who needs just one rotation of a power drill? Might as well screw it in yourself.

I live in a house, not an apartment and the closest house is at least 75 feet away. However, like I said, it felt close, like either behind me or above me. The only entrance into our attic is from the opening in the hallway, which has no ladder and you need a chair to get into it. Nor have I heard any attic activity such as critters. I also know it's not my computer as I use headphones all the time and it's clear in the other room.

I am just kind of baffled by it all, because I have not been able to find any logical explanation and the sound was very distinct. I just thought I would post this up to see if anyone has had a similar experience with odd random noises they were unable to explain or if they could give me an explanation.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ragnarak]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know what else can make a whirring noise similar to a cordless drill motor the zoom or positioning of surveillance cameras.
Although usually the pinhole type have electronic zoom not motorized.
However to move them to different fields of vision the mounts require motors that make a little whirring noise.

join