It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death - Inconsistencies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yes Cronkite is still alive, and Palance died late 2006, no where close to City Slickers II.

I completely agree that both of these are not consistent with my memories. I'm sure there are more, its just hard to prove.

Right now, my mind is in knots trying to figure out what is going on...... Its quite odd.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Could've sworn Gene Wilder died as well...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Asnivor

Gene Wilder is dead... Im like 99.99999% sure of it

And James Earl Jones is dead too...

remember when A C Clarke died? ya i thought he was dead way before that tho too!

wait a minute, is Wilder alive still ? wtf

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Welcome to the oddity of the world in which you have known people to be dead, but now they are not. I can't explain it either.

I also believed James Earl Jones to have died, around the time of the release of Star Wars 3 .... or so I remember..

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
ok not a person this time, but a book

a while ago, about 18months amybe 2 yrs i read some books by Dean Koonts, the odd Thomas series and after the last one i read i heard somewhere that his next one was comeing out called Odd Again, i remember seeing this at a local store in my area, but because of the cost i didn't buy it straight away, i decided to phone the libary and see if there had it. they didnt but would see if they could get it in for me, anyway never heard back from them.
now today, i work in a book shop and i see another Dean Kontz book has come out, called Odd Hours, this got me thinking back to his previous book that i never did get to read, i should add that i did go back to the store after the libary never got back to me, bt they had all gone, or had they!!!
anyway i did a search on the computer at work for this book called Odd Again, wasent on there, nowhere could i find it, so now im thinking another time-shift scenario, very strange indeed.

and i can bet my dog on the fact that i do remember hearing about this book called Odd Again, and seeing it in this store, white cover with orange or blue writing. i managed to bring up all his Odd Thomas series and it just wasnet there.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Trekker, very interesting.

I just finished Odd Times, but I'm not familiar with the whole Odd lineup.

Did the cover on that book resemble any covers on any of the other titles?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Trekker... very similar to my experience... it involves a copy of the "Rollerball" DVD found in a WalMart eight months before it hit the theatres.

You can read the whole thing here if you'd like... (top post on this page) www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i distinctly remember james earl jones being dead. It was on the news a few years ago

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
First let me just say I don't pay much attention to celebrities, so I could just be confused. However I thought Mickey Rooney was dead too. Looking at his wikipedia page, I remember him differently too, I always associated him with baseball for some reason, and because he was dead all his memorabilia was worth tons of money. Maybe I just saw him playing a role in a baseball movie or something when I was a kid, but it looks like he did mostly romance and comedy, by his page.

I also remember the thing about the Homer Simpson voice actor, although that doesn't make sense because I saw the simpsons movie a while back and didn't think anything of it when I saw it, I just noticed the post here and remembered it. Maybe this is like a psychological suggestion type-thing though. If you tell a group of people something happened, maybe some of them will remember it just to fit in or something?

* Did Mickey Rooney ever play Babe Ruth in a movie? That could be where his perceived "death" could come from, if people associate them together and don't follow celebrities that much. How would they know who Mickey Rooney is if they never cared? They might see his name in the credits, and knowing Babe Ruth is dead, they might remember Mickey that way too.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

yes it did, i think at the time all the odd thomas series had similar covers,

i started a new thread in ts aboout it, but so far the mystary remanes youcan check it out here Odd Again

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
this is totally throwing me for a loop. I was almost certain that James Earl Jones was deceased.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
James Earl Jones is a tricky one... I was sure of that myself... but I guess I was "mistaken?"

Abe Vigoda is still alive, which some people can't grasp, they are sure he was dead.

All in all, there is no proof, only questions.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Fascinating topic. I also could have sworn Cronkite and Graham were deceased. Just a few weeks ago I was speaking with another member from here and was shocked when he was speaking of Graham as if he was still alive. I mentioned that he was dead but this other member corrected me. Sure enough the man is still alive although I would have bet the rent I remember my family (consisting mainly of Christian fundamentalists) talking about being saddened by his death within the last year or two. Threw me for a loop at the time but it's nice to know I am not the only one who noticed this. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Don't remember JEJ dying. And I generally don't pay attention to celebrities. However I do remember one thing for sure, so does my niece. We both recall Owen Wilson successfully committing suicide.

I was driving along one day when my mum mentioned Owen Wilson doing some movie and both me and my niece laughed it off, I remember saying "isn't he dead?" to which she replied "No! he tried to kill himself but he's alive"

I vividly remember the news and the tributes about Owen Wilson being dead.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
what if , you do not live the life you think you are , your memories are just constantly beeing feed to you somehow (hmm while you sleep ? ;]) and sometimes something goes wrong in the data flow and you get wierd situations like that ;] / just food for thought

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

now that you said about that I have the same thing happen to me a few times. I might not be a musiacian but when I like a track I tend to listen to it very very very much , sometimes one track can be played for hours.

So I know some songs pretty well , and there were a few times when in the middle of a well known song I suddenly hear new tunes , or a whole new section.

It always amazed me but since I could never find any explanation for that I stopped thinking about it

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

this cant be right Jack Palance died of either lung cancer or throat cancer half way through city slickers 2..i would bet my wage on it...i seen it on the news and thought what a shame a fine actor like him died..they even showed city slickers 1 after the news as a tribute....i was always a fan of Jack Palance from his early films \ Ripleys believe it or not on tv....

you are exactly correct! It was very soon after CS1. Funny movie, lots of talent on screen. You are affirming my sanity!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Walter Cronkite is dead now!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Tomorrow I will wake up and will cronkite be alive or dead? Maybe this thread won't even exist. So why can't I go to a timeline where I am very wealthy and very happy? I think I am going to try! And maybe Cronkite will still be alive there, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join