It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death - Inconsistencies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

this cant be right Jack Palance died of either lung cancer or throat cancer half way through city slickers 2..i would bet my wage on it...i seen it on the news and thought what a shame a fine actor like him died..they even showed city slickers 1 after the news as a tribute....i was always a fan of Jack Palance from his early films \ Ripleys believe it or not on tv....

This is one thing that many other people have refuted, with only their own memory as evidence. Jack Palance's stated death date is Nov 2006, but many people remember him dieing previous to this date, quite far before it in fact. I personally remember something about it, I'm just not sure.... But, Yeah I think it was around city slickers 2...... I just have no evidence.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Isn't this funny. I felt the shift in whatever you might call it, timeline?. A few others I know felt a shift, I actually felt small shifts a few times this past year, and one larger one, though it was very subjective, so hard to assign something concrete to it. But you said that James Earl Jones is still alive. And I hope he lives to be well over 100. But I heard about his death on the news. Really strange. Now just what does that mean? A positive switch, well at least it is for him
, but for the world? I remember feeling paralyzed with inertia due to the disclosures, that I had initially sought to research the sightings we had had, only to discover the horrors of impending nwo, and then feeling able to think of my art, and believing we have a future after all.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
How about suoperman, didn't he die in another timeline and now he is back at the hall of justice

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
How about suoperman, didn't he die in another timeline and now he is back at the hall of justice

I have no clue what you are talking about .... or are you attempting humor?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Interesting topic, I honestly think time shifting or seeing occasionally into another time (are those the same thing? Lol) happen, people report staying at hotels that don’t exist, seeing scenes in movies that were never filmed, and meeting people who know personal details about them whom they’ve never met. I have several feelings of déjà vu, and memories of things I swear up and down happened that are different for most people involved. Now this could just be our minds changing information for some reasons over time, but when my cousins and I remember being diagnosed with the chicken pocks, treated for the chicken pocks, and my sister and mother, and aunt claim we were never able to be infected for some reason and we were treated for a minor grass rash something strange is going on.

Very neat story! Did you see the thread ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It deals with more of what you are talking about. I think its neat that you and your cousins all remember the chicken pox and being treated for it. That is something that you don't forget!! Its odd that your sister, mom and aunt would claim that it was minor grass rash. I seriously doubt that grass rash would produce memories of chicken pox. The pox is so annoying, and devastating to kids.

This is a very hard subject to prove, because there is no proof. The only way to prove that you aren't going insane is by confirming suspicions with other people!

This is one of the issues where only a community of people can see if something is really happening ... I still hope I'm not going INSANE!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Ive been reading this thread with some interest and was just curious to see if any body else remembers the voice of Homer Simpson (Dan Castellaneta) dying?

Im convinced he died and that they had to find someone else to do the voice, I was 100% sure of this up until about 5 minutes ago when I googled it after reading this thread

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Sorry, I hadn't heard of the voice of Homer dieing..... but I'm not that huge of a Simpson's fan.

Has anyone else found any oddities when looking at deaths and who is alive?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The pox is so annoying, and devastating to kids.

That’s why this is so strange to me and I think it proves (at least to me) that time shifting happens. The oddest detail as I mentioned before is that my sister, mother, and aunt swear they had us play with kids who had the pox but we were unable to be infected, we never had shots yet we were immune. That is pretty differing from my cousins and my memory that we played with these kids, got the pox, went to the doctor and were diagnosed, then were specifically kept out of school and treated for this infection. Now I was six or seven so my memory could be easily altered I guess but my oldest cousin was twelve, three people don’t just make up the same circumstances in their heads and a twelve year old I’m certain can remember just fine if they struggled with the pox, with out mistaking it from an actual grass rash.

I still hope I'm not going INSANE!

I doubt you are and thank you for the other thread. Just as I mentioned before my story is one of many, the more people involved in these instances the more proof there is that one group remembers something entirely differently, such as large crowds of movie goers because put into groups of three that each remember some scenes in a film being distinctly different. Some skeptics chop it up to people seeing different versions of a film at different theaters, but what about people in the same theater audience together, what about movie scenes that were never filmed to begin with? It is all very fascinating.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This happened to me with songs some times.

For example, I was listening to a song on Anenma (TOOL) and at one point on the song, it sounded different, like the riff changed fro mwhat I was used to hearing and the rest of the song was slightly different.

I am a musician and momorize songs well wnough to play them back all the way through in my mind (not a brag, it's to let you know I really KNEW this song). This is one of the bands I real love and actively listen to - as in sit down and do nothing but listen to try and get into the music. I know how the song goes, yet it changed that one time I heard it and from then on sounded the new way. This has happened with other songs, too. Sometimes the change is subtle, other times it is more drastic.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by madhatter3113

About the differences in the song, are you talking about from the same CD played twice, or is there a possibility there are two different records; i.e. one is a live recording?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeDeuce
This is one thing that many other people have refuted, with only their own memory as evidence. Jack Palance's stated death date is Nov 2006, but many people remember him dieing previous to this date, quite far before it in fact. I personally remember something about it, I'm just not sure.... But, Yeah I think it was around city slickers 2...... I just have no evidence.

I remember having a conversation with my mom. We both were sad over the death of Jack Palance. My mom passed away in Feb 2006

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This only shows reality is not as stable as we think it to be. In fact reality maybe nothing more than you plugged into an intelligence feeding you corrupted memories From it's own flawed data flow.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I remember having a conversation with my mom. We both were sad over the death of Jack Palance. My mom passed away in Feb 2006

Wow Dark, this is quite interesting! You can at least have definitive time dating as to when you were discussing his death!

The possibility exists that both your mom and you were mistaken, and he wasn't dead yet. Or....... as many other people have stated, he died previously, and somehow died again /boggle

I would hedge my bets on the unexplainable in this case, because I can personally draw upon my own memories remembering that he passed, and that it was before 2006!!! Someone without these memories would surely believe we are insane.

The guy who owns the smokeshop near to my house, is a good buddy of mine. We talk all of the time. I brought up this death abnormality thing, and I brought up Cronkite. "No man, Cronkite is dead!" was his response. I told him to go home and google Cronkite, and that I was sure he is still alive. I hope that another person comes out bewildered and utterly confused as to how they could "mis-remember" something so clearly in their memory.

I do think that if only a few people had said memory, that it would be a coincidence. With the amount of people responding to certain individuals, I think that it could be more than coincidence, and is something we should investigate further!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

The example above refers to Tool's Aenema CD. If it was vinyl, it'd be worn down from all the listens I've given it.

No, I mean I actively listened to the particular songs for years and memorized them, then one day I am listenign and it's different.

It hasn't been a whole album, yet. The few times it's happened, it was just one part in the song that was different or it was different from a particular part to the end, not drastically but noticeably.

[edit on 7/25/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wow, it being the same CD really makes you question some things.

We are pretty well versed at memorizing music, so I don't doubt that you notice some differences. It being a CD takes out some variables that is for certain.

I think that only concious, aware people will notice differences in their surroundings as slight as this one! Great catch..... Too bad there's no proof! Unless we can get some others that remember the changes also!

That is the key here, the only proof, is other people and their memories....

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have an experience that is kind of the opposite of this. Around a year ago I remember someone telling me that Christopher Reeve was dead, when I swear a month before that I had heard news about him doing something to help with some charities he was in. (And I'm sure it had live footage of him doing so).

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's really weird, almost like dreams. I've had dreams where I learned something important and KNEW what it was in the dream, but when I woke up, I would try & hang onto it, but it would fade. I remembered I learned SOMETHING & in the dream it made sense, but I don't get it/can't remember it now.

It's sort of like that with the song. I thought about it some more & got a little more clarity.

I don't recall the track name, but it was in the 2nd half of the CD. I was listening and all of a sudden I heard a part I never heard before. I was like "Wait a minute...I don't remember that". And then it contiuned with the rest of the song. And from then on, that part has been in the song every time I've listened.

I'll try to give it a listen soon and note the track/riff. I wish I wrote it down. Stuff like that I noticed, but kind of shrugged it off. I knew it sounded different, but didn't get/ why and didn't dwell on it. Until reading on here about timeline shifts, I had no idea this thing was as "important" as it was or that so many others experienced similar things.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was sure johnny rotten died in the 90s and neil young with crazy horse sang a song about johnny going from the blue into the black with ya can't come back.

Than I see a news article just a week or so ago about ol johnny rotten teeth alive and kicking. I am baffled how this reality comes and goes.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That is too strange. I was SURE Walter Cronkite died a few years ago too. Jack Palance as well, he died around the time City Slickers II came out, or possibly during filming, something like that.

So Cronkite is still alive?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join