It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear Embarrassed On Coast 2 Coast AM

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Lear is 80% right about the things he says. He knows a lot of people in the know who he gets his info from. The other 20% he makes up from what he think is the truth, which sounds like a bunch of bs and hurts his image. His 911 conspiracy is one of the few, I believe sounds extremely nutty, but I can understand why he thinks so if u watch his interview at project camelot.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well if aliens are supposivly as advanced as they say they are I doubt they would communicate through the same means we use... however it is odd SETI hasn't found anything, but of course who's saying they haven't? The guy making the claim that SETI hasn't found anything is just as rediculous. Does he work at SETI? It's obvious that there is a coverup involving UFO's whether they're ours or extraterrestial. So lets say UFO's are alien, then if SETI got a transmission from an extra terrestial then the government wouldn't exactly want them to tell anyone would they.
No one knows everything and those that say they do, shame on them. Yes some of his statements are quite unbelievable but sometimes those extrodinary claims end up being true. Back before 1492 if someone told me the world was round I probably would have rolled my eyes at them.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by asmall89]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
What an non-constructive thread full of non-constructive behaviour. Personally when I see a 'controversial' theory like Lear's I welcome the food for thought, and I take it as such - no more, no less. If you don't agree with Lear's theories take a number and join the queue. No need to get ad hominem about it, just find another thread that suites your interests more.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
[edit on 22/7/2008 by internos]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by unnamedninja

So if John told you to go jump off a bridge and you would not die because you would turn into the incredible hulk, then you would do it, right? After all, he's not lying, right? right?

I guess that would make the difference between being a bad person and a good person. Since he isn't saying jump off a bridge you wont die hes not bad. Wrong about people living on other planets? Who knows? Experienced pilot? yeah, probably. I definately would not discredit or believe 100% of what anyone says.

I would buy the guy a drink.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Funny you bring up the question.

Here you are accusing John Lear of being a nut-case because he believes there are bases on the moon so let me ask you a question. "Do you even know what you are talking about?"

How much do you really know about the moon?

Please enlighten us, I'm assuming you know more about the moon than John Lear does?

Is that correct?

Thanks Maddy.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
For one, I'm sick of people defending Lear because he is a "nice guy."
You will not see me defend John Lear because he is a "nice guy" (which he may be), in fact I don't believe in one of his ideas, and he never gave me a straight answer to my questions about his theories or his ideas about subjects posted in ATS, but I will defend his right to say what he wants.

The fact that he has a somewhat large following speaks more for the personality of those that follow him than for his own personality, but even his followers have the same right of believing him as you have the right to think he is nuts.

But when you talk about someone who speaks without providing proof of what he says and you yourself do not provide proof that he is nuts or that he does all this on purpose, knowing that he is lying, you fall in the same category of someone who just speaks about something just because he can.

Attacking other people's knowledge of English while not spelling "asinine" correctly also shows that you can easily fall prey of that easy escape route of attacking other people instead of attacking their points of view.

PS: I may not know how to spell in English (I learnt it all by myself) but that does not take my rights away or makes my posts wrong, it's my idea behind what I write that may be wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod edit:
Removed Entire off-topic post.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus

Originally posted by internos
Well, mine is undeservedly as well.

You speculate, man, you never try to promote your findings or your opinions on them as fact.

You've really gotta listen to an interview or two. Lear has been asked "Do you know this for a fact?" and he always says "Of course I don't know" Every single time.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
John Lear is a genuinely sweet and intelligent man, however he will believe anything you tell him.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join