It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rochester Michigan UFO 07-21-2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had any information on a possible UFO sighting in Rochester, Michigan? I spoke to my family today while I was at work and they were telling me it was all over the news, but when I got home and watched the 11pm news nothing at all was mentioned. I even looked at local news station websites and they had nothing! My parents may be old, but they are not senile yet, so I know they didn't mistake the news broadcasts they saw earlier in the day. Any information would be appreciated, as I live 10-15 miles away from Rochester.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm from Flint but work in Rochester Hills. About what time was the sighting?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live 30 mins north of grand rapids...didn't see anything on tv..google search showed nothing either. Just curious....did they happen to say what the ufo had looked like....perhaps an orange orb? Those have been seen around michigan lately.

Nuforc link to recent michigan sightings:

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I googled it as well, came up empty. Searched all major news sites in MI nothing there. Orange orbs? I'll have to check that out...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
From looks of that link people think they see UFO's on daily basis. Well I guess they are since they dont know what it is. Wonder what on looks like through binos. Gotta be tough to follow though...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yes, i had actually seen an orange orb or something a few weeks ago, made a thread about it...i then searched nuforc and seen that there have been others who have seen something similar. I actually reported it to their website..but it hasn't been updated in a couple weeks for some reason..

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
here is the link to that thread since i brought it up...does make me wonder what was seen tonight...if there was something seen that is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hmmm, very interesting! I'll have to keep an eye out for orange orbs. Thanks for the info...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
UFO's, or just a Canadian airship company?
21stcenturyairships

If you are is east michigan or northern ohio, chances are you are just seeing these cool new dirigible designs. They even have a "cigar" shaped one.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about these airships on Coast To Coast AM. Forgot they were being produced in Ohio..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I live in Roseville and I have family in Rochester which is only a stones throw from here, and I have heard absolutely nothing about this. My wife has the habit of tuning into the local news every night and there was no report of this event. Given the close proximity to Selfridge AGB we see our fair share of odd things in the sky. I have heard a lot of talk about the orange orbs; they are usually dismissed as satellites. A month ago I was having trouble sleeping so I stepped out on to the balcony to have a smoke and saw a very strange object. It was not the orange orb, but it was strange nonetheless. This object was not reported locally either. In fact, in the few years that I have lived in south eastern Michigan I have yet to see any reports locally about UFO sightings. Perhaps a media blackout can be blamed for this. It just has me scratching my head when I read about so many eyewitness accounts.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My friend told me it was on the news too and I can't findit anywhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hello,

My parents saw it on the local news channels at the 5pm broadcast yesterday (7-21-08). I got home around 1030pm from work and was anxiously awaiting the 11pm news to see what i missed. After watching the 11pm broadcast on multiple channels (2,4,7) there was absolutely nothing about this topic, and nothing on the their websites. Both of my parents are in their early 60's and neither has any type of mental disorder, and I can guarantee they weren't trying to pull a prank on me, so I know what they told me was true. Since i didnt see the newscast myself, I dont have any details except for a ufo sighting by multiple witnesses in Rochester Michigan. Sorry I cant provide more info, thats why I posted here because I was hoping someone else saw the newscast as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Odd. Someone told me they heard caller on WJR on Sunday night mention a UFO sighting in West Bloomfield, MI. I haven't been able to find anything on that either.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The orange "orbs" or OBOL(Orange ball of Light) are also being seen in Indiana..There is an existing thread on that phenomenon. I have seen them a few times myself. This has been going on since 2001. I do not believe they are laterns or military flare testing.. By the way Kokomo is very active region for this.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What I seen looked like airplane landing lights. I thought maybe it was going to the Oakland airport. My wife said it wasn't moving. she thought it was a tower. I thought may be it was a helicopter. I could see a silloute and it was big.
It was about 9:30PM and we were on I-75 North of great Laks Crossing.
My wife and son seen the news reports the next day.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Damn, I always miss the good stuff. I live in Troy and I do go outside at night and smoke and always stargaze while doing so. What time did the sighting happen?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
A better example of airship is the Ascender (look it up). I think there must be many commercial ventures out there producing these vehicles.
But how advanced are they really? Under what perfect conditions must they be tested?
As a visitor to this site I have been looking for answers since experiencing two sightings in one night in April 2007 over east Windsor,ON. I reported these sightings that night online expecting then hoping someone else witnessed what I saw. My reports are found at www.hbccufo.org
One explanation of what I saw was that it could be an Ascender-type vehicle. I can't get over the fact that (flying at night) there was no beacon, no lights but seven large, circular dim-white lights (each 10ft. diameter) on the underside of a very large V-shaped and 3-d almost black aircraft.
Don't all military craft even stealth bombers fly with winglights, flashers, beacons?
Within a week of that event and as my curiosity of the things flying overhead had my attention, I witnessed something else above in the skies on evening. I spotted an usual stationary speck overhead so i got out my binoculars and what appeared to be a metallic barrel very small, or very high couldn't make much out except it was there. My brother also witnessed this and agreed something was up there and that it must be an American low-fly spying satellite to watch the border/river.
Two days later I saw it again and periodically checked it out, moving slowly over 20 minutes it had moved from Peche Island to past the Ambassador bridge.
So I believe there are some interesting technologies at work. Some are secret, some are not so scret. And possibly some aren't ours at all.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alabaster

yes, it was on the news, iit was sighted on orchard lake and maple, a capsule shaped object, i was checking th enews also, i think it was on fox 2 news

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
living in mi, i also follow the ufo scene here. I also have been noticing a lot more orange orb reports. I believe they may be connected to the OBOL sightings in indiana back in april. Im still not convinced the earthquake there was a natural event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join