It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchmen Movie: Dr. Manhattan. The possibility of humans to aliens!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Dr. Jonathan Osterman) is a fictional character featured in the DC Comics series Watchmen.

Due to an accident involving a nuclear physics experiment, Dr. Osterman was taken outside the physical realm and returned with god-like powers, including superhuman strength, telekinesis, the ability to teleport himself or others over planetary, interplanetary and Intergalactic distances, control over matter at a subatomic level, and near total clairvoyance.

While his military backers market him as a superhero, he grows increasingly disinterested in human affairs, despite his importance in the Cold War, and is unable to connect with others, especially his love interest Laurie, the second Silk Spectre.

This weekend while waiting for the feature presentation of The Dark Knight, I was left in awww at the blue alien like being that appeared before the screen during a preview of Watchmen. Later on I checked up on this movie, and found Dr. Manhattan to be the most interesting character, because of the notion that a nuclear physics experiment could take him outside of the physical realm. I thought it funny.

I remember watching a video of a lucid blue being's reflection in a window, right behind George Bush, whilst he gave a speech. I thought to myself. What if that is exactly what these aliens are? I'm sure that there are all types, but the lucid blue being is much like Dr. Manhattan. With all the high tech, top secret creations of the government, I can imagine something of this nature would be kept under wraps. Perhaps it is possible to endow humans with superhuman powers by detaching them from the physical realm. What if a certain breed of these aliens are actually Dr. Manhattans?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Maybe a little to mutch right now on this "movies saying
something" threads?

Anyway, here is the Trailer for all to see!

Watchmen Trailer

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

If you haven`t read the graphic novel Watchmen
by Alan Moore then go buy it as it will explain
Dr Manhatten a lot better than I ever could.
He`s basically a nod to Superman,but there is
nothing Extraterrestrial about him,he`s very human,
infact probably the most human character in the whole novel!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

PAH ! I identify more with roachard , that alarms some people - but some people are easily alarmed

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That would be Rorschach!

He`s my favourite character too...just
something very cool about a masked vigilante!
that takes out paedophiles!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
sweet bejesus that trailer blew me away - can't wait to see the flick!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by primamateria

Aye it is very nice,long way until March though,
I want to see this now!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Can we keep the topic on Aliens & UFOs and not the actual movie. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Well, sorry about that but I really meant to pose the question, that maybe the government has the technology to make humans operate outside the realms of the physical universe. I was watching Larry King the other night, and s ome guests were on talking about UFOs destroying U.S. nuke missles. They showed a video of an alien actually going around a missle that was shooting in the air, and shooting white beams at it. It made the it destruct on its path. Some UFOs are quite strange, they look like flexible , shape=shifting objects, that can multiply such as Dr. Manhattan. Have you guys ever heard of the flying witches in Mexico? Perhaps the human tools of the government.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
reply to post by Gemwolf

Well, sorry about that but I really meant to pose the question, that maybe the government has the technology to make humans operate outside the realms of the physical universe. I was watching Larry King the other night, and s ome guests were on talking about UFOs destroying U.S. nuke missles. They showed a video of an alien actually going around a missle that was shooting in the air, and shooting white beams at it. It made the it destruct on its path. Some UFOs are quite strange, they look like flexible , shape=shifting objects, that can multiply such as Dr. Manhattan. Have you guys ever heard of the flying witches in Mexico? Perhaps the human tools of the government.

can you please link me to missile-watching UFO?

and here's ATS thread to the "flying witches" of mexico.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Last I knew, CNN had posted this up, I recall seeing the video there again last night. Somebody was annoyed that CNN was giving attention to UFOs. I am trying to find it.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Pocky]

djYSiwIZ69I&feature=related

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Pocky]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

I think that was a recreation of the event and not
the actual footage,which one of the Bob`s said had
been removed by the cia?
edit: apologies just noticed another thread explaining the missile footage!

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

How did you get minus ATS points? Yea, but I still pose the question, are these objects possibly not UFO craft, but alien bodies?

top topics

join