It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible reincarnation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The first-century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus wrote about the Pharisees being believers in reincarnation. The Pharisees were the Jewish sect which Paul belonged to before his Near death experiance [NDE] and conversion to Christianity. Josephus wrote about the Pharisees' belief that the souls of evil men are punished after death. But the souls of good men are "removed into other bodies" and they will have "power to revive and live again." [source ; www.near-death.com... ]

If reincarnation was a major teaching why is-it no longer taught about for the Bible?

Reincarnation teaching goes as far to conclude the archangel Michael who was like unto God who cast Satan to the ground, is said to be Jesus. Dont forget about all the other prophets of God make a reincarnated match!

[edit on 21-7-2008 by rockygilles]

[edit on 21-7-2008 by rockygilles]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I do think reincarnation is Biblical and I don't know why it was taken out of the teachings.

Maybe some thought if you die and that's it and you don't reincarnate, then they could have more control over you while your here.

I think the knowledge of reincarnation will actually make the world a better place. People rob and kill to get material things in this world because they think they only have "one life to live."

Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah.

Jesus was standing on the Mount with Moses.

The beast in Revelation was, was not and yet is.

The Disciples asked Jesus this question:

1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

John 9: 1-2

How could he have sinned before he was born?

I think reincarnation was a common concept but was taken from the teachings in the Bible because the people in charge at the time thought the masses would be easier to control if you told them they died and that was it.

This way people would feel they had to listen to them at all cost which would give them more control.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
Jesus said John the Baptist was Elijah.

Jesus was standing on the Mount with Moses.

The beast in Revelation was, was not and yet is.

The Disciples asked Jesus this question:

1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

point one is explained with adamic sin, not reincarnation.

second reincarnation conflicts with the teaching of the resurrection

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have always believed that reincarnation exists, and there is much evidence that it does. I can remember things from other lifetimes, and several friends of mine have told me they knew me in another life. It seems the only ones who really don't believe in it are fundamentalists who believe every word of their book. It is my opinion that we all, humanity, are caught in an endless cycle of birth/death/rebirth and have been for a very long time now. Perhaps this time around we can work together and break free of this cycle?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockygilles
Reincarnation teaching goes as far to conclude the archangel Michael who was like unto God who cast Satan to the ground, is said to be Jesus. Dont forget about all the other prophets of God make a reincarnated match!

Actually Ioshaus (Joshaua) roman named "Jesus" was Michael.

If you believe what you've said above then you should really pick up a copy of the Urantia Book and start learning the upmost truth today!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sacred knowledge becomes secret knowledge.
The founders of Christianity know that and implemented the notion of karma and reinsertion as Satan teaching.
Hypocrite clergy man hold on to the real teaching of Jesus as to control the masses like they did in the Middle age with the Absolution where by a priest pardon the sinner, and take a way (by Magic) the eternal damnation connected with human sins.
A friend of mine, Buddhist asked me once how such frauds can can be wildly accepted.
My answer was that it can only be that the bible was fraudulently edited.
Kacou.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by kacou]

[edit on 22-7-2008 by kacou]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rockygilles

If reincarnation was a major teaching why is-it no longer taught about for the Bible?

You seem to be getting info from this web site you linked to, in your post.
It seems to be teaching a gnostic version of Christianity.
Gnostics believe there are secret teachings of Jesus that the Church does not want us to know about.
I will quote from this site, what I think is the central theme of this religion:

The orthodox misunderstood Jesus' teaching because they were unable to accept the reality that each human being has both a human and a divine nature and the potential to become wholly divine.

www.near-death.com...
According to this philosophy, I go to the other direction, beyond the Orthodox, to the point of not only denying the duality of Jesus, but the notion that he existed, before birth, as either: 1) God, 2) an angel, 3) a man.
Now, everyone, pretty much would agree that Jesus was the Logos or that the Logos became Jesus.
But the Logos was with God or was God.
I tend to think it is not a stand-alone entity.
The Logos can not exist without God, and the creation can not exist without the Logos.
In the beginning, God spoke and it became so.
God's word was the outside manifestation of the Logos.
So, in my mind, the Logos came into play, with the birth of Jesus.
That same force that created the universe, did its thing inside Mary.
To put that word into a form for human understanding, Gabriel spoke to Mary.
You and I were not made in the same way as Jesus was, to be made directly by what created the universe.
Now, once Jesus came of age, he did not need Gabriel to speak for him.
Jesus, created by the word, was given the power and authority of the word.
Anyway, to get back to the topic at hand, I do not even give to Jesus this attribute, if you will, of pre-existing, other than inside the Mind of God, before he was born.
So, far be it from me to give to myself, something I would deny of Christ.

[edit on 22-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The Pharisees in the Bible believed in resurrection not reincarnation. The Pharisees' belief in the resurrection is what allowed Peter [I think] to get out of a trial that was being put on by the Pharisees and Saducees. [The Saducess did not believe in resurrection so Peter said that he was being put on trial for believing in a resurrection and all heck broke lose between the two sides].

Christians don't teach reincarnation because it says in the Bible that it is appointed to man once to die then after that the judgment.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Reincarnation was the dominant belief system at the time throughout the world. Why the heck do you think JC said "the only path to redemption is to be born again".....he wasn't talking about becoming a christian, that's a modern interpretation. It's as plain as day if you ignore all the BS that modern day christians carry on with.

top topics

join