It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Added (((~ Electroencephalograph Wave Forms ~)))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just added Electro-encephalograph Wave Forms and am currently expanding on the different levels of brainwave activity and how they can be controlled by yourself or external stimuli...

I also plan to add more on how the television, as well as other electromagnetic transmitters affect the human brain.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
iiinvision,

Just looking at the information there, briefly, it certainly looks like an interesting topic. I may be mistaken to think it's terribly related, but I myself have added some stub articles recently called "Dreams", and "Life", maybe I should also mention "Intelligence", and also added another short article a little while back called "Humans". If I'm mistaken or not, the topic of this brain activity stuff seems fairly interesting to me with regard to such things as in the stub articles I mentioned I've just added. In my point of view, the topic of such brain waves or what it is, absolutely belongs quite much in this particular encyclopedia, probably for multiple reasons.

As far as the actual article text, however, I want to encourage you to go through that and look for adjustments that could be good to do. Remember that tinWiki is a slightly different type of encyclopedia from Wikipedia. Even if the software is the same, there are many differences. That includes the actual focus and perspective in this encyclopedia, compared to that of Wikipedia, as well as some 'technical' things. As you may have noticed, for example images are not used here in quite the same way.

Generally it's a good idea to try and write an article basically from scratch. That way the article will quite likely be better adapted to tinWiki's needs, and we will have someone here who knows what the idea was behind why the article was written the way it was, and also it helps tinWiki be more of a unique encyclopedia and project of its own, instead of being like something that happens like in the wake of Wikipedia. At least I think it's the most healthy track for tinWiki to be on, if the people here who work on contributing material are all original writers who know what's going on in the article text content that's here.

Anyway, I encourage you to go slowly through that text and make sure it looks like content that appears sensible in the page, and looks like content that you personally as a contributor know what's about, all of it, so you, for example, could help the progress of the article by parttaking in a discussion with other contributors there. If content is just some 'mass' of text that no one really knows what is about, then it's really difficult for this collaborative wiki to function according to the intention of it being a project in constant development.

Remember that no article contribution here needs to look very 'professional'. Of course there are guidelines and so on, but the idea here is only to add information. A page just starts 'somewhere', and then additions and improvements are made by anyone interested, and there's really no limit to how many edits can be done. Some articles' version history lists are fairly long. That's also precisely how it's supposed to be, of course. :-)

Optimist

edit: correcting a phrasing...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Optimist]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the tips and I will definitely do so

...Im currently writing a piece on word that Im going to transfer tonight or tomorrow...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sounds great. Btw., I should probably do that, also, making a Word or Notepad document on the harddrive to organize and write more content than those stubs I tend to contribute. :-)

Optimist

top topics

join