It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Promotion At The Expense of Others

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Is it morally right to make a false prediction that you could make money from even if it is at the expense of others? If making a false prediction could end up hurting people, is it ok?

Would people be ok with me promoting my gas mask company by creating prediction threads about the threat of flu pandemic?

Is it morally ok to use scare marketing in order sell a product or service?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Let me ask you this:
What do you think we're going to say?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Is it morally right to make a false prediction that you could make money from even if it is at the expense of others? If making a false prediction could end up hurting people, is it ok?

Would people be ok with me promoting my gas mask company by creating prediction threads about the threat of flu pandemic?

Is it morally ok to use scare marketing in order sell a product or service?

Guess what Iamcamouflage - anyone can go to ATS Predictions board, and make any prediction they want. I know how this must upset you, after reading your posts on my own thread - but get over it - people are allowed to make predictions - and a prediction is NOT automatically a hoax.

Making a prediction in order to make money from it - well, last time I checked, that was called gambling.

Iamcamouflage is upset because I had the audacity to post a prediction on behalf of a friend back in May. It was about a predicted earthquake, which I thought would be in June this year, but I got it wrong. My friend, who had the vision, didn't know when the quake would occur (we are talking 9.9 Richter scale, off the coast of China), but he does know that it will cancel the upcoming Olympic Games - according to his vision.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iamcamouflage is claiming that I posted the thread (see link below), purely as a marketing strategy. Apart from demonstrating a total lack of understanding about what marketing actually is in reality these days, it is just plain wrong.

Go read the thread and decide for yourself - but I warn you - after the OP and a couple of questions, the thread devolves for over a dozen pages into a couple of skeptics accusing me of wholesale lying, hoaxing, and now marketing.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh, I see what's going on. I had a feeling you were being sarcastic, but I'm a little too buzzed to tell right now.
Plus, there's the whole "text" thing. Hard to tell how people are saying things when you're reading text instead of hearing them speak.

top topics

join